1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Who would have joined the cast post Season 5?

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by CharlieGunn1, Mar 21, 2017.

?

Who Would have Joined the Main Cast Post Season 5?

1. Eve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Willow

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Faith

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  4. Ghost WW Price

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Gwen

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  6. Nina

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Other not mentioned....

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. CharlieGunn1

CharlieGunn1 Ready for battle...

Just a little thinking about where the show might have headed had it been renewed. My personal feeling is that Faith would have been natural fit given the arc and theme of the show works for her really well.

Joan the Vampire Slayer: I agree. Faith and Angel are natural allies. They work so well together. I also would have liked to see more of Nina - but as a friend not Angel's gf.
  2. Second-hand Slayer

Second-hand Slayer Lights on or off? Kinks or vanilla?

Sineya
    Faith's probably my number one spot too. Eve probably died. I'm pretty sure Lorne said "Your future doesn't look so bright." in the finale or something on those lines. I know that technically doesn't state death as such but I'm hoping it did. Couldn't stand Gwen and don't even get me started on Nina. Pointless romance between the two..

3. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

Yes I'm voting Faith too, simply because of how good they were together in the comics and I'd have liked to have seen those stories played out on screen

Joan the Vampire Slayer: Your icon is gorgeous!
  4. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Another vote for Faith.
    She fit in so well on Angel and the show- at the time of S5- needed more strong female characters. With Cordelia dead and gone and Fred turned into a- mostly genderless- God-thing a badass super-slayer would've been great.

5. sk73

sk73 The Overlooked One

Sineya
    Nah, Faith can have her spinoff or something.

I want to see more Gwen on Angel instead.

/SK

6. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Hi, yes. I want to be on Angel too. Great minds.

7. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    - Eve probably died and wasn't a strong enough character to be a regular.
    - Nina wasn't interesting enough either and Nina would imply Nina/Angel romance and drama, which is a big no for me.
    - Gwen is kind of a jaded but naive girl who probably couldn't handle Angel's world. I don't like her very much.
    - Willow doesn't fit in with Angel. Her appearance on Orpheus was great, but it was kind of obvious that she was too perky for the show and that gloomy season in particular. She screams Sunnydale to me. I can see her as part of the cast though. Her sunny disposition could lighten the mood and a powerful witch fits right in with the Angel cast. Ats deals with more powerful forces than Buffy after all (Jasmine, the PTB, W&H, the Circle of Black Thorn).
    - The ghost of Wesley would be super depressing and ruin his death a lot. I love Wes but I think he needed to die. It was an important part of his arc - his life becoming meaningless and even absurd in season 5 with his equally meaningless death pretty much summarizing Wesley's life at that point.
    - Faith is right at home in Angel. Season 5 suffered from lack of important relationships, so her friendship with Angel would be needed. I think she's also a good influence on Angel and would make his character more interesting. Season 5 Angel was an unsuccessful corruption story, which doesn't go with the show or the character, because Angel can't be corrupted. Faith is always a reminder of what Angel should be doing - helping people like her - and of who he really is - someone who saves souls. She would make the show more like itself again.

So, my ranking of who I'd want to join the cast would be: 1. Faith 2. Willow 3. Wesley 4. Eve 5. Nina 6. Gwen.

In terms of other possible additions to the show that weren't mentioned...of the Buffy cast, Giles could be an interesting addition. He's smart and dark. He has the edge it takes to be in the show. Furthermore, with Wes gone, his watcher's knowledge would be needed. His aversion to W&H and even Angel would make his integration in the group difficult and tense. However, I think Giles would actually be good friends with Angel if he had the opportunity, so I can imagine a great story there.

GwenRaiden: I'm not naive!
    thetopher and Mylie like this.
  8. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Scooby

Kathy from BtVS 4x01 and 4x02.

She'd have been SUPER fun! But could also be a bad-ass demon if needed.

In a subplot of some random epsiode, the cast could somehow have rescued her from her hell dimension, which it turns out was truly a dreadful place - thus winning some sympathy from the audience on why she was so keen to escape it on BtVS even if she went about it wrongly. She was an outsider there, with her perky attitude and love of cheesy pop music she didn't fit it on a demon realm. Isn't that what the Buffyverse so often focussed on? Characters who didn't fit in finding their place with the Scoobies/Angel's gang?

Anyway, her strength and knowledge of demonology and realms as as well as magical powers (none of which were established previously but would be completely believable) would be a welcome addition on Angel.

Her species also have the ability to spot the presence or lack of a soul which I'm sure would occasionally be brought into use (likewise, their ability to mess with/remove/steal souls).

While being a perky funny character (filling the void from Fred but in a very different way, no comparison needed), she'd also have a good growth arc, learning to get along better with humans - something she sucked at in Buffy. I can see all the Angel crew finding her incredibly annoying at first but keeping her around because they are sympathetic to her plight and because she is useful with knowledge etc... and over time they help her learn to ditch her annoying habits and be more badass.

Also, being called Kathy (at least in her human form) and having an innocent nature would have reminded Angel of his younger sister.

Lastly, I love the idea of her previous stint in Sunnydale and knowing Buffy being something that isn't mentioned for ages (why would it be?) and only the audience being aware of it, until somebody on Angel mentions Buffy Summers and awkwardness ensues :D

Fuffy Baith: Haha! I don't thnk Angel could handle that Cher song on repeat. lol
    caitaintdead: This is so brilliant.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    CharlieGunn1 likes this.
  9. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    Faith and Oz are my top picks.

10. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Why not have Ethan Rayne escape by using magic and join the cast as an antagonist?

1. He knows his way around magic.
    2. He appeared in four episodes of BtVS, all of which were good because of him.
    3. He is a dedicated proponent of evil and a credible threat to Angel and his followers, both necessary for a villain.
    4. He is entertaining.

CharlieGunn1 likes this.
  11. CharlieGunn1

CharlieGunn1 Ready for battle...

I like it, but he'd be great as a character to bring into Wolfram and Hart, very much fits with thier rai·son d'ê·tre...

Him as a member of the team would really have injected a sort of anti Wesley feel...

12. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Surrealistic Ninja

Black Thorn
    Willow! She comes to LA after Kennedy is accidentally eviscerated and set on fire. :D

Bluebird, Zenseem and CharlieGunn1 like this.
  13. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    Season 6 would have taken place in Hell (or the Hell version of L.A.) and probably would have gone approximately like the After the Fall comics. According to that, Gwen Raiden and Groosalugg would have been the most likely old characters to come back as semi-regulars.

Anyanka Bunny Killer: I haven't read the comics
  14. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    I have no problem with the idea that Ethan Rayne would have been in the London W&H office and that he would have mounted a hostile takeover of the L.A. office. Defending evil from evil would have allowed for interesting moral dilemmas with Angel. Also, he could be a subversive element or spy sent to determine why all the members of the Circle of the Black Thorn all died on one night and exact vengeance. There would have been a lot of possible plots that would bring him in. With the Initiative closed, one episode could have been about his escape, another about his hunt for power that brought him to W&H and another about setting his sights on the L.A. office and Angel in particular.

15. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Yep me too! Can we have both? lol. Lorne left at the end of Not Fade Away and the team needs a new female, so let's throw in both Faith and Oz! I wanted them in season 5! I thought Oz could have made Nina's werewolf story better. I also did want to bring back Gwen. I was sad she wasn't in season 5.

16. Wesley Pryce

Wesley Pryce Angel Investigations

Black Thorn
    First of all lets get one thing straight concerning ghost Wesley. He was not going to die in season five if Angel would have been renewed so I would definitely vote for Wesley. Secondly even with ghost Wesley that is canon for the comics and theres an established story in the comic series.
    @ Carrie Hopewell Wesleys life is not meaningless and is certainly not absurd in season five. Sure he's lost Fred but he is grieving and will eventually be okay again. He saw Fred as a representation of the good in the world and that gave him a reason to keep fighting for the good, so he will have to find new meaning now. He did fight for a year and a half with Angel investigations before ever meeting Ms. Burkle so he believes in helping people period, Fred just gave the good he saw in people a name and a physical form.

Joan the Vampire Slayer: Wesley is probably the most interesting character in Angel; he changed the most of all the characters.
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  17. matt124

matt124 Potential

Faith 100%. Honestly she needed to be a regular on Angel or Buffy for a long time. Look at the Angel and Faith comics, and clearly she was a perfect fit for Angel's world.

Now had Eliza not done True Calling, I might make a controversial opinion. I would of put Faith in over Spike. If anyone was going to replace Cordelia as a regular, it had to be another female. Fred couldn't carry the sole female lead role alone.

I would of LOVED Willow. But really I would of liked Giles or Oz to have returned for some episodes too even not as a regular of course.

18. PaulParmar1

PaulParmar1 Team Spuffy

Sineya
    I would've loved Faith, Gwen & Nina!:)
    Would've been all great additions

19. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I'm voting Andrew, mainly because Angel and Spike would have bonded over their mutual annoyance by him. Or that Italian head of W&H, she was great with the two of them, she'd have eaten them for lunch. It might have been fun to have Wood join the cast too.

20. dcai0830

dcai0830 You spent three weeks moaning in a basement!

Black Thorn
    Voted for Nina not because i want this but because I heard Joss was going to continue that story. But if i has my pick it would be Faith or ghost Wesley.