• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why did Cordelia cut her hair?

Tez

Townie
ive never been able to figure that out I mean her hair towards the end of season 3 was awful and not Cordy at all but before that on season 2 I feel like her long hair was part of her charecter even after the "new me" changed also they made a big deal over her hair earlier in the season then one day she cuts it all off and no one mentions it

Tez

Townie
ive never been able to figure that out I mean her hair towards the end of season 3 was awful and not Cordy at all but before that on season 2 I feel like her long hair was part of her charecter even after the "new me" changed also they made a big deal over her hair earlier in the season then one day she cuts it all off and no one mentions it

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
If I am not mistaken, she asked to be able to get her hair cut. Under the terms of her contract, she was not allowed to make changes to her appearance without getting Joss' approval first. They agreed and she got it done. I preferred her with long hair, but I didn't get a vote in this. As for it not showing up in the story, the scripts would have been done by then.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
She cut her hair and dyed it blonde so she could become Saint!Cordy. Less sexy, more mature, more mom like. I think it looked pretty bad and maybe that was the point? Maybe we were supposed to think she didn't care about her looks anymore? Who knows Season 3 of AtS ... so much I still don't understand.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Is there a duplicate of this post? I thought I responded but not here strange.... anyway what I said was:

She cut her hair and dyed it blonde so she could become Saint!Cordy. Less sexy, more mature, more mom like. I think it looked pretty bad and maybe that was the point? Maybe we were supposed to think she didn't care about her looks anymore? Who knows Season 3 of AtS ... so much I still don't understand.

BuffMarsters

Townie
Yeah, that’s what I figured too. To me she didn’t seem like Cordelia with the shorter hair. The longer hair definitely suited her character more.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I kinda thought they made her blonde as part of the joke of Angel liking blondes (Darla and Buffy), which I think Cordelia mentioned in one episode of Angel (before she changed her hair color). Or maybe they even decided Cordelia would know that and so, in character, made herself blonde to attract him without actually mentioning anything so awkward.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
The two threads were merged, so you guys know, as there were posts in both. :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
...they made a big deal over her hair earlier in the season then one day she cuts it all off and no one mentions it
Her haircut was mentioned in The Shroud of Rahmon:

Wesley: What happened to your hair?
Cordelia: Excuse me?
Wesley: Your hair. It's new...it's great! When did this happen?
Cordelia: Ten days ago.
Wesley: Of course! I didn't want to embarrass you by...
Cordelia: ...noticing?

Andreana22

Potential
I'm watching Buffy and Angel for the first time and loved her hair until she cut it in s2e9 The Shroud of Rahmon. So she cuts it even shorter and colors it blonde in season 3? I saw the photos from the 20th reunion. Looks like she went back to her original style.

Grace
Grace
I remember watching that ep for the first time and being like, OH, CORDY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HAIR?????????

NeddaSai

Potential
I think Charisma just wanted a change.. it had nothing to do with Cordelia

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
You could see it as Cordelia feeling out of sorts for some reason (because of 'feelings for Angel') and so trying to change things about herself in order to fix her mood.

Of course Cordelia has always been one of those 'I know who I am and what I want' characters so its not really that credible an explanation, but it could've been the writers doing some sort of meta-commentary on her character. She's changing outwardly to reflect her inward struggle?

Her haircut was mentioned in The Shroud of Rahmon:
Ah, I remember that one. The very first of the bad haircut experiments.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Yeah I just assumed that it was something CC did in real life and they just worked it into the show. The only other reason I can think is maybe they thought the hair made her look more grown up.

Top Bottom