• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who should have died in S7 Jonathan or Andrew?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It's a trap, if they kill Andrew than the series would of guilty of "Burying your closeted gays, maybe?" It's where a series kills a character whose is strongly suggested to be gay, just like in the 1898 film, "Un voyage de rêve dans des fermes fermées*" is killed for reasons completely unrelated to their suspected gayness, but they know. They know. Don't question it.

*"A Dream of Voyage to Shrute Farms," it's about a male dancer in the Civil War who dreams of life on an Amish Plantation, before getting shot. Truly tragic.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
To be fair the only reason Jonathan told Buffy was because he realized the other two weren’t loyal to him. It wasn’t out of attempting to be good, it was out of revenge.
Really, I never got that sense at all.
He seemed very surprised when Warren and Andrew turned out to be wearing...*sigh* rocket-packs to make their escape with. He was shocked that they were going to leave him behind, as he bitterly complains to Andrew in their shared jail cell. Andrew and Warren were going to betray him, not the other way around.

It's more likely that he saw what power was doing to Warren; quickly turning into a psychotic bully. Also Jonathan doesn't want Buffy to die, he likes her for the most part.

Meanwhile Andrew is screaming at Warren to kill her. Yeesh.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Andrew because he didn't really show that much remorse. We've seen more remorse from Jonathan. Jonathan has been with the gang longer, so the choice should've been Andrew. Andrew was suffering residual feelings for Warren in the 7th season. Jonathan disowned Warren that season.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Don't forget Gone. Jonathan was not on board with the killing Buffy thing and even wanted to save her. To a lesser extent this seemed true of Andrew as well. Jonathan even said he wasn't killing anyone, "Especially Buffy." He did get over his head later on, but I always saw him as internally conflicted rather than just a bad guy who always had an ulterior motive. Rather than power, I think Jonathan wanted accolades and what mistook as respect, but he wasn't a genuine sociopath. Self-preservation kept him with Warren for awhile, but I wasn't surprised that he helped Buffy, or that he'd later seek redemption.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Rather than power, I think Jonathan wanted accolades and what mistook as respect, but he wasn't a genuine sociopath. Self-preservation kept him with Warren for awhile, but I wasn't surprised that he helped Buffy, or that he'd later seek redemption.
I think Jonathan wanted friendship and he thought he found that with Warren and Andrew. He felt an element of peer pressure to follow them but eventually he started getting uncomfortable with what they were doing. Jonathan gave Buffy her class protector award so he had the closest relationship with her out of the trio.

katmobile

Scooby
To be fair the only reason Jonathan told Buffy was because he realized the other two weren’t loyal to him. It wasn’t out of attempting to be good, it was out of revenge.
I disagree with think it's more Jonathan had doubts since Dead Things and Warren was going to screw him over because of that and because he saw Jonathan was the week one he couldn't control. Andrew was going to follow Warren.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Kill Andrew, at least Johnathan could have been useful to the Scoobies.

kalike123

Townie
Andrew kinda sucked. He wasn't funny. He was just lame. I was very fond of Jonathon.

I didn't understand all that stuff they talked about all the time, though. I think I got one reference out of all of them. So maybe if I knew wth they were talking about, I'd have a different opinion.

Top Bottom