• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why dont more Buffy fans enjoy SHIELD?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Still haven't seen it. Its on the list. Have heard it has a very slow start. But stick with it and its one of the best shows of recent years. Just what I heard don't shoot the messenger!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
I actually prefer the early years

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
DeepBlueJoy Watching 3 seasons to get to the good part is like 3 hours of bad & boring foreplay before great sex that may or may not last. It is just not worth the time i will never get back.
That's not what I meant. There are great threads of character stories through the earlier seasons, but if you are too distracted by the flashy toys, then you'll miss them. It is certainly another layered story, much like Buffy and Angel are. You can watch it for the demon bashy bits, or you can watch it for the lives of the characters and their struggles beyond the surface big bad. The big bads appealed more to me in the later seasons than the earlier seasons because they seemed less gimmicky (which could be my memory fading). I have only seen s2 and 3 once through and am so ready to re-watch them. Specifically for FitzSimmons! I cant even find this show in the DVD stores!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
should be on netflix?

Mr Trick

Scooby
@HowiMetdaSlayer Even the first season? I heard that was the weak season, but from 2 on wards it improves. Its not on UK Netflix. Might be Internationally. Could be on Amazon over here not sure.

nightshade
nightshade
I think it used to be on UK Netflix

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
@HowiMetdaSlayer Even the first season? I heard that was the weak season, but from 2 on wards it improves. Its not on UK Netflix. Might be Internationally. Could be on Amazon over here not sure.

Season 1 fit the time it was made. Keep in mind it was in the midst of the Avengers era - which seems like a long time ago now. It's more speccy superheroey than the more gritty later seasons, laying foundations of the fights to come. Sort of like how Buffy was more campy in the early seasons. It will appeal more to some than others. The stories intertwine with the Marvel movie world so you gotta take your mind back to before the universe expanded so much, it was still finding it feet and would probably look dated even now.

I know I wasnt keen on Skye/Daisy story lines (outside of SkyeWard) at the time and she dominated s2, nor did I get Ghostrider, while the rest of the cast had some great development behind those stories. Aw man I MUST rewatch!! So much I have missed and forgotten!

Wait wait! I am getting all my seasons mixed up! I just found s2 on one of my streams and I think I was thinking of the first half of season 1 being a separate season to the second half. Damn hiatus confuse the heck outta me! This is why I need a rewatch! What season was Agents of Hydra?? I am surprised @Anyanka Bunny Slayer didnt like that season :p

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Interesting. Will have to give the show a watch soon.
Top Bottom