1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why do you love Vi the Vampire Slayer?

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by Joshua, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

Of all the potentials Vi was the most well recieved and is considered a fan favorite. But why did you love her?

2. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

I think it helps that she was played by Felicia Day, who is popular and the only 'potential' that I can think of who went on to do anything else. Also Vi is quite a shy character who lacked confidence, which is endearing when compared to some of the other potentials who were a bit over-confident.

Puppet: Took the words right outta my mouth :D
    Puppet likes this.
  3. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    I think Vi & Amanda were the only ones that were given the chance to build any kind of character out of the group of potentials (Apart from Ken of course, but that was for a different reason). It's hardly really surprising as it's been said that they used to go to a local acting school & 'borrow' a group of girls each time they needed a group shot of potentials....& that it was rarely the same lot.

4. Athene

Athene Scooby

It's mainly because of Felicia Day, similarly I liked and remembered Chloe because the actress who played Chloe was already known to me from 'Lizzie McGuire':D
    None of the potentials were really developed much at all (least of all Vi).

Puppet likes this.
  5. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I would have said Amanda was the most well received and popular.... I mean I liked Vi and I love Felicia Day, but I don't love Vi because of Felicia Day or vice versa. Vi was definitely one of the better non-developed Potentials in the group. I adored Amanda though.

I do have a massive girl-crush on Felicia Day in general though. ;)

Puppet: God, me, too! She's the darlingest to ever darling! And a fellow, proud, geek!
    Puppet likes this.
  6. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    Well I actually wanted Vi and Amanda to live, so that puts them above all the other potentials. And actually Vi is underused but Felicia Day just steals the show. Amanda's development on the other hand is very interesting and entertaining and it was a shame she died.

Puppet likes this.
  7. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Amanda, Vi and Chao-ahn were my top 3 favourite potentials. As @Priceless said, they lacked confidence, or in other words, they acted like girls who were a little freaked out because they'd just been told some big evil was out to get them. It's almost like watching pre-season 1 Buffy as they have to learn and hone their skills. Chao-ahn also had funny scenes with Giles as they tried to communicate with each other whilst unable of speaking the same language.

Kennedy came in like a know it all who started throwing her weight around and nobody likes that.

Amanda and Vi show humility, they know Buffy is, and respect her for being, far more experienced and knowledgeable in the field of slaying than they are. All Kennedy tried to do was insert her opinion wherever she saw an opportunity.

Puppet, Zenseem and Priceless like this.
  8. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

Did Chao-Ahn survive The Hellmouth?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 20, 2017 ---
    Also I have a question, was it Vi who was killing the vampire monster that stabbed Buffy? I saw a potential strangling a vampire behind Buffy falling after being stabbed. it's during the "keep the line together drive them to the edge we can't let them-" scene

9. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Apparently yes.

I don't know on that one.

10. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Was it the chicken or the egg? Felicia's fame comes from her instant likeability. I have never been interested in online gaming, but for some reason, I have always been very aware of who she is.