• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why hasn't Gunn appeared in the comics anymore?

white avenger

white avenger
As far as I an recall, with the exception of Fred (and Harmony briefly) none of the old L A gang have shown up, or, as far as I can recall, even been mentioned since Dark Horse took over the "Angel" title. It's never been mentioned, but, in my imagination, I've always thought that Gunn, haunted by what he became and how he acted in the "After The Fall" arc, either killed himself or followed the examples of Bruce Wayne, Oz, and, now, Dr Strange, and wound up in a Tibetan monastery. He may show up again, somewhere, as a costumed superhero, maybe with Connor as his sidekick.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Is Gunn a vampire now? I thought he was but my knowledge of S8 is spotty.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Uh, Gunn totally appeared in season 9 of 'Angel & Faith'. In a small role, yeah, but still. And he's human now, of course.

I think that season 11 of 'Angel' is gonna end with Angel going back to L.A, and reuniting with whoever's left of the original gang, including Gunn (which, in retrospect, is what season 10 of 'Angel & Faith' should have done, IMO).

Also, am I the only one who thought that season 9 planted the seeds of a possible Gunn/Faith romance? Faith seemed awfully happy to see him...

white avenger

white avenger
Is Gunn a vampire now? I thought he was but my knowledge of S8 is spotty.
My memory of that first Season of "Angel," is somewhat sketchy, but I think that Gunn was a vampire in hell during IDW's "After The Fall" arc, but Angel tricked the Senior Partners into sending everyone back to a time before he was turned, therefore making him human again.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Unless someone assumes this is Fred and Gunn. And they were an item for a while.
Good point but Gaith sucks. Someone clever needs to think up a name. Maybe using Charlie instead of Gunn? Does Faith even have a last name?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Good point but Gaith sucks. Someone clever needs to think up a name. Maybe using Charlie instead of Gunn? Does Faith even have a last name?
I believe her name is Faith Lehane. Charles and Faith could be Farles or Farley (not to be confused with the comic dog).

Top Bottom