• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why Do We Love Nathan Fillion?

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
So you love Nathan Fillion. Well, sister and/or brother, get in line: So does everyone else. Why? The obvious answer to "Why do we love Nathan Fillion?" could also describe a number of other attractive, talented actors (namely, he is both attractive and talented). These statements are both deliciously accurate, but fail to address the core issues at the center of his célébrité. Perhaps I shouldn't ask why we love Fillion, but rather why we still love him: Why haven't we reached a saturation point with him yet? In my mind, there are four aspects to our collective love of Nathan Fillion, each of which both informs his mad staying power and is in some way reflective of society as a whole.
Read the entire article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/writersroom/8322-Why-Do-We-Love-Nathan-Fillion
First of all, that picture is some funny shit. WTH is he doing with that fish?! I don't wanna know.

Secondly: "Someone out there fell in love with our guy in 1994, as Joey Buchanan on One Life To Live. (That someone wins.)" That someone is me!! I remember when I first saw him on Buffy, I screamed "that's Joey Buchanan!!" LOL.

And please, someone, I beg of you, give us a NF icon! :)

Z
zobothehobo
I was watching Buffy at my mom's and she came in and was like "Hey! That's the guy that played Joey way back when! And OOH that's old Kendal!" I was like "yes mom, your former soap stars are on Buffy." haha

GrrArghx

No touching my clipboard!
I swear, the first thing that came to mind when I read the title is: "Because you can see him butt-naked in an episode of Firefly!" LOL :p

But seriously, I didn't get all his popularity before because the only thing I had ever seen him in was Buffy. That was a great role, yeah, but a short one. Then I watched Firefly and understood why he has such a huge fanbase, lol. He really is talented! :)

I haven't watched any of his other shows though.

sisterofmercy

Ray of Sunshine..
He was great in Desperate Housewives, though I can never remember what happened to him in the end.

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
I swear, the first thing that came to mind when I read the title is: "Because you can see him butt-naked in an episode of Firefly!" LOL :p
LMFAO!!!! Oh that is great..... LOL

I love Nathan 'cause of his orneriness. :) He plays characters with a twinkle in his eye, and I think that's just adorable.

Username

Scooby
Because he is very handsome, and he was in Slither, one of the best funny horror movies ever! If you haven't seen it, you have to see it! it's awesome :D

In a business that can breed monster egos from actors, Fillion is a breath of fresh air.

What I find so endearing and HOT about the man is how he never takes himself seriously. Someone here mentioned his OLTL stint as Joey B.
Fillion had NEVER disowned his soap opera past, which is a rarity.

Not only does he speak fondly of it, the man went back and played the role for Asa Buchanan's memorial in 2007....PURE AWESOMENESS!

Only recall that happening one other time...

Actress Julianne Moore also returned to the soap that started her career earlier this year.

As the World Turns, since the show was ending in September.

And yes, Slither is fun horror comedy!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Wow, reviving a 7 year dusty thread, that's the oldest one yet, I think :)

My reasons don't need to be said, it's pretty obvious right? It began with his hilarious turn as Johnny in Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizzeria, though :D

When I first saw S7, my reaction was "It's Johnny!"

white avenger

white avenger
Frankly, once I heard of his abuse and bullying of Stana Katic, his costar on "Castle," I have little use for the man. A shame, too, since I have previously really enjoyed his performance in anything he ever did.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Frankly, once I heard of his abuse and bullying of Stana Katic, his costar on "Castle," I have little use for the man. A shame, too, since I have previously really enjoyed his performance in anything he ever did.
I have a hard time believing that, so I don't let it ruin anything, personally.

white avenger

white avenger
I have a hard time believing that, so I don't let it ruin anything, personally.
I didn't want to believe it, either, but it came form several different sources. Either everyone in the cast conspired to lie, or there was truth in the rumor. It says a lot for Stana's ability as an actress that she didn't let it show in any way in the episodes.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've never heard a word of this! I have to look this up immediately, if true that's terrible!

Top Bottom