• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Willow was so unlikeable this season!,

Benz

Potential
This season after re watch really gave new negative look on Willow.

In first episode she didn’t stop to give her best frined any time to see if dealing with collage life okay and Buffy was clearly struggled in her first week and Buffy is best friend who made her into confidence girl she is going into College and save her many times.

Yes not forgotten Willow has helped Buffy lot and gave up going to College away form Sunnydale for her and becoming Witch to give Buffy boyfriend Angel his soul back and becoming witch sure changed but however Buffy never actually asked her to become witch or stay in Sunnydale.

When she and Oz broke up and Willow respected Buffy to involved her life around to listen to her moan all day and she said some very nasty things to Xander in that episode as well.

Then in second episode instead taking word of Buffy that Kathy was demon all Willow could do was act as if Buffy has turned evil and mock Cordelia by saying Cordelia evil sister and yes Cordelia did bully Willow for years.

But in Willow hurt Cordelia much more then Cordelia ever Willow did as Cordelia walk on Willow and Xander and caused Cordelia to have big injurie and poor Cordelia was mock was by whole school and Cordelia had even less friends then Willow at end of her school days.

I hated when Angel return to town and Willow said out of everyone you gave Cordelia are job as if she not enough to work with him.

When she and Oz broke up and Willow respected Buffy to involved her life around to listen to her moan all day and she said some very nasty things to Xander in that episode as well.

All ready said nasty and immature way she treated Anya.

I do like Willow character and I know she just human and and like everyone else no one perfect but this season after we re watch she was pushing her luck .

I noticed people give lot of opinions to Xander and therefore I think okay for Willow to be given some negative options.

So this season really shows Willow not as sweet girl we thought she was.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I don't often defend Willow but I find a lot of points in this post extreme, so allow me to offer a rebuttal:
In first episode she didn’t stop to give her best frined any time to see if dealing with collage life okay and Buffy was clearly struggled in her first week and Buffy is best friend who made her into confidence girl she is going into College and save her many times.
Willow acknowledges that she didn't take the time to listen to Buffy and feels very bad when she believes that Buffy has disappeared. She was caught up in the excitement of starting college and swept away by all the "spurty knowledge" and I think it's forgivable that in her excitement she accidentally overlooked Buffy's discomfort.

Also, Buffy didn't "make Willow into a confident girl", Willow grew in confidence through being a part of the Scoobies, developing her magic, her relationship with Oz and her own personal growth. Her friendship with Buffy helped but it's extreme to say that Buffy "made" her.

Willow is grieving her relationship and still reeling from being cheated on. Yes, she says some nasty things to Xander but she regrets her words and is obviously lashing out because she is in pain, something all the Scoobies have done at some point.

Also, considering what a good friend Willow was to Buffy in the aftermath of Parker, a guy Buffy barely knew and slept with once yet moped over for weeks, I think it's only fair that Buffy reciprocates when Willow is in pain over a two-year-relationship ending so abruptly and in such a harsh manner. That's what friends do. Willow didn't expect Buffy to be there for her, she simply leaned on her best friend in a trying time.

Then in second episode instead taking word of Buffy that Kathy was demon all Willow could do was act as if Buffy has turned evil and mock Cordelia by saying Cordelia evil sister and yes Cordelia did bully Willow for years.

But in Willow hurt Cordelia much more then Cordelia ever Willow did as Cordelia walk on Willow and Xander and caused Cordelia to have big injurie and poor Cordelia was mock was by whole school and Cordelia had even less friends then Willow at end of her school days.
Hard disagree that Willow hurt Cordelia more than Cordelia hurt Willow. The cheating with Xander was a big mistake, and both Willow and Xander feel terrible in the aftermath and, yes, it did hurt Cordelia but Willow didn't deliberately set out to hurt Cordelia. Cordelia, on the other hand, mercilessly and deliberately bullied Willow for years. We see this right from the Pilot episode where Cordelia mocks Willow without provocation, calls her a "loser" and asks her "who gave you permission to exist."

Anya tied to kill Willow the previous season, almost doomed them all to an alternate universe where they were dead, threatened to hurt them and only reformed because she was forced to. I think it's fair for Willow to hold a bit of a grudge.

TriBel

Scooby
I do like Willow character and I know she just human and and like everyone else no one perfect but this season after we re watch she was pushing her luck .
I kinda try to go along with the idea that it's a character's flaws that make them human so it doesn't bother me. It's one of the reasons I never really understand the "Out Of Character" accusation. The fact that one argument always raises a counterpoint argument is, for me, a sign of the strength and complexity of the writing, never a weakness. 😊

Last edited:

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Season 4 is the season where Willow starts to go downhill.
I couldn't stand her by season 6 where she manipulated Tara with the magical herb, Tara was a sweetheart that deserved so much better.

High-School Willow on the other hand wasrelatable and a somewhat decent person (although cheating on Oz was the wrong thing to do).

burrunjor

Potential
This season after re watch really gave new negative look on Willow.

Yes not forgotten Willow has helped Buffy lot and gave up going to College away form Sunnydale for her and becoming Witch to give Buffy boyfriend Angel his soul back and becoming witch sure changed but however Buffy never actually asked her to become witch or stay in Sunnydale.

I hated when Angel return to town and Willow said out of everyone you gave Cordelia are job as if she not enough to work with him.

I noticed people give lot of opinions to Xander and therefore I think okay for Willow to be given some negative options.

So this season really shows Willow not as sweet girl we thought she was.
Some valid points.

In Someone Blue, Willow is meant to be a bit too whiny and unlikable. I liked Xander saying he was so sick of it and Buffy in the middle of smooching Spike just saying "well we're all sick of it" LOL.

It is acknowledged in the episode and she is forced to grovel and bake cookies for them. It was her first break up after all and it ended badly so it's understandable that she might be a bit moody after it and it doesn't last so I wouldn't say that casts her in that bad a light.

I have no problem with her treating Anya badly meanwhile. Anya tried to kill her by feeding her to Vampires, (she also sent her evil, sadistic Vampire self to capture her too, not caring that she might kill and torture Willow after she was done. I guess Willow lucked out that she was after something else LOL.)

Added to that Anya was a far worse monster than either Angelus or Spike, and unlike either Liam or William, she chose to be a Demon and with a soul expressed no remorse. (She also cursed her first boyfriend with a soul, showing she has knowledge of the black arts as a mortal. Really I think Willow was right that Xander should not have got involved with her. Hey Anya did try and curse him when they broke up. She wanted to make his penis explode!

She also outright tried to wipe him from history. Imagine if that had happened. No Xander would probably have created something like The Wish. No Xander, no one saving the Buffster when she was killed by the Master, hellmouth opens everyone's screwed. Also no Xander, no one to help Buffy find Willow and rescue her from being Vamped by Thomas. It's hilarious that Anya in both instances in regards to cursing Xander would have helped the Master win.)

Anya was a time bomb and thoroughly evil. Xander was thinking with his dick, sorry.

Willow was a bit distant with Buffy meanwhile, but Buffy was also distant with her and Xander, hence her not knowing about major developments in their lives like Willow coming out.

As for her comments on Cordelia I agree. I think that was an oversight by the writers. Will and Cordy seemed to bury the hatchet in season 3. Hell you could argue in season 2 as they worked together a lot. Cordy even helped cast the spell that ensouled Angel (I'm surprised Cordy never brought that up in Angel the series?)

Angel the series meanwhile shows them both on friendly terms, with Cordy phoning Willow even just casually like in the Harmony episode, and Willow feeling comfortable enough to share coming out to Cordy.

It was kind of like Xander and Spike's relationship. There are moments where Xander and Spike would have an understanding and Xander would be more sympathetic to Spike, but then they'd just revert to they hate each other which was a shame.

Top Bottom