• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who should Giles end up with?

Who do Giles should be with?

• Jenny

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Anya

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Olivia

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Tara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faith

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Drusilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
They should have Anya take Jennys place in season 2 after Jenny die, for Giles, I mean Anya is 1000 year old Vegence Demon, and Giles and her be perfect for each other and bring Jenny back alive and have her with Wesley. It would be like Anyanka/Ripper aka Anya/Aud/Giles. Also mean Wesley is too old for Cordy. What do you think?.

Cordeliagirl

Sineya
I like Anya/Giles but Wesley/Jenny seems a bit odd to me...I'm not really fussed about who Jenny ends up with if she's not with Giles.
Just suggestion, if Jenny did not die, but broke up with Giles and Giles end up with Anya , and Jenny end up with Someone else

Cordeliagirl

Sineya
I'm okay with Jenny being single seeing as there's nobody left.
That sound good and great idea.

Also saying what if Giles cheating with Anya on Jenny instead, Xander cheating with Williow on Cordelia and Oz in Season 3?

Or Jenny dont want to go out with giles because he is too dangerous for her,

Geobubbles

Can I play with the puppy?
Black Thorn
I actually rather like Faith/Wesley but only in season 4 of Angel. I feel like he was dark enough for her then.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I love Giles and Jenny! But I also kind of liked Giles and Anya in Tabula Rasa.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Giles/Anya! Ganya They were a wonderful could've been.
Anya could've gone to England after S7 and spent time battling the near constant bunny problems that beset Giles farm; that would be fun for her.

Sineya
Olivia of course!

Olivia went through all the expense and hassles of getting on a plane and spending 12 hours in the air for a non-stop flight or 13 hours for a direct flight with one stop or maybe 14 hours with a change of planes and she did all that with the prospect of doing the same thing all over again on the return just to be able to see Giles. The other girls didn't have to do anything but show up where they usually do.

Now let's take a look at the others:

Jenny was beautiful but there was a decided disconnect between the technopagan and the man who insists books have an aroma that makes them superior to any computer screen. This would always be a contentious issue with them.

Anya was the kind of thing he studied so he could direct the slayer to kill it. He would understand her but all she saw in Tabula Rasa through her mercenary eyes was a nice ring and airline tickets.

Tara would be like incest and Willow would turn him into a bullfrog.

Faith would be a dangerous choice. He had some bad history with her and he was certainly not like the mayor, Faith's favourite person in the world.

Drusilla would be the worst choice because Buffy or Faith have an obligation to kill her and Giles was trained to make the girls do it. Besides, vampire, hello! He would be in constant danger. And since she is certifiably insane, she would not be much of a partner for Giles.

Other? You could make a case that there is someone out there who is perfectly in sync with his ideas and a perfect match but this is all speculation. (Maybe there is someone out there who would be perfect for me but I have been married for decades so I am not about to search.)

It should have been Anya. They have so many interest in common, including their shared love of demon history and commerce. Ex-demon and Watcher has a classic 'attraction of opposites' ring about it.

Olivia is nice, and travelling 14 hours for a booty call goes above and beyond, but I don't think she enjoyed the demon fighting and I think she'd be always nagging Giles to leave the watcher lifestyle behind and go back to working at the Biritsh museum.

Giles and Anya were an interesting dynamic that would've been fun to watch, but I don't think they would've lasted that long, maybe a season at most.

I find it interesting though that the two people Giles has a "family connection" with in "Tabula Rasa" are Anya (Wife) and Spike (Son).

Sineya
I think he should have ended up with jenny, but her dying kinda put the kybosh on that......

As it turned out he probably would have ended up with a nice cup of Tea & a Jaffa Cake......

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I never cared much for Giles and Jenny. I preferred what little we saw of Giles and Olivia. I mean, I liked flustered, fuddy-duddy Giles, but I was meh about Jenny. Didn't care at all when she died and the show didn't miss her either.
Anya and Giles seemed to have a deeper connection and shared more affection. A lot of it had a father/daughter vibe tbh, but that kiss in Tabula Rasa was pretty epic. I loved what little we saw of them. I think Giles' calm and moral compass would suit Anya well. And Anya's more carefree nature and bluntness were a hilarious contrast to Giles, so I guess I prefer them.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Jenny and Giles were so cute, but she had to die for the plot. Same with Joyce, who I also think is cool to ship with Giles. So I guess nobody, as Olivia was mostly a fwb thing. Dang, that's a boring answer.

Top Bottom