1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Willow and Fred?

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by white avenger, Aug 16, 2016.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

The end of Episode 15, Angel's soul is restored, Willow and Faith are getting ready to return to Sunnydale. Fred and Willow are talking about hellmouths, Latin, spells, and other stuff, very friendly, and Willow says, "I'm seeing someone."

My question is, was Fred actually coming on to Willow, or was Willow just overreacting? Fred was just getting over her split with Gunn, way before she and Wes got together, so it might be said that she was available. Was she actually attracted to Willow, or was it just the thrill of being able to talk to someone else who shared her interest in demons, spells, and so on, and she somehow gave Willow the wrong idea?

Or maybe it was just wishful thinking on Willow's part. Fred would certainly be more her intellectual equal than Kennedy ever could be.

vellavu likes this.
  2. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I always took that she misunderstood Fred's excitability and general over-friendliness as a chat-up. I don't think it was Fred's intention and I don't think Fred fancied Willow, but they're clearly on an intellectual par.

Thinking of it, I'd totally ship that though! ;)

Monkey Pants, Guy and thetopher like this.
  3. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Yeah, what @Athena said.
    It's not like Willow is an expert in social cues. She was feeling... *ahem* tempted and insecure and said 'I'm seeing somebody' in a bit of a panic. Fred just looks a bit bemused by it all.

vellavu likes this.
  4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I loved the Willow and Fred scenes and think they could have made a good couple (assuming that Fred swings both ways;)). The only thing I was a bit unsure was Willow's rebuff of Fred. The tone of it was uncertain and even if we are might to assume that Willow did feel that Fred was coming onto her I don't know why she would get that impression. It just felt like an akward moment where there shouldn't be one. Besides that their interactions were perfect:)

5. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I always thought it was quite arrogant and assuming on Willow's part.

Buffy Summers likes this.