• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Where has my thread gone?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I wrote a thread called Who is who which I put in the Bronze, it has since been relocated in the cemetery by someone, err why?

Just asking, was there something wrong with it?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I wrote a thread called Who is who which I put in the Bronze, it has since been relocated in the cemetery by someone, err why?

Just asking, was there something wrong with it?
I would assume because it's "groupish" and violates the boards rules about cliques.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I moved it to the cemetery, because it can make members feel left out if it's the same members that are getting named.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bring us Lestat!
Black Thorn
There was only ONE reply that named names and it was mine. I put a lot of effort into that post...what an astounding WASTE of time. Something here doesn't feel quite right.

I'm going to just leave it at that. For the moment.

Last edited:

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's worth mentioning that it's not the first time such a thread has existed, nor is it the first time such a thread has been removed.....

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I started the thread stating this type of thread has existed before and that it was fun.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
In order to do as wished why not have the Staff Members or any group to operate for the benefit of Buffy-Boards. That type of thread could be run as the site (B-B.com) might prefer rather than accept it might be a problem?

The benefit is that this site can start to be better than it was.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bring us Lestat!
Black Thorn
For the record, I made sure to include two brand new members in my reply to that thread. But I'm not going to go on and on about this, because it might be considered disruptive.

I understand that staff has the final say in matters pertaining to the board. I've expressed my opinions on this matter, and I'm done now.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
For the record, I made sure to include two brand new members in my reply to that thread. But I'm not going to go on and on about this, because it might be considered disruptive.

I understand that staff has the final say in matters pertaining to the board. I've expressed my opinions on this matter, and I'm done now.

But what would be the cumulative effect if people kept posting in the thread? One post from one member isn’t the problem, it is a wider pattern expressed by a larger group. This got closed before it could get to that.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bring us Lestat!
Black Thorn
But what would be the cumulative effect if people kept posting in the thread? One post from one member isn’t the problem, it is a wider pattern expressed by a larger group. This got closed before it could get to that.

Ah, good point. I've had time to mull this over, and I think I get what you're saying here.

Perhaps the thread would've started out in good humour, but after several posts from different people, it may also have evolved into misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and finally, intentional insults.

Is that what you meant? 😊

Taake
Taake
Yes :)

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
A thread like that will never cover everyone. Some people find being omitted, intentionally or otherwise, quite upsetting. I think precedent was set a while back that the potential fun of these type of threads isn't worth the upset/aggro.

Top Bottom