• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who's the Big Bad?

The trio were a medium sized bad, I guess. And Willow was only the big bad for three episodes. So who was the big bad? Your opinions...

Ripper 08

Life Is Just A Game
spuffy.....

no just joking, couldn't resist that :p

its a good point actually, the trio were only medium level really and dark willow was the big bad but that was only 3 episodes

i spose in reality season 6 was more based around how life can be when things go wrong, and the darkness that surrounds you in such situations

i guess what i'm trying to say is that each character had there demons in this season and maybe thats what this was about, everybody having there own personal big bad in the form of there own demons

Octavia
Octavia
Good call LOL
Yeah, life was the 'big bad' in that Buffy was fighting it every day.

Thing is, the rest of the scoobies were dealing with it too each in their own way.

I would also say that Warren near the end of the series actually transcends The Trio to become a major nasty in his own right.

yellowcrayon

Scooby
C'mon guys. The Big Bad was only there for one episode. "As You Were."

Aside from him, Warren and Willow. Perhaps the two of them together. I don't know that the Big Bad is confined to one person, so, I think it's a shared thing. Although life is another possibility.

And also, dittoes on the Spuffy thought as well.

J

JenniferAlice

Everyone was an emotional mess in s6. Season 6 was all about relationships, Spike and Buffy, Willow and Tara, Xander and Anya, and the season ended with Xander's friendship with Willow "saving the world", not Buffy. Yeah, life.

Vigeous

I've been thinking about the world...
Yeah, I think I agree that the current state of everyone's relationships would be the season's antagonist. Although, you could argue that Willow and the Trio had fulfilled that role, but technically they were not involved enough to take it. The plot had become bigger than the "Big Bad's", therefore, in my opinion, overriding that role. It's interesting why they chose to do that for this season, considering the other seasons have an antagonist right near the beginning.

IdiotJed

Glutton for punishment
The big bad was..... CLEM!!! Ahhh!!!! :yikes:

Actually:

I'll go with life as that's what the writers and directors and even Joss (I think) said it was on the DVD featurette. ;)

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
The trio weren't the Big Bad because they were so funny! Well except for Warren, he was darker than the other two.

So I agree with the above, LIFE is the big bad. Everyone was so messed up.

hannahfngrl26

Captain Forehead
Totally agree with everone. Ultimately life can really give you lemons and in the Buffyverse that means terrible things are constantly happening. I will say though that as big bads go Dark Willow is one of the best. She really can be pure evil. Scary!

T

T.I.P

I think Warren and the Trio were just like the warm up act for the real Big Bad, and that was willow(or Dark Willow) im pretty sure Joss said soething about Willow being season 6's real big bad in the extras. I really dont think ''life'' can be classed as a big bad on buffy, thats just silly.

Sweetescape

Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet.
I think there wasn't a definitive big bad in season six. I'm not sure on life being the big bad. I'd go with the trio and then dark willow becuase the trio basically caused dark willow so they are linked together kind of co big bad's together.

Crazy Flakes

Velma
There were two season-long Big Bads. The first was, as other people have stated, life...in the rest of the seasons, Buffy was always battling some kind of demon or monster or god in pretty much every episode, and in season 6, she was constantly fighting her own emotions and trying to adjust to living in the "real world."

The other Big Bad? The Doublemeat Palace penis monster, of course! The biggest, baddest Big Bad ever.

I
InsaneMystic
penis = bad, and that one was HUGE. so I agree. ^^
I completley agree with the whole life being the villian. But here's what I hate about season six. Life has always given the scoobies lemons and they usually do my favourite phrase ever, which is: When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. And sit back to watch the whole world wonder how you did it! In season six there were a hell of a lot more lemons but they just sucked on them and made sour faces.

fly on the wall

you have but-face.
It can definitely be summed up with "life", though I think each person was dealing with their own personal "Big Bad."

Buffy - depression from being ripped out of heaven, detachment, feeling as if she were "going through the motions", that whole thing with Spike.
Spike - his feelings for Buffy, wanting Buffy to love him but knowing she was only using him
Dawn - feeling abandoned and alone, kleptomania
Xander - his fears about the future with Anya
Anya - being betrayed by Xander
Willow - magic
Tara - feelings for Willow and her worry about Willow's increasing magical ability
Giles - needing to step aside for Buffy's sake, despite his own feelings

I could keep going.
So yeah, they each had their own individual Big Bad this season.

I
IdiotJed
Oh, that's good. I'll adopt that answer as my own. :D

PurplePoof

Surgeon Of Mean
I think the Trio emphasized life as the Big Bad because they were so pathetic in comparison to everything else that was going on in season 6.

And what was Dark Willow? The physical embodiment of all the troubling "life" stuff that had been going on since Buffy's resurrection...

palabravampiress
palabravampiress
Agreed! Dark Willow was sort of the embodiment of life gone bad.

Da Letter Jay

Please, just call me Jay.
Well... it's obviously Willow who was the Big Bad.

Big Bads usually are a threat in the sense that they will bring about an apocalypse.
The Master - The Harvest = Wishverse
Angelus - awakening Acathla
The Mayor - His ascension
Adam - creating a demon army
Glory - using Dawn to break the dimensional walls
The First - Wants its army to outnumber humans to gain corporeal form

Okay, so we have The Trio in Season Six. All they want to do is irritate Buffy. Eventually Warren just wants Buffy dead, but still - no apocalyptic threat.
Dark Willow comes along, and she tries to awaken Proserpexa, thus ending the world.
I see the The Trio like I see Faith in Season 3, or Spike and Dru in Season 2. They're bad guys, but not the true threat.

And Joss even said that the Trio was just a set-up for Dark Willow.

Top Bottom