• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who loves Dawn and Xander together?

C

curious33

Comics spoilers
Dawn and Xander get together. Because Dawn is over 18 and Xander is a serious boy. I love them together.
What about you?

Priceless

Scooby
Absolutely love them together. They work really well as a couple. They are the 'ordinary' ones, the ones with no powers so they none of that 'oh you're stronger than me' angst. Dawn can open/close portals now, but in the worlds they travelled to, she needed Xander's skills to survive, so they work really well together. I also have no problem with the age difference or the fact he used to babysit her, because there was never anything between them. My favourite thing about their relationship is how Dawn pushed Xander towards therapy and getting help for all his issues, and supporting him through all the difficult times he had.

I'm not such a big fan of them being married and having a child when Dawn is only 25, but that might be because that seems incredibly young to me and I'd want Dawn to have a full life before settling down, but maybe she has had, with all the adventures and things she's seen in her life.

C
curious33
What the...? You think 25 is too young to get married and have a child?

AstridDante

Potential
I haven’t read the comics so I can’t give a fully informed opinion but the idea of them together kind of disturbs me from what I saw on show. She was very much Buffy’s ‘kid’ sister and while it was referenced by Xander that she had a crush on him, I just find it ick that they are together in comics.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I haven't read the comics but I don't really like the idea because I can't see how they would know each other for 7 years and during that time Dawn's a kid and Xander's an adult and then only a few years post that get together. Wouldn't she always be a kid to him?

C
curious33
Feelings can change and Dawn is not a child anymore.

white avenger

white avenger
they would know each other for 7 years and during that time Dawn's a kid and Xander's an adult
Works out pretty well in the comics, because they have Dawn become fairly mature early in the series. (She goes off to college and has a lover who turns out to be a warlock or something, and when they split up, he turns her into a 50 foot giant. That's REALLY growing up)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I have no issue with them being together, I think Dawn being at college made her more of an adult, and she and Xander weren't close since Sunnydale. At least from what I read in the comics anyway.

AstridDante

Potential
I haven't read the comics but I don't really like the idea because I can't see how they would know each other for 7 years and during that time Dawn's a kid and Xander's an adult and then only a few years post that get together. Wouldn't she always be a kid to him?
I completely agree with you. I find something distasteful about it. Obviously she is older when they get together in comics but it is the idea that he knew her as Buffy’s kid sister, just seems a bit ick

Athene
Athene
I agree it seems distasteful

thrasherpix

Scooby
Coming from a very small town, I don't see it that way, and also know how people change (hopefully, anyway) as they get older. If everyone who knew each other as kids could never be together because it was icky as they could never imagine themselves as anything other than childrenn then all marriage, breeding, and the like would come to a screeching halt.

I'm neutral about Dawn-Xander...though I already prefer it to Xander-Anya.

Athene
Athene
I know it happens but I can't understand it myself. It's different if you're both children but if you are close as a child/adult I don't get how that becomes romantic especially so soon.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I think this is one of the best combinations in the show. The "you're extraordinary" speech by Xander shows he has an adult level of respect for Dawn and she has the same for him since she has seen him go from a loser to a respected building contractor. A romance that starts from a position of respect stands a much better chance of lasting a long time. There are a number of marriages where the partners have the same or greater age difference than Xander and Dawn and in a number of small towns, the partners would have known each other for most of their lives, so the fact that they knew each other before they were ready for adult responsibilities is not any different.

Faded90

Scooby
To me it just feels like they went ‘let’s get the two normals together’ and then they can be normal together

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being committed and having a child at 25 but it does seem like Dawn doesn’t seem to have a life beyond that to be honest

I tend to think of the comics as an alternative reality rather than the ones the characters we watched on the show are in

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think myself that it seems wrong that Dawn & Xander get together as a couple . True Dawn over 18 but in my mind Xander using the crush she
had on him in order to get her to go out with him .

Cant think of any reason why they should be a couple myself .

Top Bottom