• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who will Xander spend eternity with in the afterlife: Dawn or Anya?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
From Matthew 22:30

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Elsewhere (Matthew 17:9-13) the Bible hints at reincarnation meaning people will reunite if they have been together before - this is what a soul mate is. Mind you, a soul mate may not be good news - if you killed your wife in a previous life, your soul mate may be back to do the same to you. What it guarantees is that you will have a connection that is immediate. Before I met my wife, I hadn't had a girlfriend for a while but I recall thinking to myself, "So this is how the drought is going to end" before I ever talked to her. And I was right.

TriBel

Scooby
I did think it was noteworthy that Buffy didn't mention Joyce being there. It does reinforce the idea of different Heavens, and maybe Buffy wasn't in the right one if her mother wasn't with her.
Also, she felt that everyone she loved was ok, but they weren't, so it was based on a lie. Whether contentment and peace are ok based on a lie is debatable. I'd rather come back and deal with the problems of life if it meant when it was over I could be with my loved ones in the Afterlife in a place built on honesty.
I knew that everyone I cared about was all right. I knew it. Time ... didn't mean anything ... nothing had form ... but I was still me, you know? (glances at him, then away) And I was warm ... and I was loved ... and I was finished. Complete. I don't understand about theology or dimensions, or ... any of it, really ... but I think I was in heaven.

Buffy only thinks she was in Heaven. What she's describing could equally be the plenitude of life in the womb...an illusionary plenitude constructed after the event. Personally, I think Joyce was Heaven.

Top Bottom