• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

What's a show or movie you used to love but upon rewatching you don't love it anymore

Twinkie

Townie
I went back to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D rabbit hole and I just realised I don't love it anymore. I could go into detail on why I fell out of love with it but it would be a long thread. I am just curious what's your guys?

Cohen

Hellhound
I went back to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D rabbit hole and I just realised I don't love it anymore. I could go into detail on why I fell out of love with it but it would be a long thread. I am just curious what's your guys?
I loved the first 2 seasons, but the third lost me and haven’t been able to go back

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
A few years ago I bought a box set of all six seasons of Dawson's Creek, one of the main shows I had grown up on; I couldn't even make it to episode three. It was just sooo bad; so cheesy, such bad acting, and it hurt. Sometimes, you should just stay away. I wish it hadn't been ruined for me like that.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
A few years ago I bought a box set of all six seasons of Dawson's Creek, one of the main shows I had grown up on; I couldn't even make it to episode three. It was just sooo bad; so cheesy, such bad acting, and it hurt. Sometimes, you should just stay away. I wish it hadn't been ruined for me like that.
I have the boxset too, and haven't watched it just incase it wasn't as good as I remembered

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Can't think of anything I loved being ruined on a rewatch. However The Mask and Labyrinth are films my partner and I enjoyed as kids that aren't enjoyable for adults. Makes sense for kids stuff in general but had the feeling these are meant to be family friendly.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Rugrats and Spongebob, all of the hidden jokes that go right over children's heads gives me pain and leaves me like "how was I allowed to watch this when I was 6 ?"

Glee, I used to be a hardcore Gleek and now I can't watch an episode in full without getting all sad because of all the deaths surrounding it (this is especially true since Naya Rivera died).

Kratos
Kratos
Agree about Rugrats.

whatdBuffyDo

Scooby
Sineya
I don't seem to love movies like Amelie, The Royal Tenenbaums and Harold and Maude the same way I did before. 😕

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
The Smurfs movie, it used to be one of my favourites to watch on a Saturday but I couldn't get through it now.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bleat at me no longer, we are done.
Black Thorn
The original Roswell. Used to LOVE it, and the only character I hated was Tess...but now, EVERYBODY gets on my nerves. 😅 Especially Liz! Oh my God. She's like a talking dishrag...so boring and whiny.

Cohen
Cohen
I tried rewatching recently and feel similar!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I did like to re-watch the series of Lucifer but it gets more like the directors wanted Lucifer Morningstar to be viewed as an idiot. Spoiling the series for me, and the interaction between Lucifer and Beatrice (Trixie tee hee) What crap the police do on that show the director must hate them.
Add to that the TV series
Witches of East End.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Mostly Dragon Ball Z, only the filler moments though, during the end of the Freeza arc & some others that extends the anime too much.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
I loved Quantum Leap as a kid and tried to rewatch it last year but was a bit disappointed. It wasn't awful - the concept is interesting, the chemistry between Sam and Al is still the best thing about it and some of the social issue episodes are quite moving - but overall it hasnt aged well. There are loads of plot holes, it is often as subtle as a brick, the episodes vary a lot in quality, and with 22 episodes a season and only 2 recurring characters it can feel repetitive, lacking in emotional depth and a bit dull at times

And Back to the Future 2 is trying way too hard and doesnt have the charm of the first one

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
The Harry Potter films: Tried re-watching them but the main three kids acting is distressingly bad, gave up after the 3rd one (which happened to be my favorite) because they just weren't an enjoyable experience. I understand the appeal for kids, getting immersed in the world and following their collective journey, but adults? Not so much.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The Harry Potter films: Tried re-watching them but the main three kids acting is distressingly bad, gave up after the 3rd one (which happened to be my favorite) because they just weren't an enjoyable experience. I understand the appeal for kids, getting immersed in the world and following their collective journey, but adults? Not so much.
Yeah the acting is pretty bad, I do tend to have it on more and more in the background rather than actually watching them

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
First 2/3 Harry Potter films are brutal for the child acting. Definitely improves as it goes along.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I loved Little House on the Prairie as a kid. I watched a few episodes some years ago, expecting them to be corny, but did it for nostalgia. What I didn't expect was how utterly maudlin they were. Every episode seemed to end in tear-jerking sentimentality, and I had absolutely no memory of that seeming true when I was a kid. Guess it went over my little head!

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
The original Cagney and Lacey. I got the full series as a gift a couple of Christmases ago and watched it once. I had loved the show when it first aired and now can’t watch it. I thought that I would love it just the same as I did; but I didn’t. I can’t really put my finger on why. I haven’t seen the Harry Potter movies in years. When the books came out I couldn’t read them but could watch the movies and now I can’t.

Dogs of Winter
Dogs of Winter
C + L was the first adult show I ever watched along with Hill St Blues. I keep meaning to give them a rewatch one day, but a lot of dramas from that time dont seem to age very well
Top Bottom