• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why do you love Spuffy?

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
For all the Spuffy fans why do you love them?
I love how they had such a journey. In S2 they started out as mortal enemies who both wanted each other dead. In S4 they became somewhat friends and allies. In S5 they had the build up to their relationship. In S6 they had a sexual but iconic relationship and S7 they had the loving and romantic relationship ship.
I loved how Spike fought for Buffy and sacrificed his life for Buffy and became a hero for the love of his life. Buffy got the love she always wanted, needed and deserved and even in S8 - S11 they've shown their beautiful relationship.
Why do you love them and do you have a fav season for them?
My fav season was Season 7 for Spuffy. It was so loving, passionate and rewarding.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I too love them for their journey. Their story is unique and iconic. I love the chemistry that rolls off the two characters. The sassy banter between them is so much fun. They are my OTP because they are originals.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Spuffy is just inspiring. It's a classic redemption story. Spike's devotion to Buffy is always changing in its form but still constantly evident. And it may have proved the closeness of the relationship between love and hate but it also demonstrated how much it takes to go from one to the other. Spike went through absolutely everything to become the man she deserved. Also, they are stronger together, they complement each other's good and bad qualities, and they have the ability to raise each other up whenever needed.

Stoney

Spiked!
Spike is my favourite character and I love his progression through the show/comics and so much of that is tied to his relationship with Buffy and the development of their relationship. Season 6 and 5 are my favourite of the tv show but I always tend to think of S7 as the second half of S6 because of how it positively follows the sixth season and brings the characters and their relationships further. And this continues in the comics as we see them grow, change and reach forwards. S6 & 5 may hold a special place for me but I'd never want to dismiss where the stories go on to afterwards, and are still continuing. The depth we get into these characters through seeing their journeys is the best thing about BtVS and looking at where Spuffy began through to where it has gone is incredible. They really have changed, challenged and strengthened each other. It's amazing to see two characters impact each other so much and create such an incredibly complex and deep relationship.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
Buffy and Spike have always been an interesting relationship, as @Puppet mentions above. It's the constantly changing dynamic between them that makes them such a magnetic pairing.

I think Spike suits Buffy more as an adult, after she has gone through some of the hardships we see her face through the series. By the time we reach S7, he has grown into someone she can trust, confide in, and rely on (not an easy feat for two people who started off as mortal enemies). And of course for Spike, his hatred for, obsession toward, and eventually love for Buffy causes him to go through one of the most interesting, and in my opinion, moving arcs of the series.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I like the saying, "The devil sometimes speaks the truth, while goodness always hides behind soft lies." Spike is clearly a problematic character, but he does spout a lot of truth. He is the anthesis to the modern and the postmodern. Not brains, just burning blood :p

There is a lot of Spike in Buffy, but when she wakes up in s6, that is mostly gone. Spike helps her get her fire back. Then he shows her that fire burns, which is sad, but inevitable I guess.

Priceless

Scooby
I loved Buffy throughout the early seasons, but I never felt invested in Bangel, it seemed very soapy and overly dramatic for me and I wasn't upset to see Angel move to his own show. Riley seemed sweet, but not what Buffy needed long term.

I liked Spike as soon as I saw him, he was entertaining, he was hot and he had chemistry with everyone her interacted with. I liked how he and Buffy worked together in S2 and I liked that when he returned in S3 he was shown to have insight and understanding into Buffy that no-one else had.

I loved these two characters as individuals, but together they are amazing. I love their banter, their understanding of each other, they way they worked together and the way they changed each other. They came to rely on each other totally, and even when Buffy said she could never trust him, she trusted him with her most beloved sister. I love that Buffy can be totally herself with Spike, she doesn't have to conform to any particular way of being, he accepts her completely for who she it. He is her guardian, her second in command, she's come to value and trust him above all others. He is happy to let her lead, but never feels she doesn't value him. For Spike, Buffy became his moral compass, she gave his life a meaning above that of being a vampire, she forced him to mature and change and move toward the light and become more man than monster.

They aren't the perfect couple. They disagree, they annoy each other, they can be angry with each other, they are forced to compromise for each other, but by S11 they are a mature couple who can now deal with their issues without drama. In S10 Spike wanted to split up, thinking he was holding Buffy back and being a burden to her, but Buffy simply said No, that no matter how difficult it was, or how bad it got, the good always outweighed the bad and the bad times were worth going through because when it was good, it was the best. I liked that.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I agree with you completely on all points. I really did like Bangel at first but then by S3 you knew they weren't meant to be. They lost their physical/initimacy relationship , they had different goals. Angel couldn't give Buffy what she wanted.

Buffy and Riley are cute and he had devotion to Buffy but he was mere placeholder. For me they were super cute but they just got too boring by S5 which is why I was in love from Spuffy since it came.

Spuffy isn't the perfect relationship but no relationship in real life that survives is perfect. They're real. They go through real problems and Spike is the one for Buffy.
Buffy needed someone like Spike who complements her well. Spike is hot, charismatic and loving.
I just am obsessed with Spuffy.

Spuffy freak

Potential
Every point is already said and I agree with every point. I too love the graph of their relationship so different, unique and passionate. They never got boring and repetitive that's why I feel the moment for which every Spuffy fan is waiting for is not going to happen on another death-bed situation and might just happen very casually cuz no one moment of Spuffy was ever repeated.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Yes exactly!!! Buffy and Riley got very repetitive and boring and so did Bangel by the 3rd season while Spuffy can go on and on with new story, different moments etc. As shown through the shows & comics they're a dynamic relationship and balance each other so well.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Buffy and Spike have always been an interesting relationship, as @Puppet mentions above. It's the constantly changing dynamic between them that makes them such a magnetic pairing.

I think Spike suits Buffy more as an adult, after she has gone through some of the hardships we see her face through the series. By the time we reach S7, he has grown into someone she can trust, confide in, and rely on (not an easy feat for two people who started off as mortal enemies). And of course for Spike, his hatred for, obsession toward, and eventually love for Buffy causes him to go through one of the most interesting, and in my opinion, moving arcs of the series.

I really do agree on this both Spike and Buffy evolve so much and their romance transforms too from S2 - S7 it's one of the most compelling stories in BTVS.

Priceless

Scooby
I really hope Buffy is going to say ILY and Spike is going to believe her in the last issue of S11. The Bangel-fans seem to think it's inevitable and I wish I was so certain. I still have that little bit of doubt :( But I will be incredibly happy if (when) it happens :D

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I really hope Buffy is going to say ILY and Spike is going to believe her in the last issue of S11. The Bangel-fans seem to think it's inevitable and I wish I was so certain. I still have that little bit of doubt :( But I will be incredibly happy if (when) it happens :D
I totally do too . I also want to see a Spuffy wedding happen finally in S12. That would be amazing and Buffy would deserve it.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Well I thought the writers were screaming at us that it would happen when she was about to say it after leaving camp and Spike told her to wait. As in Spike telling her to wait= the writers telling us to wait. So I'm not worried.

Priceless

Scooby
Well I thought the writers were screaming at us that it would happen when she was about to say it after leaving camp and Spike told her to wait. As in Spike telling her to wait= the writers telling us to wait. So I'm not worried.
Hope that means just wait till the end of the season lol, and no longer. I wish Spike hadn't stopped her saying it. There is no way he can't believe her now, after all that's happened this season.

I totally do too . I also want to see a Spuffy wedding happen finally in S12. That would be amazing and Buffy would deserve it.
Buffy definitely deserves to be happy. I don't need to see a wedding, but I am wondering about a Spuffy baby :D

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Hope that means just wait till the end of the season lol, and no longer. I wish Spike hadn't stopped her saying it. There is no way he can't believe her now, after all that's happened this season.

Buffy definitely deserves to be happy. I don't need to see a wedding, but I am wondering about a Spuffy baby :D
Spuffy wedding for S12 and Spuffy baby for S13 .
So many endless possibilities with them .

Top Bottom