• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What you wished had happen

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

Ok so we all have stories or moments that we wish had happen on the show but that didn't (I mean that's why fanfic exist!). I was wondering what do you think was missing or what you wished had happen on Btvs or Ats that didn't.

Personaly, I would have loved for Buffy to have more than one long term human boyfriend. I completely adore Angel and Spike, but I just feels it is weird for a slayer to date more vampires than humans in her life. I would have love to see her try with another human for a longer time than Scott or Parker for exemple.

I would have love for Willow to have another great girlfriend. I don't want a copy of Tara but someone that loves her and that we as viewer would love too. Maybe they can make that happen in the comics but I don't have high hopes for that!

Also, I would have loved for Dawn and Buffy to be closer post S5. I feel like they finally got a good sisterhood at the end of S5 where Buffy understood the importance of dawn in her life. It would have been great if Dawn had been the one to shake Buffy out of her depression instead of Riley's return.

What are your moments?

W

WillowFromBuffy

I want Willow to be thanked for restoring Angel's soul and bringing Buffy back to life.
It would have been great if Dawn had been the one to shake Buffy out of her depression instead of Riley's return.
Dawn did shake Buffy out of her depression. Meeting Riley made Buffy conclude that her relationship with Spike was unhealthy. However, it was when Dawn said she thought Buffy would welcome the end of the world that Buffy realised how far off the deep end she had gone.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I would like more longform storytelling that they actually thought of beforehand versus trying to pigeonhole things into place to make it seem that way.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Add stuff, not subtract stuff? Right.

- Drusilla should've gotten a proper arc/resolution like Darla, Angel and Spike did; if not on Buffy post S5 then over on Angel; what a waste.

- More Ethan Rayne post-Initiative. In Season 6 would be ideal, given that he met these characters when they were teens and now they're screwed-up 'adults' he could have a lot of fun with that.

- Buffy realizing about Anne in LA and the positive effect she had on someone's life that didn't involve face-punching; that would've helped S7 Buffy a lot.

- More Buffy/Scoobie feels in S7- preferably devoting part of the two-part season finale we should've gotten to doing just this; Buffy and the Scoobies is where it all began and why most people watched the show; final season should've focused way more on this.

- An Angel S6 with Faith in the credits- that's my number 1. Angel might be in hell but he's got a little Faith (my one and only joke punning on Faith's name. It pains me).

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bunnies frighten me
Black Thorn
How would you make that happen? I'm curious :p

Oh darn, you're gonna make me work, huh? :p

Tara finds a book at the Magic Box, and flips through the pages for awhile. She comes across an old spell which looks fascinating, and being a witch, she's curious. The writing is ancient Celtic, which she cannot read. But suddenly, a gnarled hand reaches out from the page and caresses her face. Tara freezes....a strange light envelops her, and she becomes the living embodiment of a Druid sacrifice; a long-dead, half demon girl who'd been thrown into a pit of fire centuries ago. Now she's back...in Tara's body. And she's pissed.

MarieVampSlayer

Sineya
Oh darn, you're gonna make me work, huh? :p

Tara finds a book at the Magic Box, and flips through the pages for awhile. She comes across an old spell which looks fascinating, and being a witch, she's curious. The writing is ancient Celtic, which she cannot read. But suddenly, a gnarled hand reaches out from the page and caresses her face. Tara freezes....a strange light envelops her, and she becomes the living embodiment of a Druid sacrifice; a long-dead, half demon girl who'd been thrown into a pit of fire centuries ago. Now she's back...in Tara's body. And she's pissed.

Well it was worth the work, I love this! I like how she's really a innocent turned evil. Now I wish that was canon!

I would like more longform storytelling that they actually thought of beforehand versus trying to pigeonhole things into place to make it seem that way.

When did they do that? :p coughing...Jasmine...coughing

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Every other vampire of the fabulous four got redemption in some way. Drusilla should have gotten hers. I think in some ways, she was the most interesting character of all of them.

Darla got to sacrifice herself for her son to be born.

Angel and Spike both saved the world.

Dru should have gotten that chance in canon too. I think she should have come on the show in season 5 of Angel, instead of Spike... It would have been at least as believable as Spike not going to Buffy.

MarieVampSlayer

Sineya
I want Willow to be thanked for restoring Angel's soul and bringing Buffy back to life.

Dawn did shake Buffy out of her depression. Meeting Riley made Buffy conclude that her relationship with Spike was unhealthy. However, it was when Dawn said she thought Buffy would welcome the end of the world that Buffy realised how far off the deep end she had gone.

You're right but that moment is not enough for me. You don't ''cure'' depression with one moment. Actually all of Buffy's family (scoobies ) should have helped her get thought depression. But Dawn even more.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Darla and Buffy interacting during Darla’s pregnancy* BtVS s6/AtS s3. (Going to write this one eventually)

Buffy and Faith and a Slayer army joining the fight in NFA (I know why they didn’t and I know for AtS the show finale it was important it just be them... but part of me wants to see him fight side by side Buffy and Faith). (I wrote this fic in The Work We Do).

Dawn and Angel interacting. I just like their dynamic in my head they are both kinda dorky and like to read and I think they would get along.

I’m with @thetopher on the more positive Scooby interactions in S7. I wanted it to end on an organic high note with the core 4.

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
When did they do that? :p coughing...Jasmine...coughing
But also the First. Considering the First and the bringers were introduced in S2, to see the First be a behind the scenes evil for 5 years and then finally face off with Buffy in the finale would have been really worthwhile. As it were there really was not a build-up.

MarieVampSlayer

Sineya
But also the First. Considering the First and the bringers were introduced in S2, to see the First be a behind the scenes evil for 5 years and then finally face off with Buffy in the finale would have been really worthwhile. As it were there really was not a build-up.

But he had a bunch of super vampires to help him win. And also...ah no just a bunch of super vampires and a super human...pretty much the same as the Mayor.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
But he had a bunch of super vampires to help him win. And also...ah no just a bunch of super vampires and a super human...pretty much the same as the Mayor.
But I mean if we would have heard of the First in S4, 5 and 6 doing something to disrupt the Watcher's plans, etc, then in 7 they blow up the watchers. It wouldn't have to be a main plot point of the seasons, just little mentions. It just would have added more weight to it.

But he had a bunch of super vampires to help him win.
Wait. Why it have to be a him? That's so sexist. All of the men on the show are evil and all the women good. The first evil, the thing that spawned all of the evil in the world is a him? SMH. #Shameful. The man-hate.

;)

MarieVampSlayer

Sineya
But I mean if we would have heard of the First in S4, 5 and 6 doing something to disrupt the Watcher's plans, etc, then in 7 they blow up the watchers. It wouldn't have to be a main plot point of the seasons, just little mentions. It just would have added more weight to it.

Wait. Why it have to be a him? That's so sexist. All of the men on the show are evil and all the women good. The first evil, the thing that spawned all of the evil in the world is a him? SMH. #Shameful. The man-hate.

;)

Hahaha you know so well how to make my feminist vibe tick!

I just use the masculine as we always choose the masculine by default in writing. Should have said it! To help it win then!

S
Spanky
Initially you acknowledge the First is a man, and now you are calling a man "it"... just wow.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Kennedy being eaten by Gnarl or at the very least suffering he consequences of her actions.

Drusilla and Spike staying together.

The Whirlwind on screen together in modern day, even if Angel still had his soul.

Giles and Joyce having a brief relationship during Season 4.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Darla and Buffy interacting during Darla’s pregnancy* BtVS s6/AtS s3. (Going to write this one eventually)

Buffy and Faith and a Slayer army joining the fight in NFA (I know why they didn’t and I know for AtS the show finale it was important it just be them... but part of me wants to see him fight side by side Buffy and Faith). (I wrote this fic in The Work We Do).

Dawn and Angel interacting. I just like their dynamic in my head they are both kinda dorky and like to read and I think they would get along.

I’m with @thetopher on the more positive Scooby interactions in S7. I wanted it to end on an organic high note with the core 4.
Angel, the series was part of Buffy ending, why could it not be the other way around? That would actually only be fair!

I really think that a slayer assisted ending to NFA would have made actual sense! The ending they had made no sense at all. The fate of the world was in their hands. Of course, even if the 'good guys' no longer trusted them, if the world was in jeopardy Angel would have asked, and Buffy and company would have come... because the world matters. The mission matters. They didn't have a witch to even the odds. That makes no sense at all. They knew witches. They even knew other people from previous seasons... Something that bad? There would bound to be portents, even if Angel and co didn't call for aid.

Even an evil git like Ethan Rayne would probably have helped them try to save the world... just for self preservation. Most demons don't want to die. Most bad people don't want to die. When the rubber hits the road, people team up with anyone who will aid survival. AI alone against the world is just poor imagining... Where is the US military? The Canadian military? The EU? The UN. It's the end of the world as we know it, the powers that be, and the powers of every government on the planet would be activating if evil creatures started falling from the sky. Two vampires, a broken down god, and a dying human? Versus the hordes of hell? I guess they wanted the world to burn.

W

WillowFromBuffy

You're right but that moment is not enough for me. You don't ''cure'' depression with one moment. Actually all of Buffy's family (scoobies ) should have helped her get thought depression. But Dawn even more.
There are many others. Forever, Gone, Dead Things, Lesson, etc. Dawn is Buffy anchor, but Buffy resists her, because she does not want to engage with her feelings.

Top Bottom