• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who should Darla be with?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
I would say Angelus but with him locked up well and tight inside of Angel, i think she should play the field. I think she'd have a hard time to find a strong enough man to keep her both challenged and interested for a longer period of time

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Well, after reading through everyone's postings, I have decided that:

Vamp Darla and Angelus were obviously perfect together. Yet when Angel got his soul, he realized he never really loved her. Human Darla and Lindsey would have been great...if she felt the same way about him and he did about her. Human Darla and Angel could have worked, if only for the sake of Conner, but it would have gotten in the way of Cangel...which would have sucked, because I'm one of those who thought Cordelia was his soul-mate (NOT Buffy).

Basically, once Darla was brought back from the dead and given a soul, there really wasn't anyone that "fit" with her anymore, since Angelus was gone. Her destiny became based on Conner, hence why she staked herself to save him.

Darla loved Angel. She thought he was her soulmate. Sadly, he didn't think the same. He was just infatuated with her.

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
Honestly, I always got annoyed at Darla when she was with Angelus in the flash-backs. She was never really a character I liked =/ Up until season three when Connor shared his soul with her.

That change to her finally made her character interesting to me! She wasn't suddently good, but at least she wasn't as simple as I saw her before. I actually really liked her exchanges with Angel in those episodes before Connor is born. She was still sarcastic and somewhat evil but with that sweet caring touch.

Her sacrifice so Connor can be born is actually one of the saddest moments for me on Angel! Too bad we never had a real meeting between mother and son(I don't count the time at the end of season 4 since we don't even know who it was really).

VampireJason

Dangel Activist
Darla should be with Angel or Angelus. The last thing I want is Darla being with Lindsey, being a huge Dangel shipper and I think Lindsey should be with Eve. Dangel was intense, it was so complex. It had obsession, need, lust, it was just incredible IMO. But if Darla had to be with someone besides her Angel (God forbid) I would have to say Drusilla.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
well I loove and adore Darla and Angelus together, but with him being ensouled and everything I don't see the harm in her roaming alone again. I don't think any existing characters are suitable enough to pair with her. I'm sure down the line she could have found some other toyboy that she could turn into her playmate.
But after all that said and done I don't see her and Angel/Angelus getting back together, things would have been too different between them.

D

DarlaDru

Darla & Angel together has been always great!!!

But Darla & Lindsey? Mehh....she always played with him, while he was hopeless in love with her. All in all, I don't like Lindsey very much...

Lilah

Poll Boy
I really liked Darla and Lindsey. I would of liked to of seen more of them together. Lindsey was a bit of a love sick puppy with her, hahaha.

Lonelyangel12

Tara & Willow forever
Actually I can't even see this as a question XD but If i had to chose it would deff be Angel :) not Angelus but Angel, i mean even when she's evil the only person who understands her and probably be a perfect match for her would be him. She didn't chose him to become a vampire for nothing ;) or maybe because i have this thing for vampire masters and their children XD

Litheran

Rebel without a pulse
Ok, Darla is one of my top three favorite females from the Buffyverse. I had an interesting idea upon doing a re-watch of Buffy and Angel.

I've started writing out a fic where Darla comes to Sunnydale after being re-sired by Dru; intent upon finding her and together putting Buffy down. She runs into Xander and ends up siring him.

So picture Vamp Xander close to what we saw in The Wish with Darla.

What do you guys think?

*Prepares to have stones thrown at him*

prophecygrrl

The girl in question
I ship Darla/Angelus when they were together because, well, they're pretty much an awesome vampire supercouple.

But Darla beyond the Scourge of Europe days? I think it's safe to say she's badass enough to handle being by herself. :D Though I quite like Darla and Dru together.

Human Darla is a different story though. Even though I'm a huge Cangel fan, I can see the Darla/Angel possibilities when she first comes back.

slayerfox

slayerfox
i love Angel and Darla together, i think they would have made a great couple had she stayed human. Darla is one of my favourite characters and although i ship for Bangel I think she would proabably suite Angel better in some cases, they have a long history together and can relate to one and other more. On the other hand Darla and Drusilla together were brilliant as well but that came across more as a mother daughter relationship in my opinion, still either Angel or Dru. :)

Bangelshipper

Townie
Angelus ofc.
Angelus and Darla were soulmates,and so deliciously evil together.they were this epic evil couple :D

and I loved Angel with Darla as human.the trial episode is so sad :( he was fighting so hard for Darla's life,he was willing to die in that trial just to save her life,so she can live on as human.if that wasn't touching idk what it.
Angel and vampire Darla would never work.

R
Robb Stark
[No message]

ladydorotea

Scooby
Herself and her son - if human. Fanged Four as a vampire. They were perfect as a group - whereas Darla/Angelus always ended in squabbles and betrayals - which arguably made it more fun to watch. But IMHO, Darla always was a free spirit - and could not be bound to one man, for long, the need for a change was always nagging at her, thus her 'gifts' and betrayals of Angelus as an expression of dissatisfaction with being bound.

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
I think that Angelus suited her best. I don't really think of them as a "couple" so much, like a do with Buffy and Angel, Wesley and Fred or Angel and Cordy even. It's kind of hard to explain, but I think of them as this really awesome evil pairing. Unlike a lot of those other relationships, where they seem like they're made for each other, Darla and Angelus always seemed more like an evil (and gorgeous lol) ticking time bomb.

One thing I found very interesting about Darla was that she was totally in love with Angelus, but Angel never loved her.

Wild At Heart

the moon lights his way
I always saw Darla as a strong, independent woman or should I say female vampire? I don't really think she needs to be with anyone. Obviouly her & Angel would never truly be together. Unless a new awesome character was created for her that challenged her, I'd rather see her on her own.

Top Bottom