• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why didn’t Buffy killed Drusilla in crush and don’t say because it was not in script.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
No, no. Buffy was still recovering from the cattle prod. Buffy, even in season five, isn't in-vunerable, and Dru is still a deadly adversary, and fighting her requires preparation. She really just wanted to punch Spike in the face and go home. Also, plot armor.
Drusilla had the upper hand against Buffy while Buffy was tied up, and could've easily took Buffy out, which is why I said what I said.

burrunjor

Potential
My question is why couldn't Drudilla kill Buffy considering she killed Kendra?
Buffy had overcome her vulnerability to hypnosis when slaying the Master in season 1, who was both a more powerful hypnotist and stronger than Dru anyway.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Drusilla used thrall on Kendra, first off. Second, she never tried to kill Buffy in Crush, partly because she wanted Spike to do it (canon) and partly because of her psychic powers (fanon).
Dru gets her chains off and goes for Buffy. Buffy defeats her with a headscissors (while chained) so Dru then hits her with a plank of wood. She then grabs head before Spike arrives and throws her off and un chains Buffy. Dru then says even she can't help Spike and leaves.
Buffy just stands and watches then Harmony shows and leaves while doing some unfunny one liners. Again Buffy watches. She then punches Spike and leaves her self.

Sadly the truth seems to be Fury couldn't be bothered or couldn't think of a reason. So he didn't even try. Which given its Dru's last non flashback episode. It's kind of sad.

Last edited:

vampmogs

Potential
I still don't see an issue with this. Buffy is surrounded by 3 vampires, 2 of whom are powerful adversaries. Dru just severely knocked the wind out of her with the plank of wood (Buffy is coughing as she's unchained - not to mention Dru landing a pretty hefty blow to her head as well) and she narrowly escaped with her life. If I were Buffy, I wouldn't looking to pick a fight either. It was a close call and I think Buffy would've just been relieved for it to be over with. Chasing after Dru will lead to another confrontation which puts Buffy's life at risk again and Buffy would be picking a fight when she's not 100%. Sometimes it's just smarter to play it safe and live to fight another day.

It's just never bothered me. Ditto for Buffy letting Spike flee in Halloween. Yes, when she spell broke she completely kicked his ass but she was also just snapping out of a pretty disorientating and "creepy" spell wherein, according to her and Xander, they felt trapped and helpless inside their own bodies and couldn't break through. Buffy was mere seconds away from being killed by Spike. I can completely understand why in that episode she was happy to let Spike flee without hunting him down as she still regained her composure and found her bearings again.

Last edited:
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Also in Halloween, there were a bunch of kids present.

Btvs fan

Scooby
I still don't see an issue with this. Buffy is surrounded by 3 vampires, 2 of whom are powerful adversaries. Dru just severely knocked the wind out of her with the plank of wood (Buffy is coughing as she's unchained - not to mention Dru landing a pretty hefty blow to her head as well) and she narrowly escaped with her life. If I were Buffy, I wouldn't looking to pick a fight either. It was a close call and I think Buffy would've just been relieved for it to be over with. Chasing after Dru will lead to another confrontation which puts Buffy's life at risk again and Buffy would be picking a fight when she's not 100%. Sometimes it's just smarter to play it safe and live to fight another day.

It's just never bothered me. Ditto for Buffy letting Spike flee in Halloween. Yes, when she spell broke she completely kicked his ass but she was also just snapping out of a pretty disorientating and "creepy" spell wherein, according to her and Xander, they felt trapped and helpless inside their own bodies and couldn't break through. Buffy was mere seconds away from being killed by Spike. I can completely understand why in that episode she was happy to let Spike flee without hunting him down as she still regained her composure and found her bearings again.
But that doesn't explain why Angel just stood there and did nothing in Halloween :)

In Crush Buffy seemed fine though and there is literally a comedy skit with Harmony strsight away and Buffys rolling her eyes like this is all normal thing. I think it's more a Fury thing though as I don't think Fury has ever been any great with endings imo.

vampmogs

Potential
Angel wasn't standing there and doing nothing in Halloween. He was being restrained by Spike's henchmen.

He lets Spike run too but his first priority is checking on Buffy to make sure she's ok. The way they're drawn straight to each other is even highlighted in that scene by Xander and Cordelia ("Excuse me? My lips were moving... I was standing right here..." "Give it up, Cordy. Never going to get between those two. Believe me, I know")

Antho

Scooby
I’m little disappointed that’s Dru last appearance on both shows. I mean if we don’t include The first as Dru and the flashbacks on Angel. I think she could have made an appearance on Angel season 5. After that episode we clearly don’t know what she has become.

Btvs fan

Scooby
I’m little disappointed that’s Dru last appearance on both shows. I mean if we don’t include The first as Dru and the flashbacks on Angel. I think she could have made an appearance on Angel season 5. After that episode we clearly don’t know what she has become.
And those Season 5 appearances were as an object for Spike and Angelus to fight over in Destiny and then as part of a joke after having a 3 some with Darla and The Immortal in TGIQ

burrunjor

Potential
I understand that frustration but to be fair the same is true of most big bads. Once they are dead, they are dead. The Master only has 4 appearances after Prophecy Girl, The Mayor has just 3, Glory has just one, Adam has just one.

Another way to look at it is that Dru is the only Big Bad to still be on the loose. She wasn't killed, chipped, ensouled. Technically she is the most successful.

YummySushiPJs

Scooby
Considering this was her major Season 2 nemesis, and the vamp who killed her friend (Kendra), Buffy isn't too bothered about Druscilla being there and/or letting her go. She seemed to be more interested in punching Spike in the face.

I can buy that Buffy felt she wasn't in the best shape to take Dru on, there's also the added factor of Spike, who still cared deeply about Dru and his reaction to Buffy trying to kill her cannot be predicted. I can buy that she felt it was best not to try and kill her at this point.

But I hate that, whatever the reason is, it's not shown on screen. Whilst not everything on TV has to be spelled out, some things DO deserve an explanation. It DOES come across that Buffy simply lets Dru walk out and isn't especially bothered about it. Some sort of inner conflict/explanation should have been included.

B
Btvs fan
Not just Drusilla but Harmony as well.

Benz

Potential
Spike couldn’t help Drusilla even he wanted due to his chip.

Trepkos

Townie
I wonder if she just felt sorry for Drusilla (and Harmony) because Spike had treated them both (all) so poorly. Some kind of female solidarity.

Angel6
Angel6
That’s exactly what I got from it at the time, she was totally disgusted by the way he had behaved towards them both. Girl power!
YummySushiPJs
YummySushiPJs
That's interesting. I had never picked up on that. On my next rewatch I'll view it with that in mind.

Serenityrose

Townie
Well the practical reason is obviously the writers love Dru. They don't want to kill her off. (I'm glad lol)

My personal fan wank is that knowing how Angelus broke Dru, it muddies thing. Dru was a victim, she's also an evil vampire. It's more complicated because Buffy is more aware of the backstory.

Antho

Scooby
My personal fan wank is that knowing how Angelus broke Dru, it muddies thing. Dru was a victim, she's also an evil vampire. It's more complicated because Buffy is more aware of the backstory.
I don’t think This enters in consideration in Buffy’s eyes. She knows that Vampires were humans once upon a time and of course many of them were good humans.. but she still does her job and slay them because now there are soulless vampires.

Serenityrose

Townie
Angel: I did a lot of unconscionable things when I became a vampire. (turns back, but doesn't make eye contact) Drusilla was the worst. She was... an obsession of mine. She was pure and sweet and chaste...
Buffy: And you made her a vampire.
Angel: First I made her insane. (looks at her) Killed everybody she loved. Visited every mental torture on her I could devise. (Buffy looks away) She eventually fled to a convent, and on the day she took her holy orders, I turned her into a demon.
Buffy: Well. I asked for the truth

I could see how learning all those details of Dru's torment, Seeing Angels guilt over it.. could leave an impression on her. Again that's my rationale for it.

The show has never told us why she lets Dru live, other than when she made a deal with Spike in season 2, so it's all speculation.

Any theory is as good as the other, I guess.

Antho

Scooby
I could see how learning all those details of Dru's torment, Seeing Angels guilt over it.. could leave an impression on her. Again that's my rationale for it.
I respect your opinion 😉 but I don’t think Buffy’s personality is like that. She killed Angel because it’s what she had to do to save the world. And she was deeply in love with him. Sure, Buffy is sensible to the story of Drusilla, who won’t be ?, but I don’t think that would prevent her to do her duty and stop Drusilla to do more damages. But Again I respect your theory. It is totally receivable.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think myself that Buffy didn't want to get into a fight that she couldn't win . She was a bit out of it & instead of fighting like that
just walked away . That why she lasted as long as she did . Buffy knew when to pick her battles .

Top Bottom