• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Women of Comic Con Panel

dan k

Bangel Is Eternal
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/SarahwillRinger#p/u/13/GL6r3Zh2i9M"]‪SarahwillRinger's Channel‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That is the first of eight short videos where Sarah is amongst others talking about a variety of subjects. It is a good watch for all Sarah fans.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Very interesting to watch the dynamic between all those women. Sarah was a bit Mother Television about it all, though. I would love to see a longer discussion between them though, the short clips aren't enough.

zobothehobo

Scooby
That was really interesting. I loved hearing Jennifer Morrison talk about the medical training she got as a side effect of House. That was probably my favorite part.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
That was a really good interview, the full interview is on their website (as text) why wouldn't they release the full video!

It was interesting how Sarah came across as the veteran, although I think I would have found her a little annoying, she did kinda keep jumping in on others to say 'I've done that' 'that's happened to.me' I mean some of the other women have been in tv for ages now.

Although Maggie Q and Sarah seemed to get along, they looked like they were talking to eachother while answering questions!

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
That was a really good interview, the full interview is on their website (as text) why wouldn't they release the full video!

It was interesting how Sarah came across as the veteran, although I think I would have found her a little annoying, she did kinda keep jumping in on others to say 'I've done that' 'that's happened to.me' I mean some of the other women have been in tv for ages now.

Although Maggie Q and Sarah seemed to get along, they looked like they were talking to eachother while answering questions!

Yeah, I found her very annoying whilst watching it. She dominated the whole thing and kinda implied that her work in television was more than the other actresses? As in worth more and of more importance. If she was talking to bunch of novices I'd understand, but she hasn't worked in TV in almost a decade and all those women have years of recent experience.

I don't think she tried to brag or something. As I've seen that's kind of the person she is. She likes to talk, she likes to share, she likes her voice to be heard. She's funny and intelligent.. she kinda did dominated the interview, but Jennifer and Maggie got their chance to speak, so could have the rest of them. I don't think she tried to put herself above the others. Or maybe I have too much respect for her to see otherwise.

dan k

Bangel Is Eternal
It can be perceived as her being dominant and wanting control. On the other hand I agree with Princess Buffy in thinking that's not her intention. She just likes to be heard and is extremely confident in expressing herself. Maybe we're too blind to see Sarah in anything but a good light though.:D

prophecygrrl

The girl in question
Ahhh I loved this! I posted in the Happiness thread about it when I first saw it cause I was freaking out. I love Maggie Q, SMG, and Anna Torv, and seeing them all together was amazing. I wish Anna would've talked more and I agree it seemed like Sarah was dominating the conversation a little, but IDK, that also may have been the way it was edited. I read a youtube comment that implied that... there were pictures of the rest of them speaking that didn't make it onto the released clips.

zobothehobo

Scooby
Honestly, I do what Sarah did which seemed to be making connections with other people's experiences and your own. We all do to an extent, but it tends to rub people the wrong way (as it did here) if you always vocalize them... and I do. I didn't mind, I enjoyed hearing Sarah talk and make connections with everyone's experiences... also, I do not think at all her intention was to dominate and prove herself to be the best or most important. It was to connect with other's who had similar experiences to her's.

sisterofmercy

Ray of Sunshine..
Honestly, I do what Sarah did which seemed to be making connections with other people's experiences and your own. We all do to an extent, but it tends to rub people the wrong way (as it did here) if you always vocalize them... and I do. I didn't mind, I enjoyed hearing Sarah talk and make connections with everyone's experiences... also, I do not think at all her intention was to dominate and prove herself to be the best or most important. It was to connect with other's who had similar experiences to her's.

Yeah I think it just depends on how you like connecting with people. I'm always wary of talking about myself too much so usually flip the conversation more towards the other person, but then some people find it easier to find common ground.

I think it's just Sarah being herself really. She's always seemed pretty outgoing.

white avenger

white avenger
It was interesting that Sarah mentioned putting on a costume/disguise and going out into the Con. I remember William Shatner saying once in an interview that he did exactly the same thing beginning after "The Wrath Of Kahn," when the Star Trek movie franchise really got going. It was his way of finding out what the fans honestly thought about the movies.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Just watched all the interviews, everybody seemed so nice & personable. Does anybody else like Jennifer Morrison more as a brunette? I wonder which is her natural color.

This is the 2nd place I've read in a couple of days how people seem to be more drawn to "genre TV/movies" because with the oversaturation of "Reality TV", what we really want is stories, not more reality. So if you can couple great character writing & development and interesting relationships with fantastical worlds/storylines, why not?

Top Bottom