• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Which character of the opposite sex would you be?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

We often discuss which character we identify the most with and I was curious which character from the opposite sex from yours do you identify with?

I would have to go with Angel because I am quite moody and broody by nature. I am more social then he is in general but you have to get to know me to really know my true personnality. Also, I love to puch bad people in the face!

What about you?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Punch people in the face? 😂 *hides under bed*

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn

thrasherpix

Scooby
Probably Giles, for very similar reasons that Jenny is the "closest" to me for a mix of smarts, inventiveness, courage, deadpan humor (though I can get sillier than Xander at times, but usually only around those I know who can handle it), and both having a conscience yet able to overrule it (for reasons both good and bad). Who knows, when I get older I might be even more like him. Like Giles (and almost certainly Jenny), I have a shady past that would shock many who know me today.

And like Giles, I do love the smell of books (and I have a special fondness for antiques and such--and I can be trolled as Giles was when Jenny joked about folding the pages of an antique book to Giles), but I'm also very comfortable using the net (though I avoid things like twitter as time wasters that do more harm than good for those on them), and I keep wanting certain relatives to get a computer so that we can finally do videochats.

But again, if I found myself in the body of any character, they'd know something was wrong.

LilyAnne
LilyAnne
I adore Giles' speech in "I, Robot..." too

LilyAnne

I do doodle. You too, you do doodle too.
Definitely Angel. Even that BuzzFeed quiz told me that I am a combination of Tara and Angel, and I think that's about right. I can hardly compare myself to him heroically, but I can relate to his broody tendencies, his awkwardness, his stubbornness, his loyalty, and his secret silly side. :cool:

56D7918F-4FF1-4D87-B969-C4275A2AEF83.gif

Antho
Antho
Same
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Can everyone just notice how much fire I'm not on?

sosa lola

Scooby
I'm torn between Xander and Oz. Playing guitar would be awesome, but being able to fix my own home and build beautiful things would also be cool. On the other hand, having to dye my hair every other month would get old so fast. But also having one eye when I love reading so much would suck as well.

Still torn.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
Angel, no doubt. He's always been my #1 identification figure on the shows, regardless of gender!

I can also see bits of myself in Buffy, Fred and Wesley, but Angel is easily the best identification figure for an Aspie who has struggled with low self-esteem, depression, self-doubt, introversion, social anxiety, self-isolation, being stuck in the past, inability to read social cues, making connections, a suicide attempt, pessimism/realism and constant fear that one has done something wrong, has failed or isn't good enough. However, at the same time, he's also an inspirational figure for a person who has had such struggles, because he's always shown trying to get back up again after falling down, trying to make connections despite feeling he's going to lose all of them and still having hope.

I also heavily relate to his love of languages, travel and history, which are major interests we share. One of my biggest draws to immortals in fiction has always been the living history aspect.

I'm pretty much a walking textbook with legs of useless, specialized factoids who gets teased and mocked for it, so that part is also Wesley on top of the many traits he shares with Angel. Angel's memory is another similarly relatable trait.

And my relation to Fred is specifically the crazy Pylea version. Her speech in Fredless echoes my own experience almost eerily of being stuck in another country (Mexico, in my case--I was at a tough-love program, which was shut down for child abuse, called Casa by the Sea run by WWASP after being bullied so bad I had no self-esteem when my Asperger's was still undiagnosed) without being able to communicate with my parents for 10 months and then coming home to build myself another cave that only I could make the choice to come out of.

And I have a similar backstory to Buffy and Angel of losing all of my fake, so-called friends (in school) and becoming a social pariah. I also have a very girly side and a prematurely dead parent I felt guilty about not finding in time (my dad had a stroke on the staircase while I was asleep and died three days before my 30th birthday), so those are more things I have in common with Buffy. You can also now toss in utterly horrid events associated with a birthday.

Last edited:

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I would usually have said Xander or Faith anyway, so that sorts out both sexes. Also Gunn. Stubborn, angry characters who aren't all bad.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Spike (minus the robot and sr) -- slightly wild as a kid, now more chilled but still think I'm a kid and always fall for the wrong person...!!!

genghiskhan

God doesn't want you
Black Thorn
probably Spike to be honest without all the creepy sexual stuff.
I mean I have a similar style and music taste and I also act tough and scary but I'm actually a really caring person to the people I Iove.
I also get really obsessed with things, ideas and subjects (not exactly people, like Spike but close enough).

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Willow. More high school era Willow because of my introverted and awkward personality.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
probably Spike to be honest without all the creepy sexual stuff.
I mean I have a similar style and music taste and I also act tough and scary but I'm actually a really caring person to the people I Iove.
I also get really obsessed with things, ideas and subjects (not exactly people, like Spike but close enough).
LOL Ditto most of that minus one part! (LOL) Like I said above. (ish)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Creepy sexual stuff being your fondest hobby! 😜
Top Bottom