• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Which three episodes would have to be your favorite for BTVS Season 2?

Your top three favorite episodes?

• Total voters

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I'm going to have to think about this one..... My favorite season deserves to have a lot of thought.

BaskingINBangel

I'm a little bit bison
I'm all over the place with this one, so many episodes that I really love, like Innocence, What's My Line Parts 1&2, IOHEFY, and Band Candy. And I love the entire Angelus arc so much. At the moment I think I'll go with...

Becoming Part 2
Passion
Halloween

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • School Hard - One of those rare episodes that make great use of every single character, even some minor ones like Snyder and Sheila, introduces an awesome new villain (or villains, since Dru) and has a fun setting with everyone stuck in the school, being hunted by vampires.
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered - It's fun, touching, and brings one of my favorite couples back together in a better way than before.
  • Passion - I mean...yeah.

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
Also my favourite series/season of BTVS and then it has my favourite finale, favourite 2 parter (Becoming pt 1 & 2 followed closely by my 2nd favourite Surprise/Innocence), favourite BTVS episode (again Becoming pt 2), favourite series/season arc, favourite villain (Angel/us).
Yeah my love for the 2nd series is endless...

Top three..
1) Becoming pt 2
2) Passion
3) Innocence

Runner ups.. IOHEFY, Surprise, Becoming pt 1, WML pt 1 & 2

1. Passion, because it broke me and I like that sorta thing ;)
2. Becoming part 2, probably not for the same reasons as most people because I was never that in to Bangel although it's still an amazing scene - mostly it is for the Spike and Buffy, Spike and Joyce, torture my favourite character why don't you, is my head big?
3. Dark Age, because I'm a sucker for dark pasts coming back to bite people in the arse, and, yeah, favourite character so... :)

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
1. Lie to Me because of the famous quote that defined the rest of the series. Also, Ford was an underused sympathetic villain.
2. Passion was painful to watch, the ending. Same reason as Rachael why this lands on my favorite. Also see my custom title.
3. Becoming Part 2 because of the same reason as most people, Bangel, and also how heartbreaking the ending is (see my custom title again), and also because Buffy finally embraces what a Slayer's strength really means, and not just her physicality but also her willpower to endure the nightmares to come. She still has a long way to go before Restless in season 4, but this was the start of her maturity.

Also, did I mention that ending? lol Seriously, "Close Your Eyes" just never sounded the same again after this episode, both the soundtrack and the phrase. There are better episodes down the road that better define Bangel's tragedy since Buffy was only forced to kill Angel because the fate of the entire world was on the line, but this episode was probably the most heartbreaking Bangel episode of all that poignantly describes the fate of a hero in the Whedonverse. Happiness is hard to come by.

"People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy."
- Joss Whedon

Honestly, there's so much to unpack about Becoming Part 2 that I regret not joining the site earlier while I was watching the episode. I would've had a lot to talk about.

Honorable mentions go to "What's My Line", both parts (but particularly part 2), simply because of my love for Kendra. Killed By Death deserves a mention too for having one of the scariest Buffy villains prior to Hush.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
That's pretty tough, there's some really good eps in season 2, particularly the back half, but I went with;
  • Halloween ( I watch this episode almost every year for Halloween, and sometimes just for fun. I love this episode.)
  • Passion (I think is one of the best episodes of the show.)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (Great episode, emotions everywhere, I love it!)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Innocence - How do you react when you know something you have done has caused harm to other people?

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered - Great fun and a good representation of a glamour gone wrong.

I Only Have Eyes for You - Haunting (literally) and a lesson for Buffy that having no compassion may make you into a monster and an ingenious twist on the original story in that when Angel went over the railing, he could not die, so they managed to end the curse.

Top Bottom