• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why do so many people dislike Tara?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Plus Tara had been around for close to 3 seasons. That pretty long for a supportive character. So she had to go.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
her facial expressions
Tara's wonky smile was quite annoying.

Later on in the show, she became more palatable...in fact, I began to enjoy her scenes. Like the one where she messes with Spike about his "cramp" and the one where she stays over to keep an eye on Dawn.
When Tara jokes and messes about, you can see glimpses of a great character starting to emerge, but then she and Willow engage in baby talk and it's like "for god's sake, you're both grown women!"

However, her nagging Willow about magic was super annoying and rather controlling. She knew Willow was a witch from the beginning....and who is SHE to decide what's "too much" magic?
I agree. Plus she was the one who got Willow into trying to push her limits. If we go with the "magic = drugs" analogy that Season 6 tried to push, the Tara was the one who was encouraging Willow to try stronger stuff.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Tara's wonky smile was quite annoying.

I thought Tara wonky smile was cute my

When Tara jokes and messes about, you can see glimpses of a great character starting to emerge, but then she and Willow engage in baby talk and it's like "for god's sake, you're both grown women!"

I thought that was very payful myself.

I agree. Plus she was the one who got Willow into trying to push her limits. If we go with the "magic = drugs" analogy that Season 6 tried to push, the Tara was the one who was encouraging Willow to try stronger stuff

True but Tara never used it on Willow

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"
I thinks it's because of her character, she's quiet, she doesn't talk, they don't find her interesting or she's boring and maybe because she's more Willow 's girlfriend, I can see why people think of her as a boring/not interesting character even if I like her and love/ship Tillow.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I don't understand people who don't like Tara's smile, it's the cutest thing! I get the baby talk but it's not exclusive to Tara, you have to blame Willow for it too! Plus you might not like it for you but I thought it suited their relationship well because they were both so sweet and innocent like child at the beginning. But I love Tara so what do I know!

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
Never got the impression she's disliked by a significant group within fandom since I joined it a couple of years ago. By my perception, there are two major factions: One who idealizes Tara to the sky and considers her a sacred cow, and another, bigger one who couldn't care less whether Tara exists or, respectively, considers her as Willow's narrational appendix-> utterly uninteresting and sallow on her own. Scattered, in between, are some irrational haters, critics and level-headed fans who consider her to be an actual human being with imperfections, strengths, weaknesses etc..

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I love Tara, mainly because Amber Benson is so beautiful to look at. That face!!! 😍

I WISH they'd made her evil for a time. Dark Tara would've been amazing to watch.

I wish @Blair was here so we could stalk mess with Amber on Twitter again! 😈

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
that was so...um sweet? 🤪

NeddaSai

Potential
They do? I always felt she was one of the favorites with no significant amount of hate. You either like her or just don't care..

Top Bottom