• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who do you prefer: Willow, Tara, or Fred?

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
Willow, Tara, and Fred are the more shy, sweet, sensitive girls on the show(s). So who do you prefer?
For me it's:
Willow. I absolutely love Willow, she's my favorite Buffyverse character, and one of my favorite characters of all time.
Fred. I love love love Fred. She is so adorable and smart and badass.
Tara. I don't care for Tara, I find her one dimensional and irritating.

Mostly I'm curious because I feel like I've seen several people in different places who either love Tara and dislike Fred or vice versa. I've also seen people who love Fred and Tara and hate Willow. What are your thoughts? Who wins the cute contest?? Anyone else wish Fred and Willow could have spent more time together?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
I am in love with Tara. She has the most beautiful face! Those eyes, those lips...she's like an enchanted oil painting. Her hair is silky and shiny. I could totally go gay for her...that voice is like windchimes at night.

Anyway, I like all three girls. Willow, the magic ginger...and lovely, dorky Winnifred.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
Yeah Amber Benson is very beautiful:) and she seems like a cool person. The other two are still more my type though.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Of The Abyss
Black Thorn
Aly is cute. So is Amy. But Amber is incredibly beautiful. Like a runaway gypsy in the forrest. I could picture her dancing under the moon with fairies.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
They're all gorgeous, but personally I find Aly the most beautiful:)

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I love all of them. I do wish that Willow and Fred could of spent more time together. But I could easily see all three of them just nerding out and one big babble fest about magic.

Totally with you there @Anyanka Bunny Killer , I've got a major crush on Amber Benson. (Be jealous, she replied to me recently on Facebook. Oh how I fangirled :p)

I lean probably more towards Tara and Willow than Fred. Tara kinda reminds me how I used to be when I was younger- shy, more prominent stutter. I think it's adorable really. But I love how Willow progresses as a character from start to finish. I don't think I watch Angel enough to really appreciate Fred.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
That was so lucky of you to have her reply to you !

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I wrote a message to her about how her role on Buffy has effected my life, that I loved the movie 7 Things To Do Before I'm 30, and then asked about the book Death & Buses that she wrote would have a sequel. (Fyi, Death & Buses was hilarious. I highly recommend it)
She replied back saying that I'm very sweet and that there would not be a sequel at this stage but she loved writing about the weirdo characters.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
That's awesome! Have you seen either of the movies she directed?

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
I like them all. I'd rank Willow the highest but she does have way more time/episodes to make an impact. Although growth is important to a character I like her more in the early years. Willow and Tara together are great for most of the time when addiction doesn't ruin things. As @Blair I'd love to have seen Willow and Fred together more.

I love Willow, like Tara, dislike Fred- so its a simple choice. :)

Willow because she can be brillaint and stupid and everything in between. She learns from her mistakes. I think she's a good friend and that's what matters at the end of the day.
Tara is nice. I like her the most in S6 when she and Willow are apart but she's still trying to be a good friend to Buffy and Dawn.
Fred seems like a caricature to me. She has no faults apart from 'goofy' and 'awkward/a bit crazy', and that's it. She becomes something for other characters to fight over for S4/5 mostly. I love Illyria.

I love all the actresses though, they all seem super-sweet and talented.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I like Tara best of those 3. I can see comparing Fred and Willow but Tara is a completely different kind of character to me. Fred and Willow have their super powers (witchcraft and big brain) but Tara is just a sweet young woman without any special skills who joins the team and makes a difference. Tara is a female Xander.

Monkey Pants
Monkey Pants
Tara is a witch too haha...Fred has no supernatural powers

Mr Trick

Scooby
I think Willow is the most interesting, has the best personality, and has a lot of other great qualities as a person too. If we were talking real life people its possible I would like Tara the most. Her lack of ego and sensitivity really impresses me.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Fredikins!
I'm kind of the opposite of B, because I used to really like Tara but every re-watch I feel like she gets just a tad bit duller.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I dislike Willow, I am indifference towards disliking Tara, I dislike how they devolved Fred. I would say Fred though, she had more good episodes before she became an accessory.

Top Bottom