• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why does Simone hate Buffy?

fauxindigo

Scooby
I know Simone was in Season 8 but came more to the forefront in Season 9. I forget if it explains well why Simone hates Buffy so much? Was it like why Genevieve hated her in Season 8? She wanted to be the "queen of the slayers"?

Priceless

Scooby
I'm not sure if she does hate Buffy, it's more that she glories in the violence and feels that Buffy stands in the way of The Slayers embracing their power and need for violence.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I thought it was twofold: for doing this thing to her without asking if she wanted it, and also because Buffy was expecting them to live "by the rules" instead of going out and using their superiority to take what they wanted from the world.

I'd have to go back and reread to be sure though.

Priceless

Scooby
There is definitely an element of being changed against her will, but she loves the powers she gained, though doesn't really want the responsibility. She's perhaps similar to early season Buffy in that way.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Simone clearly had serious issues to begin with, but I think she felt disrespected when her simple questions (like "why can't Slayers use guns?") got blown off without answers, and just with a "because that's the way it is and you must obey" attitude. She also didn't understand why Slayers were supposed to confine themselves to killing vampires and demons and not evil people. She probably justified it to herself at first by saying that bad guys are bad guys whether they have souls or not... but then she fell in love with the feeling of power she got from terrorizing people, evil or not.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Simone is what Kennedy and Rona could've been had they stayed treacherous and ungrateful

Priceless

Scooby
Simone is what Kennedy and Rona could've been had they stayed treacherous and ungrateful
Kennedy was proud to be a slayer and wanted to fight evil, while Simone became evil. Rona was a terrified teenage girl and Simone never seemed scared of anything. I don't think either of them would have become Simone.

Puppet
Puppet
I mean, technically, Faith was proud to be a Slayer and wanted to fight evil in early S3, too. Just saying... :P

katmobile

Scooby
Kennedy was proud to be a slayer and wanted to fight evil, while Simone became evil. Rona was a terrified teenage girl and Simone never seemed scared of anything. I don't think either of them would have become Simone.
Kennedy had a massive sense of entitlement and Rona was someone who blamed everyone else for her problems. I'm in danger wah wah it's your fault for not protecting me enough. Both the superiority complex of Kennedy and the failure to accept any personal responsibility of both Ken and Rona are very present in Simone. It's telling that Rona's way of dealing with Simone is to fob her off on Andrew.

Priceless

Scooby
Kennedy had a massive sense of entitlement and Rona was someone who blamed everyone else for her problems. I'm in danger wah wah it's your fault for not protecting me enough. Both the superiority complex of Kennedy and the failure to accept any personal responsibility of both Ken and Rona are very present in Simone. It's telling that Rona's way of dealing with Simone is to fob her off on Andrew.
Rona was a teenage, in fear for her life. I really have no problem with how she behaves, she's trying to stay alive, so she should question everything and everybody, you'd be a fool not to. She went down into the Hellmouth, even though she was terrified. I have a lot of admiration for the potentials who did that. Kennedy does have a sense of entitlement, but that doesn't mean she's going to go evil and hunt Buffy down. She could never become a Simone, she has too much self worth and knows her own value. She goes off and starts her own business, helping slayers in her own way.

I think letting Andrew be Simone's watcher was giving Simone another chance and hoping Andrew, who himself was very much an outsider at one time, could reach her. It obviously didn't work, but I don't think you can blame Rona for that.

Puppet
Puppet
I agree about Rona, I've never understood why the fandom clumps her in with Kennedy so often.

katmobile

Scooby
Rona was a teenage, in fear for her life. I really have no problem with how she behaves, she's trying to stay alive, so she should question everything and everybody, you'd be a fool not to. She went down into the Hellmouth, even though she was terrified. I have a lot of admiration for the potentials who did that. Kennedy does have a sense of entitlement, but that doesn't mean she's going to go evil and hunt Buffy down. She could never become a Simone, she has too much self worth and knows her own value. She goes off and starts her own business, helping slayers in her own way.

I think letting Andrew be Simone's watcher was giving Simone another chance and hoping Andrew, who himself was very much an outsider at one time, could reach her. It obviously didn't work, but I don't think you can blame Rona for that.
I'm not saying Simone IS Kennedy or Rona I'm saying she has some of their negative traits dialed up to eleven without mitigating good ones. I don't blame Rona for being scared but I hate her pissy attitude that she is negative and blamey and judgemental about situations she has no awareness about like Spuffy. I also have severe issues with Anya it's not helpful to bitch and whine about how crap things are other people are - Ding Dong the Witch is dead would have earnt her a slap across the face in my book.

Priceless

Scooby
I'm not saying Simone IS Kennedy or Rona I'm saying she has some of their negative traits dialed up to eleven without mitigating good ones. I don't blame Rona for being scared but I hate her pissy attitude that she is negative and blamey and judgemental about situations she has no awareness about like Spuffy. I also have severe issues with Anya it's not helpful to bitch and whine about how crap things are other people are - Ding Dong the Witch is dead would have earnt her a slap across the face in my book.
Rona got a very nasty 'Shut your mouth' from Dawn :)

GreyWalker1958
GreyWalker1958
Shame it wasn't a punch

GreyWalker1958

Potential
THIS! Its as if, she saw a haunting mirror right in front of her.

Top Bottom