• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Who its your fave character and why?

sleecin

Potential
Sineya
Who is your fave character and why?

For me its Adelle Dewitt.

She is both cold and warm. And has such a intensive body language and facial expression.

And you get to see her being both weak and strong. Also her accent is lovely.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
There's so many great characters to choose from!! I think last time I watched it it was Victor, then it would have to be Claire and Echo! It's hard to tell though since I haven't watched it in a while, it might change if I rewatch it.

white avenger

white avenger
My favorite character would have to be FBI Agent Paul Ballard, simply because he was a man who set out to solve a mystery and let nothing whatsoever stand in the way of achieving his goal. Plus, he's a genuine, no fake, trained martial artist who translated his skills beautifully in some really great fight scenes. Watching him and Echo spar together was like watching great ballet.

Last edited:
E
EffyStonem
Nice to find someone else who loves Paul
VisionGirl
VisionGirl
Me too!

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
My favorite character would have to be FBI Agent Paul Ballard, simply because he was a man who set out to solve a mystery and let nothing whatsoever stand in the way of achieving his goal. Plus, he's a genuine, no fake, trained martial artist who translated his skills beautifully in some really great fight scenes. Watching him and Echo spar together was like watching great ballet.
I don't think I've ever met someone who liked Paul Ballard as much as I do! Nobody else seems to like him lol. I loooooooove him as Helo though. ;)

Anyway, I think it's so hard to choose, I think there are so many great characters. I like Echo's development- there are some really poignant moments there. I was instantly attracted to Mellie & her story. The Victor/Sierra love story is so so great. Alpha is an awesome Big Bad. Adelle & Topher are simultaneously creepy & hilarious. Honestly, I have a hard time picking.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
There are a lot of great characters, but the story is the star.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh my! I have to pick just one? Eeek, hard!

Hm, I love Topher - for he's geekiness, his wit, his everything
I love Paul Ballard - cause he's a freakin' superhero (watch his fight scenes and tell me that's not true!)
I love Adelle - because she's... she's powerful, she's cool and she's ultimately very human and frail
I have a special thing for Mr. Dominic - perhaps because I like that actor.

Out of the (almost just wrote Tributes...) dolls I think I like Viktor the most. I always felt I wanted more of him and that whatever he did was brilliant (and though I love Eliza I think he out-shined her by miles)

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Comments on this post
@Ethan Reigns agrees: There are a lot of great characters, but the story is the star.
This is the truth! I've talked before about how much the story touches me and that I found myself almost more emotional watching this than any Whedon show, but I won't go in about it again. :)

Whitefang

Protagonist
My favourite is actually a tie, can't decide between Victor (sweet and unassuming) and Topher (funny and crazy intelligent). Sierra is also an interesting character and I was uncomfortable with the abuse she suffered as a doll.

Still a Scoobie

Nocturnal Lurker
I love them all, except Ballard. I know that the Dollhouse do could be seen as immoral but he still feels like the bad guy to me (before Rossum enter the equation, anyway). Adele tries as much as possible to keep her house on something like the straight and narrow, even defying Rossum where she can (apart from giving them Topher's designs for the remote imprinter, which confused the hell out of me). She totally believes she's helping the people who sign up to be actives at least as much as the people who hire them (look how she reacts to the abuse of Sierra by her handler and the guy who tries to kill Echo on her assignment with him). So I'm with the Dollhouse and Ballard is against them, also he endangers Echo by his pursuit of her. He just makes me mad. I've nothing against Tamoh Penikett's (spelling?) portrayal of him, which is good, but I do not like the character. Plus when he hires Echo in series 2(?) it feels seedy, even though it's possibly (one of) her most morally upright engagement.

As has been said before though, no matter how awesome the characters are, the story is the star.

buffffy

The "what-if" guy
I love Topher because of the humor he brings to such a dark idea. And I love Boyd too, for how good he took care of Echo

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
Ugh! This is tough.

I love Topher. I really really do. His sense of humor. His nerdiness. His redemption. And I'm tempted to just say he's my favorite and be done with it . . .but . .

Ballard. Love him too. Though, this may be colored by my intense love for Helo in Battlestar.

. . .Upon reflection I think I like him for himself. He genuinely wants to do the right thing, even if he fumbles it from time to time. I always like that in a character.

And then Victor! Dude needs a hug. Generally I like that in a character too.

I think I'll stop there. I may be even more confused about who my favorite is than I was before I began this reply. :D

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Adele, Topher and Victor. Oh What's Tophers assistant name? She was funny too. I Adele because just when you think you gt her figured out, you don't. Topher is funny and geeky and I liked his interactions with Boyd. I love Victor and Sierra. The actor does a great job at playing all the implants of Victor and his original personality. As much as I love Eliza, I don't really care about Echo and her weird romantic yet not really relationship with Ballard in season 2. Also I love Amy Acker as Dr. Saunders/ Whiskey

Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
[No message]
Carrie Hopewell
Carrie Hopewell
Pretty much agree with everything!
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I liked Topher's assistant too.

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
I can't choose at the moment. Too many awesome characters! My favorite doll is Victor though. What a sweetie ;)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Topher, fully realised Echo, Adelle DeWitt and Mr. Dominic- in pretty much that order.

To me Topher is an interesting 'funny' character done right. He's funnier than Xander and way more fascinating imo. (and also, oddly more likeable dispite his massive flaws)

Fully realised Echo is (and could've been) a fascinating character to watch develop over time, add to that she's an unstoppable bad-ass action hero most of the time. I wish we'ed seen more of her because then she'd be my top- almost certainly.

Adelle is just pure, calculated, morally certain, dryly British and unflappable. Capable of being deeply caring and brutally practical in the same episode. Brilliant.

I just love the fact the Mr. Dominic is an unapologetic asshole. :D He's like 'yeah, so what? Deal with it.'

Least favourite character: Paul Ballard by far, he's kind of a massive cliche (and not an inverted one either- rare in a Joss show) without that many layers of interest. Although he does get a little more interesting as the show progresses.
Plus his pursuit/romance of Caroline/Echo is mostly just creepy. :(

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
After our recent re-watch I can easily say it's Topher.
Think that my favourite moment in every episode was some kind of funny line or delivery by Topher.

He might be a complete jackass in many way. But it's great fun to watch. :)

/SK

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I hated Topher.. one of the reasons I couldn't watch it. Or Cabin in the Woods as he is the same character.. but I liked Adelle just because I liked Olivia Williams from Rushmore. And I liked Mr. Dominic just because I think Reed Diamond is an incredibly underrated actor.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Disagree on Topher but the rest is fair, ha!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love Paul Ballard - cause he's a freakin' superhero (watch his fight scenes and tell me that's not true!)
)
Oh my, how my opinion changed this last re watch. I mean I still totally think that he's a freakiing super hero and love his fight scenes. But wouldn't say that I "love" Paul anymore...

Blaze
Blaze
We all come to our senses one day or another lol

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Interesting looking at this with a fresh mind. My original post wasn't too far off. I deeply love Viktor/Tony, (fully realized) Echo, and Dr. Saunders.

But my favorite is definitely Adelle. I fell in love with that woman, she is just so friggen awesome. I also would place Topher and Bennett up there. And Alpha and Mr. Dominic. This cast is so great, I just love most of them (cough not you Paul cough).

Least favorite is obviously Paul, but I love him in the last 2 episode. 
I hated Topher.. one of the reasons I couldn't watch it. Or Cabin in the Woods as he is the same character.. .
I thought the same when I watched Cabin in the Woods, but upon my rewatch of Dollhouse, I was oh so wrong. Topher is much more complex then I remembered him being. He gets surprisingly good character development, and his story is actually pretty tragic.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I might have to watch it again.. I typically have great disdain for latter day Joss stuff. Oh! maybe Buffy Boards could have a Dollhouse rewatch session where we all rewatch it and talk about it.

Top Bottom