• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Willow #2 Cover Art

Priceless

Scooby
Willow #2 Preview Script: Mariko Tamaki; illustration: Natacha Bustos; colors: Eleonora Bruni; letters: Jodi Wynne.

Angel6

Potential
Anyone reading this? I read the first one. I’m not sure why it was necessary for her to split off quite so quickly. I feel like I would’ve loved a bit more time with Willow, Buffy, Xander and Giles building their relationship before deconstructing that whole dynamic, it doesn’t feel like the series has earned that right yet. Which is of stark contrast to Angel/Angel and Spike which rocks so far.

Priceless

Scooby
The Buffy/Willow comics are so strange, no much like television Buffy at all, but not in a good way. The Angel comics are so much better. The only problem I have with them is that they made Fred a witch, when having a women in STEM would have been far more interesting and current.

Angel6

Potential
The Buffy/Willow comics are so strange, no much like television Buffy at all, but not in a good way. The Angel comics are so much better. The only problem I have with them is that they made Fred a witch, when having a women in STEM would have been far more interesting and current.
I agree I guess we are still getting to know Fred so I haven’t really hyper analysed because I feel like we are actually getting the opportunity to get to know them in A+S. I’m just enjoying Angel and Spikes dynamic so much with the Bangel/Spuffy element taken out. I’m so sick and tired of that debate

Priceless

Scooby
Oh I love Spuffy, I'll never get tired of it, but totally agree the Angel and Spike dynamic is great. The comic is changing it's writer shortly, from Bryan Edward Hill to Zac Thompson (I think), and I just hope the story keeps going and the writing stays at its current high level.

Angel6

Potential
Oh I love Spuffy, I'll never get tired of it, but totally agree the Angel and Spike dynamic is great. The comic is changing it's writer shortly, from Bryan Edward Hill to Zac Thompson (I think), and I just hope the story keeps going and the writing stays at its current high level.
Oh I love Bangel, I’m not sick of it. But I am sick of arguing about which is better, and also Angel and Spike arguing over it.

I agree I really hope the new writer is as good!

Gingerbread

Townie
I just read this issue, and I’m pretty impressed with how this little spinoff is going so far. At first I felt frustrated that the issues are so short that the story doesn’t get to move forward much. But actually the gradual building of the atmosphere is really satisfying, and the artwork and colours are beautiful.
It reminds me a lot of Kelly Thompson’s recent Sabrina series. It’s not dark, but it’s spooky in a fun, witchy way that feels really warm and nostalgic.

Priceless

Scooby
I thought it was a bit slow, or that Willow was a bit slow, for not realising panel one that this place was full of witches. They have so little story, they have to drag it out over 20 pages. But saying that, it wasn't horrible, it was just incredibly flimsy. The art was really good, quite charming.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Did you also think it was just a women's commune?
I thought she was just staying at a hotel or something. I've only seen the pages above. I didn't really get women's commune until after you said that. But you know, I've no context or anything else, so...

Priceless

Scooby
I'd like to know the meaning behind Xander turning into a bird in Willow's dream.

Top Bottom