• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

When did you become a Bangel fan?

Ceadsearc03

Townie
I think the title says it all.

For me, the first episode I ever saw was Anne (as it aired) and even the tiny clip of them (and the “previously on” scene) intrigued me, but I think when Buffy left the Claddagh and it resulted in Angel coming back was when I was like, “this must be special.” (And then by Revelations it was just allllll over for me. Never looked back!)

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
I've loved Bangel from the get go. I was in middle/high school when the show was first airing. My love for Bangel was a bit different back then though, as it was more about my crush on David Boreanaz, and my idolization of Buffy. 😂

Now, as an adult, I adore Bangel even more because I see the depth of emotion in their relationship that was lost on me before. They are truly my all time favorite tv romance.

Ceadsearc03

Townie
I've loved Bangel from the get go. I was in middle/high school when the show was first airing. My love for Bangel was a bit different back then though, as it was more about my crush on David Boreanaz, and my idolization of Buffy. 😂

Now, as an adult, I adore Bangel even more because I see the depth of emotion in their relationship that was lost on me before. They are truly my all time favorite tv romance.
Oh, 14 year old me DEFINITELY appreciated D.B. being a major hottie. And the chemistry!

I also agree on the depth of the emotion though. I’m in the middle of re-watching the series straight through (for the first time since it aired - I’ve rewatched but never straight through start to finish) & I wasn’t sure if I’d love them more/less/the same, but it is definitely more.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangelite
I started watching BTS on FX during a Thanksgiving weekend marathon. I am pretty sure that the first episode I saw was Surprise. I was hooked and I was into Bangel right away. I watched my recorded episodes until I collected the DVDs. I found out all about the show and characters and kept watching. After Buffy ended I followed David Boreanaz to Angel and Bones. I guess I didn't watch it in 1997 because I wasn't into that kind of show then. I always wished I had watched it from the beginning;if I had I would have loved it.

r2dh2
r2dh2
DB is really good looking. I have trouble seeing him as Angel because I watched Bones before BtVS.

BuffyBot22

Scooby
So I watched BtVS for the first time 4 years ago. The episode Angel is when I knew I shipped Bangel.
I was just like wow these two people are so similar yet so different. They are both all alone in this world with Buffy being this young woman with the weight of the world on her shoulders as a slayer and Angel being this mixture of man & vampire feeling the pain he caused on others for centuries. When Buffy didn't shoot the arrow through his heart like she could have, I knew in that moment she realized that there was good in him that existed. And after that I was a major sucker for them

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
It was a Saturday evening in 1997 or 1998 and I was flicking through the channels and literally came across BVTS on Sky tv as it was starting or just about to start.

Now I really love my American tv shows so was definitely intrigued about the show plus I had watch the original film version as I was a fan of Luke Perry (RIP) because of loving BH 90210 and being Team Brenda and Dylan.

It felt quite different in the feel of the tv show compare to the film. But I like that it was a little darker in the tone and a bit more serious but that was a lot to do with the actors and how they were portraying their roles.

So it gets to the part where Buffy is walking on her own in the dark and gets a feeling that someone is following her (and so it begins where Buffy just develops that instinct of knowing Angel is around even if she can't always see him in that particular moment) and she hurries into an alley(?) to manoeuvre herself in to position to strike at the person following her.

And low and behold but it the FIRST soulled vampire himself. Angel.
They talk and there is that instant spark and chemistry between them and I was 'Oh Yes, I like these two already and I want to see more'.

So it was a case for me of love at first sight! I was invested with the one conversation that they had in the first episode and I was always thirsty for more.

When I recently re-watch the first series of Buffy, I was surprised to see that Angel didn't appear as much in it as I thought and yet I love BAngel as a coupling by the end of the first series. The second series just solidify my deep love for them.

I can look back at that time on my first watch of BVTS and did not imagine how not only would I still get such great pleasure from going back to watch It again and again but also that I would be on a Buffy board talking with others about our enjoyment of it. What an incredibly special tv show it turn out to be.. 🤩😎

Ceadsearc03
Ceadsearc03
I love this post! And I agree. Here I am 20+ years later and I still love the show and still talk about it etc etc!
Top Bottom