• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why dont more Buffy fans enjoy SHIELD?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Always thought that FitzSImmons reminded me of early season Xander & Willow in their relationship/friendship wise.
Except one felt natural and organic and the other from the very first episode screamed "we're a ship! look at us! see how cute we are" They/it was one of the reasons I couldn't stomach the show. There were other reasons of course, but it just seemed they were trying too hard with that crap.

Kratos

Potential
I missed some episodes, but used to like watching it. I lost interest in the show during season 5 when it started to go all space sci-fi, though I liked S2 and S4 a lot. S1 and S3 were decent. Just didn’t care enough about the characters to want to keep watching.

@one eyed chicklet I’m not a big fan of the MCU either so that doesn’t help.

Last edited:
Octavia
Octavia
Fair answer :) I dont watch the MCU movies either

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I watched some of it, but wasn't interested enough to watch every episode so dipped in and out, then just gave up. I did like Ward though.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
Checking in on this thread I've learned that Fitzsimmons is not a character, but two characters. Lol. I've seen them mentioned before but always thought it was one quirky and beloeved character.
They are often treated as and spoken of as if they were the same character, causing some character to actually believe as you did. They make up the science division of Coulson's field team, so they fill that same role together. They are the nerds in a group of hardened soldier-agents.

But really they are probably the two most complex characters on the show, and they are repeatedly pushed to their limits and forced to change. They start out quirky, whimsical and adorkable, but after years of continuous trauma, neither of them are quite what they used to be. Think Wesley.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Its cool so many have given it a go, that's all that can be asked really.

I don't love every single moment of all of the shows I am a fan of, but for me, Shield has enough moments to keep up there as a must watch (and must own). Ming-Na Wen seems like such a humble person too in the interviews I have seen, I really like her.

Kratos

Potential
Despite not being a fan of the show anymore, I still love its theme music. Well, the original one anyway. Sounds so epic and inspiring. My second favourite tv theme behind The Fugitive’s (the one with David Jensen).

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Except one felt natural and organic and the other from the very first episode screamed "we're a ship! look at us! see how cute we are" They/it was one of the reasons I couldn't stomach the show. There were other reasons of course, but it just seemed they were trying too hard with that crap.
I just heard on the 100 episode round table that the FitzSimmons relationship is based on Jed and Maurissa. So its actually truer than most haha. For a couple that had been studying intensely together for so long I didnt find it to be unusual or inorganic at all. Later seasons show their earlier times. But, that is coming from someone who never liked the Willow/Xander stuff. Willow and Xander were never on the same wavelength at the same time. FitzSimmons are two parts of a whole, they are one of the few couples where each really completes the other. I havent seen another relationship like it on TV, but I have in real life where couples refer to their spouse as their "other half". FitzSimmons nail that.

I havent seen all of the Marvel movies and frankly dont really care for them past the sexiness of Thor, so I am glad its a bit apart from. It seems that may be one of the reasons why Marvel movie fans dont like this Marvel Series. Agents of Shield is my top pick out of the rest of the Marvel series too, I guess because its not as gritty as the netflix produces series. It has that Jossverse lightness around it, addressing deep issues without having to lose its comedic charm.

Spanky
Spanky
Don't even get me started on their name and how lazy that was to artificially generate a 'ship'

Altoz

Potential
I do like it, actually, possibly because I like the Fitz/Simons ship and also May is one hell of a kickarse character and a strong competent female character. Skye is complex...although she seems rather unlucky in love, judging from what happened to Lincoln. And for me, one of the pluses is the minimal interaction with the rest of the MCEU- let's face it, while Marvel does better movies than DC, DC does better television series than Marvel, usually (Agents of SHIELD aside in Marvel's case, the new Joker film in DCs).

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Because Agent Carter is way better :p

In all seriousness, I gave it a go a few tears ago but just didn't get into it at all...

Top Bottom