• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Willow would be bisexual if made today

white avenger

white avenger
I'm not sure that we can actually say with any degree of certainty that Willow ever was actually gay. I always saw the Willow/Tara coupling as more just two lonely people falling in love than any sort of definite sexual definition, and Willow/Kennedy as nothing more than a mistake, a joke, and a disaster from Day One. (I think that Willow's attitude at that moment was more, "We're probably all gonna die anyhow, so what the hell," than ever as, "I've found a new love, so I can move on," kind of statement. I think that, if Oz would have come back for that final Season, they might just as easily have paired up, and then Kennedy would have been stuck with Andrew.

Blaze
Blaze
Kennedy ended up being Willow's longest relationship so I don't think it was just a "the world is ending" thing
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
longest relationship only if you include the comics
as for white avenger - Willow not gay/bi seriously?

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Joss messed up a lot when it came to his gay characters, but I can definitely understand his reasoning for making Willow gay and I think it was the right call at the time.

Biphobia is definitely a prevalent phenomenon nowadays so had the story been made today it would have been a good topic to address, just like gay representation was needed back then.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I believe they'd make Willow gay from day 1 if we're talking a Buffy reboot.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'd be upset if they made her either bisexual or queer. I think the asexual community doesn't get nearly enough representation on television and there is a lot of discrimination against it. Asexual people have the lowest average life satisfaction of anyone. Additionally an asexual person is less likely to be believed if sexually assaulted.

If representation matters, make Willow asexual.

Blaze
Blaze
She could still be homoromantic even if she was asexual
Top Bottom