• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Which three episodes would have to be your favorite for BTVS Season 3?

Your top three favorite episodes?

• Total voters

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Mines would have to be Band Candy, The Prom, and Helpless. Helpless because it strengthens Buffy&Giles's relationship and causes Buffy to grow up a bit. It shows that even without her slayer strength, she still has that power in her mind. It's growth for Giles as well. Band Candy because of how funny it was. We finally got to see a version of Snyder that gets along with the Scooby Gang. I must wonder if there's some part of him that denies that part of himself. The roles between parent and child are reversed. Ethan Rayne is a hoot. The Prom because it shows that Buffy and Angel will always love each other even if they have to stay apart. It was nice to see everyone dressing up for a change. Willow should have dressed up like that a little bit more than just her overalls and Tweety Bird like shoes. Buffy getting recognized as the class protector was well deserved for her. I find it sweet that Xander bought Cordelia her dream prom dress even though I wanted him to help her beyond that.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • Helpless - It really shows us the Buffy/Giles relationship and how far they've come since they first met, we finally get to meet the Council behind Giles, we see Buffy powerless and her response to it after nearly three seasons of her wanting to be normal, and Kralik is actually pretty terrifying for a one-off villain.
  • The Zeppo - My favorite of the whole show, it's just a perfect meta episode and really gives Xander the spotlight that he deserves, after so many of his episodes (Teacher's Pet, Inca Mummy Girl) weren't quite so good.
  • Doppelgangland - Over the years I've come to find too many reasons to not like The Wish as much, but the follow-up still holds up years later. Watching the two Willow's engaging with others and each other, seeing everyone's reaction, this is just a great episode overall.

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
I agree with you about The Wish/Doppelgangland

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Doppelgangland- While I like The Wish (we get introduced to Anya’s powers, it also focuses on Cordelia, and we get introduced to the Wishverse), I just can’t pick it because it’s too damn depressing! Doppelgangland brings back Wishverse Willow and she’s still menacing but the entire context is a little lighter. We get more foreshadowing of Willow’s sexuality too. And there’s just some funny stuff!

The Prom- Buffy wants to give her friends one perfect night dammit even though her heart is broken. Everyone looks great, the music is hot. I’m a mess of a Bangel, I can’t help it! Wiiiiild horses....!!! 🎶

Graduation Day Part 2- hottest Bangel Season in the ‘verse. Best Buffy/Faith fight. The big group fight scene. Everyone wins. High school is hell!

season 3 is my 2nd fave season and I think has the most consistently good episodes. This was definitely hard to pick my top 3! I also love Band Candy, Lovers Walk, Faith Hope & Trick. Such good stuff!

Faded90

Scooby
I could have easily picked about 15 different episodes this season is so consistently good but I went with Bad Girls, The Prom and Graduation Day

Bad Girls - I actually think Buffy is more in character in this episode than she is for a lot of season 3. Obviously they wanted to really heavily go for the Buffy/Faith light/dark slayer contrast but at times they just made Buffy a bit too prissy when she isn’t really in any other season. This is Buffy who burnt down the gym before we’d even met her and punched a cop trying to arrest her in Becoming - she’s always been ruthless and with an edge. I don’t think anything she does in this episode is particularly out of character for her. Plus her clothes are so much better this episode, I hate the ‘formal afternoon tea’ outfits she wears so much this season. Sometimes I like to watch just the first half an hour of this episode (before things go very wrong!) and it makes me smile so much it’s just so fun. I do like some Chosen 2 bonding

The Prom -its just a delight of an episode and I just want to give Buffy a big hug the whole time

Graduation Day - it’s perfect. The Buffy/Faith fight and then shared dream.Buffy giving her army their orders and contrasting withThe Mayor giving his. Wesley the watcher coming to Buffy the slayer to ask for orders. The student army felt more emotional than the slayer army for me. The Mayor’s speech and the scoobies sitting listening to it knowing what’s going to happen. I have chills throughout the entire thing

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
This is a hard one too. :eek:
Anne is the best season opener, has great cinematography, features an isolated, depressed Buffy finally coming to terms with her identity, her actions. I love this episode.
Lovers Walk is where a hilarious Spike shines. But I don't like the Xander-Willow cheating plot. :/
The Wish is another great altered reality episode. "What could have been"s are handled very well. Also, we get to know Vamp Willow! (plus points for Cordelia's blue dress. 🙃)
The Zeppo is a great Xander-centric episode. It is both hilarious and to the point with Xander's character. He really shines in this episode. After that cheating subplot, this episode provides just the refreshment I need.
Doppelgangland is a very fun episode. Vamp Willow is gorgeous. Everybody's reaction to seeing Vamp Willow is hilarious. Willow being Willow is cute.

I went with Anne, The Zeppo, and The Wish.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
This is hard, season 3 has so many good episodes, very few weak episodes. I picked Graduation Day pt1 (Faith and Buffy fight scene is great!), Dopplegangland and Bad Girls.
Graduation Day and Dopplegangland are top tier Buffy episodes for me. I love them so much, and I love Buffy and Faith in Bad Girls.

Antho

Scooby
Amends : the more I watch it the more I love it 😍
The wish : Exploring an alternative reality is always exciting and fascinating for me.
Graduation’s day part 1 : for the Fuffy/Bangel scenes

Crossbow

Townie
Episode 3 “Faith Hope and Trick”. The gang seems to have forgiven Buffy but Giles is uneasy with Willow’s dabbling in magic. “These forces are not something that one plays around with, Willow. What have you been conjuring?”

Episode 4 “Beauty and the Beasts”. Buffy reading “The Call of the Wild”. Mr. Platt “So the hope I bring you is, demons can be fought, people can change, you can change.”

Episode 20 “The Prom”. Buffy ”I feel like I can’t breathe Will”😞
Buffy Summers Class Protector

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Faith, Hope & Tricks, Bad Girls, Graduation Day Pt 1. But there are so many that have already been mentioned. A top twenty from this season alone would've been, y'know, fairer.

RepeatoGirl

Duchess of Buffonia
Band Candy: It's hilarious seeing all the adults acting like teenagers, especially getting a good look at what Ripper was like.
Doppelgangland: It's so entertaining seeing Willow interact with Vamp Willow and also "Hands! Hands!" is hilarious.
Earshot: I think why I love this is because of all the things that Buffy reads from their minds like what she reads from Oz or about Joyce and Giles.
As you can tell I love the more comedic episodes!

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
I loved what was on Oz's mind 💝

Anyanka5x5

I believe these chicken feet are mine
This one was way too hard

1. Doppelgangland
2. Band Candy
3. Graduation Day pt 2

My runner-ups are Lover’s Walk, Homecoming, and Earshot

Top Bottom