• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Which main character do you think is the best dressed?

gillianmorsee

Slayer
In my opinion, Buffy is best-dressed, followed closely by Willow (although only from Season 4 and up). In the earlier seasons, Willow typically wore a bit dorkier outfits :p Buffy tended to wear really cute 90s-esque outfits for the earlier seasons but later her fashion became less of a statement, but still cute nonetheless, which is why I chose her over Willow. As for the best-dressed guy, I'll have to go with Oz. He always just looked really chill and put-together.
What do you guys think?

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
Cordy, then Buffy, then maybe Joyce (I don't recall many cringeworthy outfits on her). Dawn generally looked ok except for that horrid Disney princess knock off gown in OMWF.

Riley and Giles for the guys. Neither was especially spiffy, but they generally didn't make me cover my eyes.

gillianmorsee

Slayer
Riley and Giles for the guys. Neither was especially spiffy, but they generally didn't make me cover my eyes.

Xander's shirts made me cover my eyes :p

images
54c859864f5947bfeb1cb45d85df3d4a.jpg
906de42601213ec7a7659bb06864ea41.jpg

YMItMJxEIVkSTok9cPu0qLTT2nvjtFaj9b6E4NKDN0o.jpg

Last edited:
Monkey Pants
Monkey Pants
I love Xander's shirts!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Anya was usually well dressed followed by Cordelia and Joyce. Giles was usually well-dressed as was Oz when he was dressed. Willow, Tara, Xander and Buffy looked like they were vying for a "worst dressed" award - I mean, seriously, wearing overalls to school? In "The Body", even Willow realizes that she doesn't dress like an adult. The mayor and Snyder always looked good. Faith always looked good, but she would have looked good in burlap. But Giles was the fashion plate of the core four.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
If "best dressed" = "makes me laugh very loud", then it's Willow, closely followed by Xander.

Priceless

Scooby
Cordy was best dressed. Everything looked good on her and she was allowed to wear skirts and dresses, whereas Buffy looked good, but usually in trousers and jeans

Giles was always a snappy dresser

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Watcher
Black Thorn
Giles always looked snappy #ilovetweed :D

But seriously, the 90s was not a good time for fashion. Buffy probably fared the best out of the core four Scoobies, but Cordelia was probably the best dresser, in a Cher-from-Clueless way.

Poor Xander. Did the wardrobe department dress him badly on purpose?!

Needless to say, the outfits did get better as the show progressed.

Cordelia and Oz. They either set the style or made their own- which is cooler.

Buffy's high school wardrobe in S2 was okay. Terrible in S3 (She was like Willow in S1- like Joyce dressed her. I have no words)
I always liked her hair/make-up better than her clothes choices.

Willow's got better as she got older. I actually liked her S7 style most of all. She wasn't too 'wicca' or anything.
Tara got better in S5.

I also liked Faith's wardrobe after she got some money- i.e when she was eeeevil! :D
But also when she was out of prison- denim jacket, tight t-shirts, jeans. Not flashy but she made it work.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
My favorite wardrobe of anyone is high school Willow. She looked SO cute and adorable and is the closest to how I dress. I'm going to rank it:
Willow 1-3 (SOOO cute!!! and retro)
Buffy 1-2 (very cute, retro and sexy. A tad scandalous)
Oz (too cool, as he is himself. I love his changing hair)
Fred ( so cute, especially with glasses!)
Faith (super sexy)
Willow 6 and 7 (very sexy)
Kennedy (sexy and practical)
Spike (70s sexy)
Buffy 4-5 (cute and trendy)
Cordelia btvs 1-3 (cute and classy)
Xander 1-3 (adorably retro)
Anya (cute and classy)

Willow 4-5 (no)
Cordelia Ats 3-4 (no)
Tara (Their loose flowing hippy witch grandma look is NOT my favorite)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think the Angel crew dress much better than the Buffy ones, but I like Giles in Band Candy, Oz is always dressed great too. Angelus and Faith too, Faith especially in late season 3 and in season 7.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Angel (with a few horrendous exceptions... key words: velvet or silky)
Spike (exception the blue shirt!) He had a style that suited him and he stuck to it. Gotta respect that! Besides, it looks good.

For the ladies I would say Anya and Lilah, but are they main characters? Either way, Anya and Lilah.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned either Angel or Riley. Black is always stylin' and from BtVS S3 he always looked good, and Riley managed to dress like a grownup when he was out of uniform.

Giles in Season 5.
Anya dresses well I guess, in S5 anyway.
I prefered Wiilow's cute as a button high school look to her more 'out-there' college years
Faith post-Prison

cryptwarmer
cryptwarmer
I gave Riley credit. He never wore anything unattractive that I can remember. Looked like Joe College nice guy which is a respectable look.

sosa lola

Scooby
Nothing is worse than Xander's ensambles in S4. His vomit-causing clothes were probably some metaphor for his directionless life. I have no clue how Anya agreed to be out with him in public.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Buffy was the best dressed overall I think. I think they went a bit too over the top with trying to make Xander and Willow dorky in the first few seasons.

Although Spike probably takes it for me. Badass and effective.

Top Bottom