• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Why Angelus didn't torment Connor?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

So I was commenting on a thread and I realised that I would love to have your opinion on this.

I was wondering if you think that Angelus should have been obsess with Connor like he was with Buffy in S2? In S4 Angel would love Connor the most and be as vulnerable to Angelus's pain as Buffy was. Also, i feel like Angelus would love to torment his own child as he never got the chance to do that before.

What do you think?

MarieVampSlayer

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
You know, that could have been very interesting. However, I understand why Angelus didn't really do anything with Connor, seeing how he made it very clear that he sees his father as a monster. Because of that, torturing his son wouldn't really be that exciting to Angelus . It's way more fun for him to do horrible things to people who knew and loved Angel.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Very good question @MarieVampSlayer ! But honestly, Season 4 Angelus didn't really do much did he? I mean he didn't kill any of Angel's friends, didn't torture anyone we know or care about, I feel like Angelus was depressed lol. Rather underwhelming characterization of Angelus compared to his Season 2 counterpart.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Angelus knows that Angel told Connor he could kill him if necessary. And though Angelus could easily take Connor, Angelus chained in a cage probably couldn't.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
We don't know how vampires would react to their actual offspring because it's never happened before. Maybe Angelus actually had some affection for Connor, especially since he's Darla's child too and Angelus did care about Darla.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
We don't know how vampires would react to their actual offspring because it's never happened before. Maybe Angelus actually had some affection for Connor, especially since he's Darla's child too and Angelus did care about Darla.
Nah I don't think Angelus really cared about Darla. He was fascinated by her, obsessed even, but I don't think he cared in any meaningful way. As for Connor, I could see Angelus contemplating turning him so they could truly wreak havoc as father and son. There's certainly a lot of rage there which would be a good foundation for making a particularly vicious vampire. It would also be an effective way of truly hurting Angel's friends/adopted family since they all helped take care of Connor as a baby.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Yeah I don’t know that “care” is the right word. Angelus seemed interested in her company for a while and then tolerant? He did leave her to die at the hands of Holtz without much thought.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yeah I don’t know that “care” is the right word. Angelus seemed interested in her company for a while and then tolerant? He did leave her to die at the hands of Holtz without much thought.
When did that happen? I remember her leaving him in barn, but I don't recall him leaving her to die at any point.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
Other way around. Darla always left Angelus to deal with Holtz. Darla is scared of dying, whereas Angelus LOVED playing with Holtz up close and personal. Holtz always captured Angelus, but never caught Darla. Holtz even comments on how Angelus is easy to capture (he also captured Angel at the Hyperion, but he had a grenade), but Darla is the slippery one. Darla only came for the rescue once because she had a team of fodder vamps and a flaming crossbow. She ran away a lot (Arles and Marseilles). Darla also ran away from fighting Angel on the rooftop in Reunion by jumping off of it.

Angelus got ditched twice and was alone to deal with Holtz three different times.

Likewise, Darla was afraid of Buffy in the mausoleum and ran off, leaving Luke to deal with her. She only came at Buffy when she thought she could get Angel to kill Buffy and thought he'd never harm her instead (her desire to be loved overrode her fear of dying). And only then when she had guns on her. The only other villains to think of going at Buffy with guns were Spike and Warren. Likewise, Angelus had a perfect opportunity to pump bullets into Faith's head, but chose not to.

Last edited:
EarthLogic
EarthLogic
Thought so. Good to know my show-memory is working ok.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
When did that happen? I remember her leaving him in barn, but I don't recall him leaving her to die at any point.

I’m talking Hearthrob. James says “we have to go back” and Angelus says no something like that. Maybe it was pre-Holtz but he left Darla then and was just concerned with saving his own ass.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I’m talking Hearthrob. James says “we have to go back” and Angelus says no something like that. Maybe it was pre-Holtz but he left Darla then and was just concerned with saving his own ass.
Nah it was mid-Holtz. James and Angelus sent Darla and Elizabeth away as Holtz was approaching. Then when they were cornered Angelus gave up Darla's location and his lack of concern annoyed James.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Nah it was mid-Holtz. James and Angelus sent Darla and Elizabeth away as Holtz was approaching. Then when they were cornered Angelus gave up Darla's location and his lack of concern annoyed James.

I literally haven’t watched Season 3 in maybe idk 5 years lol I hate it so I am not surprised I’m getting this all wrong. I go from s2 then I watch Lullaby (maybe Fredless) and then watch skip to Season 4. So sorry if I screwed this up :D

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I literally haven’t watched Season 3 in maybe idk 5 years lol I hate it so I am not surprised I’m getting this all wrong. I go from s2 then I watch Lullaby (maybe Fredless) and then watch skip to Season 4. So sorry if I screwed this up :D
No need to apologise! I've just become pretty agile at fact-checking with transcripts/shooting scripts.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Hang on, you only watch Lullaby and Fredless?! I didn't realise you hated it that much! What about the rest of the Darla/Connor arc, or Wesley's betrayal?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Hang on, you only watch Lullaby and Fredless?! I didn't realise you hated it that much! What about the rest of the Darla/Connor arc, or Wesley's betrayal?

I jump around a lot I haven’t seen the full season 3 in like 5 years of that I’m sure. I know that just a couple of months ago I force myself to watch waiting in the wings for research purposes. Other than that I jump around a lot. I do like the Connor stuff and the Wesley arc So those episodes do you get mixed in on my rewatch. But overall it’s the season I know the least about if that makes sense

And I watched birthday last night prompting my posts on the subject here

Top Bottom