• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Willow #1 Preview

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
That actually looks intriguing. No idea what's happened to this point but it doesn't seem to matter. Just wonder how long before she meets Tara as it seems to be following similar beats as the show.

Priceless

Scooby
Willow is meant to be 16 years old and I wonder if she really would be flying around the world alone like this. But otherwise it does look interesting.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It kind of makes Willow seem self-absorbed in my opinion, especially the "But then it didn't seem like they were so interested in the adventures of the American witch and her friends" and the panel "Even though it felt like I might actually have something to contribute to the conversation. I mean they're all talking about the hellmouth, I was there".

It just gives off a "why am I not the centre of attention" vibes.

Priceless

Scooby
Yeah that's definitely the Willow we've seen in the Boom comics. She did give half her soul to Xander and that affected her. I think she's got her whole soul back and is trying to 'find herself', which is why she's wondering the world as a 16 year old.

TriBel

Scooby
a) Is that a deliberate reference to Kerouac?
b) If so, where's the hedonistic search for release or fulfillment through drink, sex, drugs and jazz?
c) Why is she in Shrewsbury? There's no hedonism there.
d) It doesn't rain here all the time.
e) Hope that Tea Clipper doesn't attempt to go under that bridge.
f) That's awful interior design...and she's leaving before the drink, sex drugs and jazz.

@Priceless - Nah...it just looks like the walk up from the bottom of Shrewsbury to The Quarry (the Park). TBH, if she was in Shrewsbury with all that rain she'd need a snorkel. I'm guessing it's generic - one of the old university towns. Quaint and quirky is what I'm getting.

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
Does it say she's in Shrewbury?

Priceless

Scooby
Has anyone read this yet? It's quite interesting. Willow runs away to England, doesn't enjoy it so returns to Sunnydale. At the airport she decides she can't go home so she buys a bus ticket and gets stranded in this weird little town that appears to be populated solely by women. She get chatted up by Aelara and invited to a bonfire. A few other odd things happen, a gas station attendant is rude to her, and we see a girl running through the woods being chased.

My expectations are not high, but I would like to see where teh story goes. The art is actually really good and the writing isn't too bad.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Is this out? Do I have to read the other comics first? Cause I'm kind of far behind. :oops:

TriBel

Scooby
She get chatted up by Aelara and invited to a bonfire. A few other odd things happen, a gas station attendant is rude to her, and we see a girl running through the woods being chased.
Is there a Wickerman (or woman)? Asking for a friend. *Groan* Wicca?

Top Bottom