• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Whatever Happened to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
Wow, there's a blast from the past! Welcome back Primal!

I don't suppose when we changed board software it fixed your join date?
I don't think it did, but it's been so long now lol. It's great to see a lot of familiar faces still around.

Coming back here really puts me in the mood to do a rewatch!

drlloyd11

Townie
Hi all,
About 4 years I got in the nostalgic mood. I found that the board I used to frequent (The Kittenboard) was still a going concern with new members and all. I volunteered to recover all the old messages and clean up
the broken posts with a script and it looks nice now. I also started seeking out all the old spoiler people..
Here is a link The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe • View topic - The history of the Kitten
Not quite done with the history yet, tons of interviews and writing but afraid to let go of it and put it up.

Sineya
*blinks*

Whaddaya know.... It has been awhile. Oh hai!

The real life thing is a pain, gone are the days I sat in a tiny room with a ceiling bed in Glasgow and drank beer with likes of Bluebird and Lurker and I would pretend I knew what I was doing with photoshop.

Now it's work and paying rent and saving to buy a house and annoying poor OkkaQuokka with daily tidbits and banter. And every so often geeking out at Supanova and converting Mr Insane into the realms of Buffy while I let him try to convince me Stargate Universe was good

ItMustBeBunnies
ItMustBeBunnies
Kasssssssss ;)
Nix
Nix
Hey hun....*runs and glomps* lol
PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
SQUEEEE!!!!!

AngelGirlie

Townie
Well... A lot has changed since I've been away. I'm now 27. o_O I decided not to go to the college I was going to. Not only was it too far from family but I decided not to go into education but rather into health care. Worked a lot. Met my fiancee, now have a 3yr old, went back to school for my CNA license and got a better job. :) I love the work I do now and am so glad that I went the path I did. It may have taken me a little longer to realize what I wanted to do...but I'm finally there. :) May return to school to work towards getting my LPN license (when my son goes to school, of course)...

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Nothing wrong with taking some time to figure out what career to choose. :-)

Sweetescape

Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet.
Funnily enough i've just finished a Buffy rewatch and I've moved on the Angel last week. Ended up by random living with a fellow fan.

Planning on going to the Glasgow comic con to see Spike (hopefully with Bluebird! :D) this summer.

I'm not really on any fourms anymore, you're most likely to catch me on fb,twitter and insta these days!

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Sweet to see that you're dropping by, too. Do you know how our horsy friend down under is doing?

Tueuse de Vampires

Love will tear us apart..
Wow it's been so long. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I also went under a lot of other names such as 'Social Suicide', 'Cangel' and 'Kristine'. Maybe some more, I don't remember. Also couldn't quite remember when I was last posting here and apparently that was around spring 2014. I do know my heydays here were my last year of high school and early college time (around 2008-2010) so I'm gonna take it from there.

Finishes my Bachelors, followed up directly with my Master's degree (both in the Netherlands), moved to Berlin and did an internship in HR in a start-up company. Kinda got hooked on that, so I've been doing HR in various start-ups ever since. Since I came to Berlin 3 years ago I had an altogether amazing time (though with many turbulent ups and downs). 2015 was and will probably always remain the best year of my life.

Right now, basically since early 2016, I've been sort of on a low point. It was just announced that our company has to restructure, so the majority of people (including the management and also me) got fired. It's a tough time, as we were all much more than just colleagues and had the most intense year together, I can't even put it in words. But that's life.

I guess the reason I stopped posting here (next to time management issues) is that I've become a completely different person over the last few years. Although I still always say I have a nerdy side, I don't really get into watching series anymore, I don't do messaging boards or chat rooms and in general I am a lot more focused on the outside world.

Tome
Tome
I remember Kristine.
Washburne
Washburne
The people being around at the time should remember you. Even me with a lousy memory.
Sweetescape
Sweetescape
[No message]
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
You were one damn good egg miss xoxo

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh wow, so many old faces, it is good to see people back and posting. There are not many forums from back in the day that are still active so to see friendships still going is great to see.

Kemy

Annoyed Enby
Well, I left the site early in 2009 when I reunited with a highschool sweetheart and over the course of that year got engaged. It was also that year that I was finally diagnosed with several mental health disorders which have being going on since...forever. Everything fell apart and...that's kind of been it since, become a hermit with no direction or oppertunities in life, stuck with parents who sabotage everything about...me. *shrugs*

Nix
Nix
Hey Kemy :)
Washburne
Washburne
Hope it gets better.
Doppelgang
Doppelgang
I have been there Kemy, all the best getting through it

Rack

Potential
Hello everybody, I've been away for ages (4 years!?!) Got married and became a dad to an awesome beautiful baby boy named Gabriel Coltrane. Still a musician in New Orleans. Still love the Whedonverse with all my heart. Thanks for keeping the flame alive.

New Orleans R&B (from the 50's, with some really great old guys), trad jazz, blues, original stuff...

brinkster130
brinkster130
What kind of music?

Doppelgang

Always Believe
It is interesting to hear people's stories of what they have been up to and how many peoples lives have changed so much over a few years. I suppose I should give a bit more specifics about myself. One thing I do often with my online time these days is chatting on a philosophy site at www.healthfulchat.org , its a good place for chatting for people with anxiety issues and depression issues and such like, as it is run by thoughtful and helpful people, and has good moderators keeping the chat under control, so I would recommend it to anyone with some of those concerns.

As far as real life goes, I live in my own flat again now, as opposed to living in a shared accommodation, and it is good to have that freedom. Trying to gradually become a more independent person on all the levels, emotional, financial, etc. But at the same time trying to keep myself open to possibilities of friendships and connections with others

Flannen

Flannix
Well all these familiar names have brought a smile to my face - each one was like a little wave! Hey everyone!

It's been a few years since I last graced these boards but boy, were they good times! Love the reunion idea - clearly still got a great staff group on here.

Much like everyone else, I've just been busy with work and being a grown up. I'm getting married in 5 months - eek! - and will be heading across the pond for our honeymoon which is super exciting.

Great to see messages from everyone!

Sweetescape
Sweetescape
I remember you! :)
Friendly Lurker
Friendly Lurker
Congrats!
HisMrs
HisMrs
Heyyyy, Flancakes! :D
Faith
Faith
Yay contrats on the wedding xx
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Flannen!

Flannen

Flannix
OMG Flanniepie's back! Woo hoo! That totally made my day :D Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Ahh, you are too kind! So good to see everyone again. I've missed this place! Thank you - very exciting! As are our honeymoon plans - I might be hitting you up for some hints and tips for all things USA in the next few months :)

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Happy to help!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
HOLY COW! Flannders!

Where you going for honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom