• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who would preferred Gun sister to live instead and become regular instead of Gunn?.

Benz

Potential
I think she would made more interesting character and other female in

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Nah, I quite like Gunn as an addition to the team. His sister dying was a good push to drive him up from street gang and into apocolypse averting activities.

NeonSlayer

Potential
I would've preferred if Gunn's sister lived, Gunn stayed a main character, and Cordelia was written out.

W
WillowFromBuffy
2/3

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Nah, I quite like Gunn as an addition to the team. His sister dying was a good push to drive him up from street gang and into apocolypse averting activities.
Agreed. His sister dying was the cataylst for him maturing into a character that could fit the Angel team.

I don't feel like we knew enough about the sister for me to confidently say I would have liked her as a main character.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Nope, I liked Gunn, and his sister dying was a believable catalyst for his story and development. I do wish we would have seen a little bit more of his sister, maybe some flashbacks, so we could have understood Gunn in a more complex way.
One of my gripes about AtS is that there was not enough of a focus on Gunn's personal story. He transitioned from living on the streets to working as a corporate lawyer. At the very least we should have explored how and when he moved from being homeless to having a roof over his head. Even just a few minutes at the beginning of an episode of the gang helping him move into a new place.

brinkster130
brinkster130
I totally agree

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
In my opinion, Gunn should have stayed the Champion of his own story, popping in as one of Angel's irregulars as needed, but he should have never abandoned his neighborhood or his gang. So, I would have to say no.

LilahFan

Townie
I wouldn't change anything about that part of the Angel story. Guns character was pretty cool. I do think the sister had potential though.

Meliza

Scooby
Yes! Yes! Yes! great idea I like the idea of "Charlotte Gunn" its not secret his character developed the least, there was even a running joke about it on the show, as the nickname the muscle. In a early season Angel retrieves information from a black women detective/office person. The episode name escapes me but for being such a short scene, and never seeing this person again, the acting comes off like the two have known each other for years, I always wondered if something got cut.

A bonus would be that the physical, action oriented character being female makes Kate redundant, I mean more redundant. I also always thought Gina Torres would have made a wonderful attention the main cast playing a foil instead of a big bad.

Last edited:
J

joseph

I think she would made more interesting character and other female in
okay I never liked angel except for the Darla & Dru episodes and the ones with spike but she would be more interesting than Gunn.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think Alona was too young to be a regular, the Angel cast were all older and it was a more mature show, so while interesting I don't think she would have fit in.

NeonSlayer

Potential
I think Alona was too young to be a regular, the Angel cast were all older and it was a more mature show, so while interesting I don't think she would have fit in.
I thought Alona was near Gunn's age and he was in his 20s. Cordelia was only 18 and just 3 months out of high school in the pilot.

Or do you mean the actress who played Alona was too young?

Top Bottom