• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why didn’t Buffy get Riley gang to help?.

Benz

Potential
I wonder why Buffy didit get Riley and his gang to help?.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I assumed it was because she knew he was on a mission overseas. But really, for as big of a battle as it was, they didn't bring in many backups, guess they figured all the new slayers would be enough.

white avenger

white avenger
The question is, why wasn't Buffy trying to get help from any source available? Angel and his crew should have been there, as well as every benevolent demon in Southern California. The Watchers' Tactical teams weren't blown up with their headquarters in London, and there should have been at least a few surviving Watchers who had been training those Potentials. Where were all those people?

As for Riley's people, I'm pretty sure that no military team would have moved into Sunnydale and put themselves under Buffy's command.

Benz

Potential
Also it’s shame Buffy didit know about charmed ones as Piper/Phoebe/Paige could help and Giles could step in time mince and gotton Hercules and Xena to help. !.

Let’s not forgot Harry Potter and all there wizards.

NeonSlayer

Potential
Slayers are paranormal creatures; human-demon hybrids with two spirits within them and have prophetic dreams, visions, ancestral memory, psychic intuition, accelerated healing, excess strength, speed, reflexes, & stamina.

Buffy knows the US gov imprisoned & experimented on paranormal creatures (invisible people, mystics, demons, vampires, werewolves).

What would stop the US gov from imprisoning all of the Potentials?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Because the government and military are masculine patriarchy and S7 is all about grrl empowerment.

But...In reality would the government really believe something about a subterranean army beneath California? How long would it take them to beleive such a thing? Would they understand 'other dimensional ultimate evil?
Maybe The First would just have more people to manipulate and get to do its bidding. Showing up as some four-star general's dead wife and saying that he should drone strike the ghost town of Sunnydale? Possible right?

Buffy had surprise on her side, to attack before the First was ready with its army. Contacting Riley and co may have tipped their hand and led the First to strike...um, first!

That's what I got.

white avenger

white avenger
Also it’s shame Buffy didit know about charmed ones as Piper/Phoebe/Paige could help and Giles could step in time mince and gotton Hercules and Xena to help. !.

Let’s not forgot Harry Potter and all there wizards.
If we're gonna go that route, let's go for the big guns. Get the Macleods and all of their Immortal friends, and definitely Blade should have a piece of the action.

And maybe Buffy really should have called the Ghostbusters. like Spike suggested.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Second Front.

Well, the Government only sees Demons as exotic life forms that seep into our world. The Government probably doesn't understand the full extent of the Old Ones, Magicks, Eldritch Worlds and the like. I don't recall anyone in season four knowing about the Hellmouth. Now, that's no excuse for any supernatural organization. But Season 7 was about female empowerment, not the power of friendship. Also, I'm tired of making excuses for Season 7, it wasn't that well planned out.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Also, I'm tired of making excuses for Season 7, it wasn't that well planned out.
I always thought they kind of retconned what the hellmouth was. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought it was meant to be the weak point between different dimensions that gives off energy hence why vampires and demons flock to it but also why there was that tentacle thing trying to come out of it. It gives off bad vibes hence why so many churches in Sunnydale because it makes people "pray harder". Also in Season 2, Spike said about the hellmouth energy helping to restore Dru. Glory's plan to use the key would've also caused a similar effect where other dimensions bleed into reality and things come out of the portal eg the dragon.

In Season 7, it is essentially a large cavern underground full of turok han. If Buffy and co had killed them all without destroying the town, does that mean that hellmouth is now empty? That doesn't seem like much of a threat in comparison to how it was described in earlier seasons.

Angel6
Angel6
Totally agree. Lots of retcons in later seasons, including the Vampire/Soul dynamic. It goes from being incredibly clear where the line is between souled and unsouled to incredibly grey and vague.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I agree with you, the Hellmouth was always protrayed as an mostly closed dimensional rift, a place of power, a gate to the underworld, and if it were to open, the Great Old Ones could re-enter the world. But in all fairness, protraying hell as a deep cavern under the Earth is a very old idea. But it is inconsistent with everything we have been told for six seasons.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
They werent much help against Adam. I dont blame her for keeping them out of a bigger fight. She understood her slayers but couldnt have trained nor understood the actions of the army. I am glad there was no gun power.

AngelBuffy

Townie
a better question is why didn't buffy just blow up the hellmouth again like the school in season 3.

all they needed to do was drop bombs and blow the super vampires up and the school again

I guess it won't be as epic but still. logic is needed.

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
The army soldiers nearly were all killed by demons because of Adam so..... I don't think they would have been much useful against the Turok army who are primitive vampires that could have soooo easily kill Buffy in "Bring On The Night".

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
You know, it occurs to me. Sam claimed Riley's team had a "Shaman." Why wasn't he screaming about being devoured?

Top Bottom