• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

WhatdBuffyDo's Edits | Hmmngbrd PS

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
Hi!
I started using photoshop eight years ago however I haven't been doing much since 2016. So here are two signatures I designed today. I am a bit sloppy, especially for the text part. I couldn't even come up with a proper spot to place some text on the first signature.
I hope to gain my creativity back as I design more edits. ๐Ÿ˜‡

For this signature,
I used a texture by @amidnighteaparty
I used PSD #04 by @conexaosasusaku

For this signature,
I used a texture by @glsd546
I used a psd by @Picanta
Also there is a flower png in this, however since I downloaded it years ago, I don't remember where I took it from.๐Ÿ˜•

Footnote: I have been using "hmmngbrdps" (Hummingbird Photoshop) as a photoshop nick for years now. I also have a deviantart account where I shared some of my previous works.

BrendanT
BrendanT
These are stunning! The blending of the images is fantastic. I also adore the textures and the execution of the stock imagery. Beautiful and I can't wait to see more!!!!! <3 :)

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
@BrendanT: Thanks a lot, I am very happy that you like them! ๐Ÿ™Œ Your comment motivated me to try something different today.๐Ÿ˜„ This time I tried to expose Buffy to a stock image but couldn't bear long enough to come up with an original color scheme, so here we go:

For this signature,
I used this psd.
I used this photograph.

Nix

๐Ÿคช
Sineya
Love the art, nice colouring. Just a side note though there are some rules for what you can use in your signature here.... it doesn't stop you from showing off other art sizes and there is a thread for other shows/films here

I play about in photoshop elements but I don't do it enough these days to improve very much!! But, I do love watching other peoples styles evolve and change over the years... Happy arting :)

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Oh I thought I read rules pages well but turns out I didn't ^^" I missed the signature size rule, now I see it, so thank you for pointing it out! :)
Also, happy to meet another fellow graphics-maker, I will visit your page as soon as possible! ^.^

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
With the new year, a new work arrives! Happy new year everyone! ๐Ÿคถ

I used this psd.
Screencaps are from this website.
I used these stock photographs: [1][2][3]
Actually I wanted to edit this post but I couldn't see the button?๐Ÿค•
I saw some wasted potential in this piece so I modified it a little. Also, I have learned a lesson which is to wait for a day or two before uploading your work in case you gain another perspective to present it in a different way.๐Ÿ˜œ
Okay, new version:

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
I started out wanting to do a piece with one of Willow's hat episodes. I chose Inca Mummy Girl.
But as I used the moon imagery, I thought I could turn it into something else.
I imagined like somehow, Tara had sensed Willow's energy -without knowing what exactly it was that she sensed- even before they met and maybe even before Willow starts practicing witchcraft. Obviously this is a fantasy but this is the idea my work revolved around after that point. ๐Ÿ˜œ
Two lines from "Sister of the Moon" sounded appropriate for the occasion.
Sadly, scaling just messed up the whole work. ๐Ÿ˜ช That's why I suggest you to check the original size I put in the spoiler below. ๐Ÿง

Here we go!

Screencaps are from: [1] [2]
Lyrics are from Sisters of the Moon by Fleetwood Mac
I used these stock photographs: [1] [2]
I used two textures each from these packs: [1] [2]
I used a brush from this set: [1]

Original size:

Last edited:

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
Hey guys! I need your help. ๐Ÿ˜„
I am stuck with this piece creatively. I would be very happy if you can share your beautiful ideas to turn the layout of this signature into something better. I am open to any suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Since this is not the final version, I am not adding credits yet. Once I finish with retouches, I will add both the final version and its credits.

Original size:

Also, this is the updated scaled version of my previous work:

Thanks in advance! ๐Ÿ˜‰

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
I am still stuck with Tara and Willow signature but I made another one for Cordelia!
I like her fashion style in second season and she looks amazing in red. ๐Ÿ˜

Screencaps are from this website.
I used these stock photographs: [1][2]
I used these psd colorings: [1][2][3][4]
I used two textures each from these packs: [1][2]

Original size:

Priceless

Scooby
Hey guys! I need your help. ๐Ÿ˜„
I am stuck with this piece creatively. I would be very happy if you can share your beautiful ideas to turn the layout of this signature into something better. I am open to any suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I really love your banners, you are very talented. I don't know if this will be helpful or not, as I'm not a creative person at all, it's just my thoughts, but I prefer it when you cut the faces out, rather than have them as shapes, if that makes sense?

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Thank you! You said something I needed to hear from outside since I wasn't bringing myself around it even if I knew it. I need to go some steps back and continue from there, because apparently current visual doesn't work. Thanks for being my fuel :D
Top Bottom