• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why does everyone agree that Tara is Willow's soulmate?

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I'm so jealous you're going to meet Amber Benson!

My favourite character is Tara. I relate to her a lot. I also love Willow.

On a random note, talking about Tara and all. One line that she says that annoys me is in Once More With Feeling "They were really checking me out? I'm cured! I want the boys!"
Kinda makes it sound like because she couldn't get a guy she went for girls. (I know I'm probably reading too much into this, but after watching OMWF for the 12th time or so you tend to over analyse) I mean, she's probably just joking and all, but that line annoyed me.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I like Tara a lot . I know it never happened but I think her & Buffy would have made a great couple .

Personally I think she was just joking & it showed how more outgoing she was in that she was able to joke like that.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Oh I could see that! Maybe not when Tara was still super shy, but I could certainly see them having a sweet little relationship together. She probably would be better than anyone else Buffy dated.

ChaseRules

Sineya
She was very nice . I remember when Buffy found out that the reason Spike could hit Buffy was because she was different
& how Buffy broke down crying as Tara comforted her . That was about the only time she fell apart & Tara was there for her.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Yeah, I really liked that scene.
And also in the episode Family- Buffy says "We are family". Loved that episode! Probably my favourite

ChaseRules

Sineya
And I liked Spike in that esp too . He stands up for Tara & proves she not a demon .

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Haha! Yes! And how Tara is all "He hit me!...." *is in pain and sad look* Oh! He hit me!" *face lights up*

I know so many people don't like Tara because she's so shy and withdrawn, but imagine what her family was like- telling her that she is basically a 'ticking time bomb' until the 'demon' is in her. Hell, collage isn't something she was supposed to finish (I assume) I think that's why she really starts to flourish, knowing she doesn't have to go home or that she isn't a demon. It takes so much strength to turn back on your family like that.

Its Xander

Scoobie
Yeah. Family is my second favourite episode after Once More, With Feeling as even though Tara cast a spell on the others to hide her demon side they all still love her and want to protect her from her mean blood relations. And not forgetting the ending where Willow and Tara are dancing and they are so happy they start floating.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I agree with you there . I found myself really liking Spike after that .
I also think that Tara had gone to college without her family knowing & had just found out .
Plus she was pretty much a slave back there which was why she was so shy at first I bet.

Its Xander

Scoobie
I agree that her family had a lot to do with her insecurity and shyness before she met Willow.

cerocket

class protector
Haha! Yes! And how Tara is all "He hit me!...." *is in pain and sad look* Oh! He hit me!" *face lights up*
Yes!!! I *love* that moment.

And I think I like Tara *because* she's shy and withdrawn. It's a nice change of pace from a lot of the other characters on the show who are all hero-y. When Tara showed up I was like, "oh, that's me. finally."

Its Xander

Scoobie
I know what you mean about feeling like you connect with Tara on a personal level because of her shyness and quietness. I'm like that too. But also a bit like Xander as I tend to make stupid jokes all the time.

Its Xander

Scoobie
And that transition between shy to "outgoing & loving" is down to Willow and Tara opening up to her.

And yeah I like being able to make stupid jokes :)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Well as long as we sharing I like Willow myself. Minus the magic of course.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
On a random note, talking about Tara and all. One line that she says that annoys me is in Once More With Feeling "They were really checking me out? I'm cured! I want the boys!"
Kinda makes it sound like because she couldn't get a guy she went for girls. (I know I'm probably reading too much into this, but after watching OMWF for the 12th time or so you tend to over analyse) I mean, she's probably just joking and all, but that line annoyed me.
I think it's really easy to 'over-read' a line, especially when you have watched it so many times, but whilst the line on it's own is ambiguous in its meaning, I think it's clear by Amber's performance that she's joking around and that she only has eyes for Willow.

I'm married and I make jokes about other guys looking at me and fancying me all the time. To anyone reading that text, they might think I was trying to cheat or something, but it's genuinely only in jest. :D

Top Bottom