• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why wasn't Eliza invited to the Buffy Reunion ?

Btvs fan

Potential
2 years later and I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Eliza said she wasn't invited because she wasn't a regular, yet seeing as how they had other non regular cast there and Amber Benson (regular for just 1 episode in which she was killed off) that doesn't seem to hold up.

Faith was such a big part of the show of both shows if you add Angel and was even going to be given her own spin off. Yet inspite of that she got left out why ????

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
Though Amber was only a regular for 1 episode, I'd argue she was a bigger part of the show and more beloved in a way, in terms of the cultural significance of Willow and Tara, so it would've been impossible not to have her there.

Alexis is pretty much only there, in my mind, because Alyson is so it's not so much about him, as it is about her. So I don't count him.

As to why Kristine, or Joyce, was a priority to have there… not sure. I guess as Buffy's mom and because of The Body she was considered essential?

I don't really mind that Eliza wasn't there, though it would've been cool if she had been. But I wonder if inviting her would've lead to a feeling of exclusion from other guest stars? If Eliza, then why not Juliet Landau? Why not Marc Blucas? Why not Clare Kramer? Why Danny Strong who appeared in literally all the seasons I believe (?). I love Faith, and do think she's a big part of the show, but in general I don't think there's a real consensus about that so she's not unquestionably essential. Like Spike she can be kind of polarizing. Maybe they also wanted to keep it on BtVS and not on why Faith the spin off didn't happen?

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Was she really not invited? She has a very good relationship with Joss Whedon so I don’t see why she wouldn’t be. She was also very important to the story of BtvS as a whole and it’s sister show Angel, if not in as many episodes. Amber wasn’t even credited as a main cast member either. Also ... if they didn’t invite Amber there would have been a huge backlash from the LGTQ community, given the popularity of that relationship and what it meant to television at the time. She should have been there IMO

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
I don't think Joss had much say in who was invited, it was all EW.....and judging by some of the inane questions they asked they didn't have much of a clue about the show at all....Basically, I think we were lucky we got the ones we got....

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Seriously, Glory had a lot more appearances than E.D. did. And there are clearly extenuating circumstances for why K.S. and A.B., both as members of the cast and their impact on television history. I mean, I like Faith too, but still, she's a semi-regular on Season 3, makes some guest appearances in season 4 and 7. And Clearly the Denisofs were picking up their dry cleaning latter, and you can't leave Alex in the car, so...

Btvs fan

Potential
Seriously, Glory had a lot more appearances than E.D. did. And there are clearly extenuating circumstances for why K.S. and A.B., both as members of the cast and their impact on television history. I mean, I like Faith too, but still, she's a semi-regular on Season 3, makes some guest appearances in season 4 and 7. And Clearly the Denisofs were picking up their dry cleaning latter, and you can't leave Alex in the car, so...
You left out the Angel appearances

Btvs fan

Potential
Was she really not invited? She has a very good relationship with Joss Whedon so I don’t see why she wouldn’t be. She was also very important to the story of BtvS as a whole and it’s sister show Angel, if not in as many episodes. Amber wasn’t even credited as a main cast member either. Also ... if they didn’t invite Amber there would have been a huge backlash from the LGTQ community, given the popularity of that relationship and what it meant to television at the time. She should have been there IMO
They still follow each other on Twitter which I doubt they'd do if they weren't. I dont think she follows SMG or Visa versa as a comparison.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Drusilla makes me think of the show more than Faith. I would've preferred Juliet over Eliza, if given the choice.

I've never felt Faith was a MAJOR part of Buffy. So I had no problem with Eliza's absence.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
So what show does Eliza make you think of?

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Drusilla makes me think of the show more than Faith.
Drusilla makes me think more of Angel than Buffy. I would've preferred Eliza over Juliet, but I don't really care that neither were there. If I am going to start saying this person or that person "needed" to be there, then quite honestly I would say that Armin needed to be there.

Btvs fan

Potential
Drusilla makes me think of the show more than Faith. I would've preferred Juliet over Eliza, if given the choice.

I've never felt Faith was a MAJOR part of Buffy. So I had no problem with Eliza's absence.
Dru to me was just a plot device 1st for Spike then for Angel and that's it. Faith was so much more in jmo

Btvs fan

Potential
Lol 😂😂
I think she could've been more but she never got the chance. Oh let's not forget they paired her with Darla on Ats too. It's like they never thought the character could function on her own.

vampmogs

Townie
Honestly, as much as I adore Faith and would've loved to see Eliza, I don't think she needed to be there.

Faith didn't appear in the series all that much. To Eliza's credit, she made a much bigger impression on the fans then her episode-count would suggest. If I was asking where Faith was I'd also be asking where Marc Blucas was or where Juliet Landau was. Marc appeared in more episodes than Eliza did and was one of the main love interests in the series for a while. Juliet/Drusilla, IMO, is probably an equal comparison to Faith in terms of appearances and the lasting impression she left on fans.

It was strange having Alexis as part of the reunion and I do feel Eliza deserved to be there much more than him. However, let's be honest, Alexis was there because he is married to Ally and it's obvious they rocked up to the reunion together. I certainly didn't resent having him there by any means.

Top Bottom