• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

WhatdBuffyDo's Edits | Hmmngbrd PS

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
Hi!
I started using photoshop eight years ago however I haven't been doing much since 2016. So here are two signatures I designed today. I am a bit sloppy, especially for the text part. I couldn't even come up with a proper spot to place some text on the first signature.
I hope to gain my creativity back as I design more edits. πŸ˜‡

For this signature,
I used a texture by @amidnighteaparty
I used PSD #04 by @conexaosasusaku

For this signature,
I used a texture by @glsd546
I used a psd by @Picanta
Also there is a flower png in this, however since I downloaded it years ago, I don't remember where I took it from.πŸ˜•

Footnote: I have been using "hmmngbrdps" (Hummingbird Photoshop) as a photoshop nick for years now. I also have a deviantart account where I shared some of my previous works.

BrendanT
BrendanT
These are stunning! The blending of the images is fantastic. I also adore the textures and the execution of the stock imagery. Beautiful and I can't wait to see more!!!!! <3 :)

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
@BrendanT: Thanks a lot, I am very happy that you like them! πŸ™Œ Your comment motivated me to try something different today.πŸ˜„ This time I tried to expose Buffy to a stock image but couldn't bear long enough to come up with an original color scheme, so here we go:

For this signature,
I used this psd.
I used this photograph.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Love the art, nice colouring. Just a side note though there are some rules for what you can use in your signature here.... it doesn't stop you from showing off other art sizes and there is a thread for other shows/films here

I play about in photoshop elements but I don't do it enough these days to improve very much!! But, I do love watching other peoples styles evolve and change over the years... Happy arting :)

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Oh I thought I read rules pages well but turns out I didn't ^^" I missed the signature size rule, now I see it, so thank you for pointing it out! :)
Also, happy to meet another fellow graphics-maker, I will visit your page as soon as possible! ^.^

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
With the new year, a new work arrives! Happy new year everyone! 🀢

I used this psd.
Screencaps are from this website.
I used these stock photographs: [1][2][3]
Actually I wanted to edit this post but I couldn't see the button?πŸ€•
I saw some wasted potential in this piece so I modified it a little. Also, I have learned a lesson which is to wait for a day or two before uploading your work in case you gain another perspective to present it in a different way.😜
Okay, new version:

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
I started out wanting to do a piece with one of Willow's hat episodes. I chose Inca Mummy Girl.
But as I used the moon imagery, I thought I could turn it into something else.
I imagined like somehow, Tara had sensed Willow's energy -without knowing what exactly it was that she sensed- even before they met and maybe even before Willow starts practicing witchcraft. Obviously this is a fantasy but this is the idea my work revolved around after that point. 😜
Two lines from "Sister of the Moon" sounded appropriate for the occasion.
Sadly, scaling just messed up the whole work. πŸ˜ͺ That's why I suggest you to check the original size I put in the spoiler below. 🧐

Here we go!

Screencaps are from: [1] [2]
Lyrics are from Sisters of the Moon by Fleetwood Mac
I used these stock photographs: [1] [2]
I used two textures each from these packs: [1] [2]
I used a brush from this set: [1]

Original size:

Last edited:

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
Hey guys! I need your help. πŸ˜„
I am stuck with this piece creatively. I would be very happy if you can share your beautiful ideas to turn the layout of this signature into something better. I am open to any suggestions. πŸ˜ƒ

Since this is not the final version, I am not adding credits yet. Once I finish with retouches, I will add both the final version and its credits.

Original size:

Also, this is the updated scaled version of my previous work:

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜‰

Priceless

Scooby
Hey guys! I need your help. πŸ˜„
I am stuck with this piece creatively. I would be very happy if you can share your beautiful ideas to turn the layout of this signature into something better. I am open to any suggestions. πŸ˜ƒ
I really love your banners, you are very talented. I don't know if this will be helpful or not, as I'm not a creative person at all, it's just my thoughts, but I prefer it when you cut the faces out, rather than have them as shapes, if that makes sense?

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Thank you! You said something I needed to hear from outside since I wasn't bringing myself around it even if I knew it. I need to go some steps back and continue from there, because apparently current visual doesn't work. Thanks for being my fuel :D

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
I am still stuck with Tara and Willow signature but I made another one for Cordelia!
I like her fashion style in second season and she looks amazing in red. 😍

I used these stock photographs: [1][2]
I used these psd colorings: [1][2][3][4]
I used two textures each from these packs: [1][2]

Original size:

I love this so much... the texture/colouring/pictures/fonts everything works so well together, nice work. :)
I'd love to see what you could do with Faith/Eliza art combos.... (Banners and avatars)... not that I'm a Faith fan or a fan of your work at all ;) lol jokes...fan of both!

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
I am glad you do like it! πŸ₯³ I have been meaning to do a Faith banner but couldn't find the "just rightscreencaps till now, but I'm certainly on it! 😼 And lol πŸ˜„

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
Sorry I accidentally sent the comment while making the last edits and could neither edit nor delete it. πŸ˜ƒ It should've been: "... 'just right' screencaps till..."

While continuing my searches for good screencaps, I made a banner for Miss Jenny Calendar!
Caps are from the episode where all women in Sunnydale get supernaturally infatuated with Xander. πŸ˜„

+

I used these stock photographs: [1][2]
I used these psd colorings: [1][2]
I used two textures from each of these packs: [1][2]

Original size:

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Sorry I accidentally sent the comment while making the last edits and could neither edit nor delete it. πŸ˜ƒ It should've been: "... 'just right' screencaps till..."
That's ok :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with. My fav colours are black, greys and pinks by the way but we shall see what divine inspiration you get, can't wait hehe.

whatdBuffyDo

Townie
That's ok :)
Here comes the Faith banner! πŸ˜„ This one took me hours but I am happy with the end product. πŸ˜‚ Hope you like it too!
Caps are from the episode where Faith and Buffy meet in a dream for the first time while Faith is in coma.

I used this stock photograph.
I used a texture from this pack.

Original size:

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Here comes the Faith banner! πŸ˜„ This one took me hours but I am happy with the end product. πŸ˜‚ Hope you like it too!
Caps are from the episode where Faith and Buffy meet in a dream for the first time while Faith is in coma.

I used this stock photograph.
I used a texture from this pack.

Original size:

OMG I love it thanks hun... don't suppose I could use it and have an avatar to match?? Begging face πŸ€ͺ

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Oh my that’s my pleasure. πŸ₯³ I will make an avatar tomorrow! 😊
Top Bottom