1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What's up with the jump cuts in Heartthrob?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by JCoatsworth, Jan 23, 2014.

1. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Hi guys!

I was watching the episode Heartthrob yesterday and I noticed weird little jump cuts in some of this episode's fight scenes. They're really blink-and-you'll-miss-it. I was quite tired while watching it, and at first I thought it was just my imagination, but they're there.
    It's especially noticeable in the scene where James shows up at the hotel and fights Angel.

I don't think I noticed them when first watching the episode. It might be purely stylistic, or, because it's a TV show, they tried to fit as much material as they could in one episode, and used the cuts to trim down the action sequences without actually reducing anything of what's happening.
    Any other ideas why they're there? Are there cuts like these in other episodes as well?

2. ILLYRIAN

ILLYRIAN Druish Pervonian Wizard

Black Thorn
    There was mention of the BBC making a 'softer' version of Buffy that didn't have much of the violent scenes in it. That was when the show was initially being aired.

3. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    I have the UK version of the series, so that's definitely an option! I didn't even consider that it might be actual censorship. Thanks!

To all of you who don't own the UK version, are there jump cuts in your version as well?

4. Tez

Tez Townie

I noticed it only in the fight were he kills Elizabeth I think it's because the rest of the fight wasn't really that important to the story just the part were he recognised the locket after he staked her that's my theory anyway