• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Who its your fave character and why?

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Adele, Topher and Victor. Oh What's Tophers assistant name? She was funny too. I Adele because just when you think you gt her figured out, you don't. Topher is funny and geeky and I liked his interactions with Boyd. I love Victor and Sierra. The actor does a great job at playing all the implants of Victor and his original personality. As much as I love Eliza, I don't really care about Echo and her weird romantic yet not really relationship with Ballard in season 2. Also I love Amy Acker as Dr. Saunders/ Whiskey
Yea after the rewatch this is a tough question cause the cast is so great. Its a close race, but I think Adele and Topher are till my favorite because I love their relationship, and Adele is more complex then we see. Plus Tophers character development in S2 and the way he is in Epitaph 2 just really got to me this time and broke my heart. Topher + Bennett forever! Ivy is the name I couldn't think of and shes a great side character. But I think I would put Mellie in 3rd this time. I didn't realize how much I missed her, specifically her and Paul, until she came back. And yea Paul is my least favorite. Although I guess Caroline is too but I like Echo.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Topher: Something about Topher clicked with me right away. I like the humor he brings to the story, as well as his fantastic character evolution.
Adelle: Mostly in Season 2, as she increasingly took on the role of Mama Bear of the Dollhouse.
Echo 2.0.: Such a badass. I also loved when she was balancing multiple personalities (especially in 'Stop Loss', when she took on the army guys).

sparethetragic

Potential
Sineya
I don't know if I have a clear cut favorite because this show worked so well in an ensemble format. I really enjoyed Mellie/November/Madeline, though they severely underutilized her. I will echo the sentiments of those here and say that I did not really care for Paul, nor his relationship with Echo. I never bought into the "romance" and their interactions always felt forced to me.

Wesley Junior

Potential
My favorite characters on Dollhouse are Boyd, Victora/Sierra, and Topher. Boyd was a down-to-earth badass and I enjoyed his bond with Echo before the writers destroyed it with having him become the bad guy. Victora and Sierra had a hypnotic connection, the kind shared by two lost souls finding refuge in each other. Topher hooked me with his sense of humor, his brilliance, and his transformation from an amoral individual to the burdened conscience of the group.

If I had to pick one top favorite, Topher would be it.

E

EffyStonem

My absolute fave Dollhouse character has to be Adele DeWitt, she is fierce and intelligent and dark and multi-faceted and just amazing. I love her entire arc, and every scene with her in it is pure gold. She reminds me a lot of Lilah Morgan, actually, they have that same fierceness and lack of empathy and unapologetic aura about them.

I also adore Paul Ballard (I think he's a horribly misunderstood character), Priya (such a gorgeous character who deserved so much better) and Mellie (even if she isn't technically real). Alpha is also good value.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I really hated Topher in S1, I had real issue with him but I warmed to him so much in S2 and although I'm a couple of eps from the end, I adore him now.

I adored Mellie in S1.

I like Echo, but I don't love Echo. I probably prefer Sierra to Echo actually, which is weird as Sierra is underused and Echo is overused (I know she's the star, but sometimes her insertion in episodes felt forced)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Whiskey, I liked her doctor imprint back in season 1 and would have loved it if we would have gotten more of a back story :)

I really hated Topher in S1, I had real issue with him but I warmed to him so much in S2 and although I'm a couple of eps from the end, I adore him now
Really ??? I found Topher cute in season 1, but started to despise him in season 2...

. I probably prefer Sierra to Echo actually, which is weird as Sierra is underused and Echo is overused (I know she's the star, but sometimes her insertion in episodes felt forced)
I agree 100%
I remember that @Ethan Reigns told me before watching it that Dollhouse is not ED centric, it was too ED centric if anything, they should have used Victor and Sierra more often.

I also adore Paul Ballard (I think he's a horribly misunderstood character)
I liked Ballard too, never understood why everyone hated him...

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I did say that the star of Dollhouse is the story, not Eliza Dushku or any of the other actors. As such, it was not a starring medium for anyone in the cast. ED shows up in every episode and is presented as the protagonist but the story revolves around making her into something different every week, so we don't get exposed to the ED personality, we get whatever she is supposed to be that week. The arc of the story is that the original personalities don't quite get fully erased - they start to bleed into whatever characters are programmed for that engagement so someone who had to be a spy in one engagement retains some knowledge of spycraft even if a subsequent engagement doesn't need it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Not surprisingly, Echo doesn't get as much love considering she's (technically) the lead, but I find that perhaps it's because she's all over the place. It isn't until she begins to build a personality all her own, that you can justify calling her one of your favorites. Before that, she's just a new imprint each week, sometimes more than one an episode. That being said, I love Echo and am more impressed by ED's acting than most viewers out there.

However, as I am currently in the middle of a re-watch (saw Echoes last night) I believe that my top list consists of Topher/Adelle/Paul. I can't pick between those three at the moment.

Also, I've come to realize, in this my 5th watch of the show, that I find Victor/Sierra-Tony/Priya to be my favorite TV couple in recent history...did not expect that, but they are so beautiful, both apart and their unbreakable bond, even mind-wiped.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Victor and Sierra are one of my favorite TV couples ever

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Topher is the best. I love Adelle and her motherlike/ sometimes bitchy nature. Topher is the best. Echo goes up and down in season 1 but always comes through and really becomes full badass in season 2. Topher is the best. Paul has some sweet moments but sometimes that guy is just really dim. Topher is the best. I really hate Boyd because of the ending. Topher is the best. Whiskey/ Dr. Saunders is a brilliant idea portrayed really well by Amy Acker but she gets an unfair ending. Did I mention Topher is the best? Well, it goes without saying.:D

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Hmm, I think Topher is the best. ;) lol

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I really like Laurence Dominic, or Mr Dominic as he's more commonly known, and Adelle.

I'm also a fan of Paul's face.

Cheyanne Suttle

Potential
Topher is probably my favorite singular character mainly for his sense of humor and witty banter, but Victor and Sierra together is my faaaaaaaaavoriteeeeeeeee
[automerge]1523593521[/automerge]
Also, nice friendly Alpha would have been fun to see more of. Fully realized Echo minus stupid Paul Ballard in her head.

I'm sorry but I could have done without the ending being Paul Ballard in her head

Mr Trick

Scooby
Adele because I love the actress and I enjoy icy villains, who have a dark and sinister side just inching to come out. There's many layers to Adele too (like the more human and comedy side), yet we don't see it all which is part of the power of the character.

Topher would be second and Sanders/Wiskey second because once again Acker brings her A game! Like the twist to her character too.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
That´s sooo hard! I love so many of the dollhouse characters! Can I make a top 10 list?
HM: Mellie/November - Mallie is just so cute! And how such a cute, sweet and kind person can be such a badass, is awesome!
#10 Daniel Perrin - Alexis Denisof!!! Just seeing him again with Eliza (so many Wesley and Faith feels!) and him being on a show again with Amy (Fred/Wes feels overload!!!)
#9 Mag - Felicia Day!!! playing a lesbian redhead! All I could ever ask for! (other than Alyson of course)
#8 Adele DeWitt - She is so powerful and badass. But so human and vulnerable at the same time. How she cares for Topher in epitaphs is so cute!!! And I like her accent.
#7 Sierra - Victor/Sierra is the purest and sweetest relationship on the whole show! They´re so cute!!! Sierra is amazing!
#6 Echo - Eliza Dushku!!! She is badass, cute, smart, beautiful and so much more!
#5 Alpha - Alan Tudyk!!! I love how Alpha is so crazy. He has so funny moments. My favourites are the medicine carrots, the quotes: "I´m not fooling. He´s not kidding. We´re not bluffing. I´m bluffing. But the rest of us, we mean business.", "I spoke to the schizophrenic in me. Well, both of them actually." and my favourite is when someone tells him to watch his step and he does...
b2fa0a122759b86a946a3ad9990e99ce--fantastic-show-watch-your-back.jpg That just cracks me up everytime!
#4 Victor - He is such a sweetie! Enver Gjokaj is a really great actor (at least from what I´ve seen in dollhouse)! Victor/Sierra is so cute! And I love it when Topher is imprinted in him and like he really is Topher, he really behaves exactly like him, so funny! And Victor as Kiki is so funny too!
#3 Bennett Halverson - Summer Glau!!!! Her awkward kiss with Topher was so cute and funny! Really liked her story, so sad Whiskey killed her :(
#2 Claire Saunders/Whiskey - Amy Acker!!!! Just love Amy so much!!!!! Love Whiskey! And Dr. Claire Saunders really cares for the actives/dolls. And I ship Claire/Topher ;) 😍 💗 (I´m reading and writing fanfics about them)
#1 Topher Brink - OMG! Love him sooo much! And Fran Kranz!!! Topher is so cute and naive and I don´t care what people say about him being amoral, I just loooove him! It was so sad how his story ended, OMG I cried like a baby when he died!!! But he died as a hero. And just all his scenes in the epitaph episodes mostly, I just always want to hug him. The epitaphs break my Topher-Loving-Heart. 😭 And the best part about him is just how funny he is!!!!! :D To me his funny-ness is one of the best parts of the show.
:p 😂 🤣 🤣
But as others already said, no matter how amazing and awesome the characters are and how much I love them all... The story is the star.

Last edited:

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Adele DeWitt is my absolute faourite Dollhouse character. She's like a softer (and more moral) version of Lilah Morgan. I love how she is simultaneously idealistic and cynical. She believes in what the Dollhouse does because she she's so cynical about human relationships. I love her journey from powerful head of the Dollhouse to genuine atoner, trying to make up for the horror she has taken part in. I just watched the episode Belonging and seeing her genuine breakdown over her helplessness to stop Nolan from enslaving Priya is quite wrenching, and this is where her downward spiral of Season 2 comes from. She's fierce and powerful and steadfast but also nuanced and vulnerable and constantly trying to maintain the upper hand. Ugh, she's such a great character, I could rave about her all day!

I also really love Paul Ballard. I think he's a bit of a misunderstood character and kind of unfairly hated but on some level I do understand why some fans dislike him. He's kind of the living embodiment of the Idiot Hero and his obsession with Caroline can be creepy (one of the reasons I never shipped them). But Paul is a genuinely good person, he's smarter than given credit for and he often picks up on behavioural patterns which the others don't see (such as when he figures out that part of Alpha's persona comes from his original personality). He's also the only character to never be seduced by the Dollhouse and to always see it as an evil entity which does more harm than good.

And lastly, I adore Priya Tsetsang. She's such an individualistic free spirit and I just want to protect her from all the bad in the world. Priya doesn't want or need much in life - she just wants to be free and happy and live a peaceful existence and I love that about her. She's not swayed by money or power, she just wants to form genuine connections and be happy with herself. I love her so much!

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Yes! Priya!!!

spikenbuffy

"You have superpowers,that's so cool,can you fly?"
1 Paul - Because despite his weird fascination towards Caroline/Echo, he's nice & tells Dollhouse that what they do is bad.
2 Mellie - Sad that she's just a doll, really!
3 Echo in Season 2

Top Bottom