• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who do you prefer Giles with?

Giles and who?

• Jenny

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Olivia

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Ethan

• Buffy

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Anya

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Other

• Joyce

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Sineya
Olivia has several advantages:

1. She is alive.
2. She likes Giles enough to buy a return ticket, go to the airport, put up with all the security hassles, fly thirteen hours on airline food, take a taxi to Giles' place and sleep with him then put up with all the same hassles of the return trip, although it might take a little less time if they catch the Jetstream on the way back.
3. She is the only to turn the monotony of Giles' life into cuppa tea, cuppa tea, definitely got shagged, cuppa tea.

Xander. :) I'm a huge Giles/Xander fan and I never saw them having a father/son relationship because Giles never seemed interested in having one.

NatRosenberg

Bored in Budapest
Sineya
I'd say Olivia as well. They always seemed to have a pretty cool relationship. Him with Buffy or any of the Scoobies is just weird (bordering on gross) to me. Also, his relationship with Jenny was annoying at first, but developed pretty well and could have been interesting if she hadn't died. Though her death did serve a purpose and I don't know that I would change it. Another option that was explored just a little bit was Giles and Joyce, but of course that was Ripper!Giles.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love the idea of Giles and Joyce.... why is Joyce not an option?!? They had so much chemistry in Band Candy. Ok, it was spell-based chemistry, but it was hot and they were gorgeous together.

Joyles 4 eva!

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I liked Giles with Jenny. I think their relationship showed off his softer side, and he was so smitten.

Black Thorn
Jenny of course. They are one of my favorite Buffyverse couples. Hip, computer teacher Jenny and stuffy Giles arguing over technology is so cute. I think she could have made him happy for the whole show. Then he would have had someone in the later seasons when he felt more aimless. I still wish the actress had returned for Restless, and possibly as The First in Season 7.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I voted for Anya, because I loved them in Tabula Rasa! And I ship Anya with anyone other than Xander. But for Giles I'd actually go with Jenny. I really loved their relationship in season 2.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I loved Giles with Jenny. I know she's dead and he needs another but had to give her my vote for sentimental feelings....

I can totally see Giles and Anya being end game.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Thanks m'darlin :) Changed my vote to the Joycinator :D Lean, clean Giles-lovin' machine.

Top Bottom