• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why are all the covers so iconic but the inside basic?

tripdastati0n

Townie
the pictures on the inside are so basic and childish? I just downloaded all the comics and season 8 through 12 and the boom ones. It would be nice if the pictures inside looked like the cover. The covers are such magnificent art and the pictures inside look like cheap animations. Very misleading... :rolleyes:

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
I would imagine that the cover art is a lot more detailed, time consuming and costly. The inside art is to tell a story that can be produced and sold at a marketable rate and time schedule.

I think a comic with all cover art type graphics would take too long to make and would be too expensive to sell.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think it's usually a different artist that does the covers as well

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
In addition, the Art Style used for Covers would take a lot longer to produce a comic with. It's why Alex Ross does countless covers, but his roles as illustrator are limited. Granted, each issue of Marvels, Kingdom Come and Justice are worth ten normal comics each, but, you need a easier art style to work with. For another example, see the covers for Dragon Ball as opposed to the interior artwork, but both are Torimaya. For related example, it's why the opening of Thundercats was this awesome action packed hyper animated fight, but most episodes are guys standing around talking at each other.

Top Bottom