• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who is your favourite Buffy couple?

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Well as I've always had a thing about Human/Vampire ships, that cuts out the most popular ones around here......

Anyhoo, don't think I'd be surprising too many folk by saying Buffy/Faith is by far the one I love the most.

Other than that:-
Willow/Tara
Giles/Jenny
Spike/Dru
Xander/Xander ;)

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Hahaha same! Did you know that when Xander got split in half it was his twin brother that played Xander 2! 😂 love ur post 💕 😊

BuffyBot22

Scooby
Bangel always and forever for my number 1 pick.

Dangel
Sprusilla
Cander
Frunn
Jenny/Giles (Idk their ship name)

And my non-canon: Fuffy (it should have happened)

Antho

Scooby
Bangel will always be my number 1# I love these two so much ❤❤. That’s funny because sometimes i don’t watch the show during months/ years and I think i’m Over them and then... I rewatch an episode and fall in love again. I’m a desperate case 😂😅

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Clawn

That's right, Clem and Dawn came from a position of mutual respect with neither of them taking advantage of each other.
Nice one .

My favourite couples are :
Tara/Willow: Tillow.
Xander/Anya: Xanya.
Spike/Drusilla - Sprusilla.

And non Canon .
Buffy/Faith - Fluffy.
Buffy /Cordy

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
Quite a few buffyverse couplings that I either was intrigued with, like or love..

Intrigued - Wesley and Lilah, interesting pairing brought about because of Wesley's betrayal of Angel. Yes they had chemistry however I just never warmed to Lilah so that why I didn't get invested in them together
Fred and Gunn, I didn't quite get into them but they were fine together. Wasn't that upset when they broke up though.
Angel/Angelus and Darla, I find them a fascinating pair especially when they were developed so much more in ATS. Glad Darla was brought back for that storyline and that Connor came from that. Definitely feel that Darla was Angelus's mate.
Buffy and Riley, Did not like this on my very first watch but have come to appreciate it. Regardless of Riley's insecurities about his relationship with Buffy, re-watching a number of times, I have sympathy for Riley in realising that Buffy held back from him and never opened up to him and tried to share herself in the way that Willow and Xander did with their new relationships.

Like - Giles and Joyce, the potential was there because of the episode Band Candy but it might have been considered too much of a predictable route to take with the two of them but I felt they had a natural chemistry.
Xander and Anya, they were quite a good couple but in some ways because her personality reminded me Cordy, it just felt like an extent of Xander relationship with Cordy and what possible would have happened if Cordelia had stay on the show.
Angel and Nina, it was great to give a buffyverse relationship something that wasn't meant to be all consuming and intense. I like what I saw of Nina and would have been interested to see the development of this relationship more in the sixth series which I believe was the plan.

Love - Xander and Cordelia, it's kind of funny because these two aren't in any way favourite characters of my in the buffyverse and yet I love the unexpected development of their relationship which I did not see coming. Did not like the way it has to end especially with the cheating on Xander and Willow's part. I would have love to see if there had been a possibility for them later on to get back together again but not to be which leads me on to...
Cordelia and Doyle, too brief their time together at AI. They work for me better than Xander and Anya because Doyle was so different from him but was still a wonderful and interesting character. Oh what could have been.
Giles and Jenny, is just too heartbreaking. I really wish there had been more time for them being together in their relationship or that they had got to have their reunion before Angelus ended her. It always hurts seeing Giles's reaction upon finding Jenny on his bed no matter how many times I've watch it.
Wesley and Fred, is another heartbreaking relationship of not having enough time to be together. (Damn you JW!) I adore them individually as character and both their development on the show was great to watch unfold particularly Wesley which was so unexpected with the massive change in him from when he started on BTVS. I will always wish that we had ATS series six just so we could have seen the return of Fred and what that would have entailed for her and Wesley especially if she was sharing her body or memories with Illyrah.
Willow and Oz, boy I still miss them whenever I watch BTVS after he leaves. I just love the blossoming of Willow's character in her relationship with Oz and for me Oz was just such a cool character. I just grew to love him without the need for him to be a in your face character that like to or wanted to draw attention to himself. He was just supportive and understanding but could also show his strength and determination when he needed to. Yes it would have been interesting to see the development of their relationship if SG had stayed on the show but then I guess not losing Oz permanently in the buffyverse is something.

And no.1 buffyverse couple, well I doubt that anyone couldn't tell given my profile picture so it gives me the greatest of pleasures to say that 20 years plus and they still have remain unmatch by any other is the gorgeous Buffy and her brooding and handsome soulmate Angel.

Comics

Xander and Dawn, I don't actually mind this. Dawn is an adult when it happens and the age gap is really that much between them.

Fannon

It's very rare that I would find myself wanting a coupling that the show didn't create themselves and this is most certainly the case with the buffyverse. Plus in terms of my favourite characters from the show I have no interest in seeing them together with any character that they had a antagonist relationship with so yes a no for Angel and Xander from me. And also because I love the father and daughter like relationship between Buffy and Giles then I can't imagine it being any other way.
As for Buffy and Faith, well I never notice any thing in the show at the time although now watching it I can understand why some would see it in that way. And given the trauma that Faith put Buffy through with her betrayal, then it makes Faith no better than any other of Buffy's romantic/relationship partners so even though I don't view Buffy even as a bi sexual even with her relationship with a fellow slayer, I can see why it would be possibility for many to want fuffy to happen as Buffy and Faith's relationship ended up in a much healthier position in the comics.

Last edited:

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
For Buffy:
Buffy&Angel
Willow&Oz
Xander&Cordelia
Spike&Drusilla
Giles&Jenny
Spike&Anya

For Angel:
Buffy&Angel
Faith&Angel (the potential)
Fred&Wesley
Gunn&Gwen
Lindsey&Eve
Darla&Dru
Darla&Angel

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
What the ship name for Mr. Gordo & Angel ?

Top Bottom