• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Which Novels would of made great episodes?

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
The Lost Slayer series. I'm currently reading it and the writing is spot on. Every moment is tense and suspenseful and each plot has a twist. I really rec everyone to read this!

Here is the synopsis:
Buffy Summers's adjustment to life at U.C. Sunnydale has not gone smoothly. She feels awkward, insecure, and jealous that Willow's all over the college life. So when she is visited by a prophecy of impending danger, the timing couldn't be worse. There's plenty of evil afoot as it is: a unified troop of vampires has descended upon Sunnydale, and tension between Buffy and Willow gets in the way of demon hunting.

Before long, a single moment of bad judgment catapults Buffy into an alternate future dimension where vampires reign supreme. Imprisoned in the body of her 24-year-old-self -- and confronting friends and foes the likes of which she'd never imagined -- the Slayer must uncover her past misstep and correct it, or risk facing a terrifying monster that she herself has created....

Honestly if this had been season 4, the show would have been a hit!

Sineya
I reread these a while back....totally agree, it's got all the main characters in it, (Including Faith iirc) although some are slightly different to the usual

Tony head would have had a blast playing Giles in this ;)

matt124

Potential
Well the Lost Slayer could of replaced Beer Bad and Where the Wild Things Are and nobody would complain. LOL

But it would of made an awesome season 4.

I have plenty of other stories set in season 3 I like. That you can basically turn season 3 into two seasons. Like I actually wished we got a few more episodes inbetween Revelations and Lovers Walk where we have all the entire gang together. Before Cordelia and Xander break-up. How many stories, comics and games are always set between 3.07 and 3.08.

I really like The Book of Four and Child of the Hunt. We get to meet Willow, Xander and Cordelia's parents. I really would of loved to have seen this explored. Love these stories.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Wasn't there a novel that delved into the life of the slayer before Buffy; plus it gives more background on Kendra and Faith? Something about a recurring threat binding them all together.

That would've been awesome; stick it is S3 or 4- flashbacks galore!- and give some more hints about slayer lore.

Dammit, more rhyming.

matt124

Potential
Wasn't there a novel that delved into the life of the slayer before Buffy; plus it gives more background on Kendra and Faith? Something about a recurring threat binding them all together.

That would've been awesome; stick it is S3 or 4- flashbacks galore!- and give some more hints about slayer lore.

Dammit, more rhyming.
That would be The Book of Four novel that focused on all of that and the slayer lore. I really would of loved this novel to have been set in season 3 as a real episode.

I can't believe the show never did anything with the slayer who died before Buffy. Like that is pretty major that Buffy never wondered about her.

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
That would be The Book of Four novel that focused on all of that and the slayer lore. I really would of loved this novel to have been set in season 3 as a real episode.

I can't believe the show never did anything with the slayer who died before Buffy. Like that is pretty major that Buffy never wondered about her.
I am going to try to get my hands on this book! It sounds really neat!

matt124

Potential
I am going to try to get my hands on this book! It sounds really neat!
Awesome. Let us know what you think.

The novel introduced many family members of the scooby gang that we didn't see in the series, like Xander's Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. Willow and Cordelia's father and mother. I really appreciated them doing into the characters families.

A brief synopsis from The Book of Fours

Taking place during Buffy's third season, Faith and Buffy are the current Slayers and when mayhem caused by tidal waves and burning forests begin to erupt in Sunnydale as well as vicious attackers appearing with ceremonial axes, the gang knows that something is up. A woman named Cecile Lafitte has sent her Servants to kill the Slayers with special axes, Faith being the Slayer of Fire and Buffy being the Slayer of Air. Each Slayer has a special axe made to destroy the Slayer of that particular element. There are four axes in total; air, fire, water and earth. Should Faith and Buffy both be killed then it's believed that the line of Slayers would die out forever. Cecile wants to bring forth the Gatherer, and the only way to do so is to have the Slayers killed, which would feed the demon enough power to bring him forth into the world. Meanwhile, Willow ends up in the hospital with major brain trauma while Giles figures they need answers from the Watcher of the Slayer that preceded Buffy, India Cohen.

matt124

Potential
I always thought the Gatekeeper trilogy was one of the best Buffy stories published.....definitely worth reading!
I haven't read it in years, I barely remember the story. I need to re-read. I remember this trilogy was good.

So I am guessing this is one novel you would of loved to have seen made into a 2-part real episode?

Sineya
Would take some doing, what with all the 'Ghost roads' stuff going on & the Gatekeepers mansion.....but at least it wouldn't mess with the cannon timeline like 'The Lost Slayer' would.....

Top Bottom