• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why does everyone agree that Tara is Willow's soulmate?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think Tara was a lot better because all Willow & Oz did was go on dates . Willow & Tara were living together for a number
of months raising Dawn & doing pretty well . IMO I think things started going down hill after they brought Buffy back &
Willow got her first taste of real power .

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Well, Tara and Willow were slightly older when they moved in together. But I certainly agree about Willow going downhill. Although Tara had concerns back in season five about how powerful Willow was becoming. I guess Tara knew how dangerous it is to become addicted to magic whereas Willow didn't really know about it. I guess that's when it started taking over more- becoming an addiction.
When Tara got brain fried, Willow was already preparing herself to look after Tara forever. I thought it was so cute when Willow said "I will always find you" when Tara went back to normal.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Tara had grown up with magic knowing the good & bad parts while Willow just learned on the go so that proubly why
Willow go addicted to it & I agree that scene was very cute & touching .

Btw Amber did a great performance of being brain fried .

ChaseRules

Sineya
I blame Giles a bit for what happened to Willow . Tara was too close to Willow to be a good teacher
but Giles wasn't.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I guess Giles showed concern but he didn't actually do anything. He was a bit useless in season six. Well, up and leaving and all.
Tara said herself that Willow had already over taken her in such a short amount of time when it came to power.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I agree & when Willow started doing magic he should have done something. If he had Willow then maybe she wouldn't
have become addicted to magic & then Tara & Willow wouldn't have broken up in the first place.

Its Xander

Scoobie
Hi,
I'm new here and watching Buffy for the first time. I'm currently watching the final season (season 7). I think it's the best TV show ever made for many reasons (I won't go into detail) but after "Seeing Red" in season 6 I can't stop feeling depressed about Tara's death and could do with other people who watch and love Buffy as much as I do to talk to about it. Thanks

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
I'm indifferent to Willow, she's not a favorite of mine, and I don't spend much time thinking about her character. That said, her and Oz made a good couple, he helped raise her self-esteem, but her and Tara had a much stronger connection. The two had much more in common, and seemed to connect on a deeper level.

Willow didn't treat Tara well, it was doomed to be a failure, but regardless it would been interesting to see what would have happened had Tara not died, and Willow had pulled her arrogant head out of her ass and started treating Tara better.

ChaseRules

Sineya
It looked like Willow had realized what she had done wrong & was sorry about it. But now we never know :(

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I watched the ep where the First was acting through Cassie to talk to Willow. I cried when Willow had tears in her eyes, so excited to talk to Tara. I still wonder why they didn't send Tara. More dramatic effect?

ChaseRules

Sineya
I think it was party because Amber Benson didn't want to come back & play a villain.

I think it was because Amber Benson didn't want to come back as a Villian.

Spanky
Spanky
Not partly, that's it exactly.

Its Xander

Scoobie
Yeah Amber probably didn't want to play a villain as Tara would never do anything to heart Willow (no mater the circumstances).

Cheers for being inviting :)

Last edited:

ChaseRules

Sineya
It also showed that the First couldn't be as all powerful as he said he was if he couldn't pretend to be Tara too.

Its Xander

Scoobie
Very true.

I'm going to be able to actually meet Amber Benson and James Masters at Wales Comic-con 2016 in April :) Sooooooooo exited as this is my first convention.

Its Xander

Scoobie
So who's everyones favourite Buffy character and why? (Sorry. I know that's a difficult question)

Top Bottom