• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Why L. M?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
In season 1 of Angel we were introduced to 3 lawyers: Lilah Morgan, Lindsey McDonald and Lee Mercer.
What is the significance of them all having the same initials?

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
This is a great observation, but I have no idea. Someone may say it was conincidence, but I doubt that.

I hope someone else has an interesting theory.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
That's the legal minds department. Charlie Aldridge & Claire Adams worked in the child abduction team.

Cohen
Cohen
I never caught that!

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'm now hoping Liam had a last name starting with M.

Hmm...what if Buffy researching Angel in season 2 finds out that a surviving relative was her own ancestor? Would that suddenly be ick (unlike a centuries old vampire who can't conceive a child anyway)?

Kendar

Potential
Honestly wouldn't be a big deal. Legally most states incest laws stop after first cousins. Genetically if someone (even Angel himself) was an ancestor from that time, they are far enough removed that there's no genetic concerns. So any squick is strictly in one's on opinion.

Heck, my wife and I may be fifth cousins....

One of my ancestors was a slave owner (and pretty bad even by those standards). One of hers was a slave on his plantation. We know he raped many of his female slaves and they had children. What we don't know is if my wife's line is tied to one of those rapes or not. We could do DNA testing, but don't see a need to spend the money on it.

T
thrasherpix
Plenty of states allow first cousins. I was mocking the silly puritanism of society that cares more about sensibilities than sense anyway.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I believe it's a reference to Lucifer Morningstar.
Yeah I think it's a reference to Lucifer, as if to say that Wolfram and Hart are working for the "devil". It's a clever naming scheme for the working team members.

Stake fodder

What about my me?
I'm now hoping Liam had a last name starting with M.
Yeah, never thought of that! McSomethingIrish?

Hmm...what if Buffy researching Angel in season 2 finds out that a surviving relative was her own ancestor? Would that suddenly be ick (unlike a centuries old vampire who can't conceive a child anyway)?
I would have liked something indicating that Angel had living relatives, as he only killed his immediate family and village. But if Buffy can get over the age difference, and the vampire thing, I think she'd be philosophical about it.

T
thrasherpix
Can you imagine the charnel breath of vampires, blood at best? I think most don't, and even writers might cringe writing kiss fests. Kissing a vampire so passionately tells me you can handle anything else about him.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Eh, while it's possible Liam had kids, he would have been one of several dozen ancestors Buffy would have had living at the time.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Yeah I think it's a reference to Lucifer, as if to say that Wolfram and Hart are working for the "devil". It's a clever naming scheme for the working team members.
Like that idea . Escapable since later on we find that the name of the firm was in realty the 3 Upper Level Demons that ran it .

Top Bottom