• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Worst tv and movies

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What are the worst TV and Movies you have seen lately?

My top 2 is Another Life and See you Yesterday. So, so bad. I dont think I had ever seen anything as bad.

I wonder if Another Life will become "cult" bad it is that poor. If you watch it - go into it with the right mindset or you will be grossly disappointed. Admittedly, it can be entertainly bad.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Terra Nova - only tv show I didn't make it all the way through and it's only 1 season.
Aww I loved Terra Nova, it gave me family firefly vibes so I was sad it didn't extend to more. But I'd guess you are in the majority because it wasn't renewed when it was set up so well for s2. It defo wasn't anything mindblowing but I was intrigued by the world. (and dont have very high standards for sci fi which is why I am so disappointed by sci fi I cant enjoy haha)

Black Thorn
Aww I loved Terra Nova, it gave me family firefly vibes so I was sad it didn't extend to more. But I'd guess you are in the majority because it wasn't renewed when it was set up so well for s2. It defo wasn't anything mindblowing but I was intrigued by the world. (and dont have very high standards for sci fi which is why I am so disappointed by sci fi I cant enjoy haha)
I was so disappointed because I absolutely loved the idea, I thought the first episode was amazing, but the characters were seriously stupid especially the teenage girl. I also love dinosaurs (like how 6 year old boys do) so if it's not very good I do get disappointed very quickly.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I was so disappointed because I absolutely loved the idea, I thought the first episode was amazing, but the characters were seriously stupid especially the teenage girl. I also love dinosaurs (like how 6 year old boys do) so if it's not very good I do get disappointed very quickly.
Yeah I dont disagree with that, I think it had more potential than it ever reached. By the end of season 1 they had set up a world that could have been cool, but I can see how it failed.

one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
Yeah it's a bit frustrating, because I really wanted to enjoy it because the idea was really promising.

SES SA

Potential
I usually give up pretty quickly if a show is crap. The terrible TV shows I see become terrible after starting out really well like Game of Thrones, Dexter or True Blood.

Reign I watched into season 3 for some reason and it is pretty terrible throughout.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Game of Thrones, Dexter
I stuck it out for those two, Dexter went downhill faster than GoT did, the ending was far more of FU to the fans of Dexter I rekon haha. Dont blame ya for giving up. I actually did give up on Another Life about 3 times but went back cos Netflix is easy to binge on and once I found the reviews of it, it was a far more entertaining experience. I gave up on True blood around s4 but read up to about book 7? of the book series. Never seen Reign, so thanks for the warning!

SES SA

Potential
I stuck it out for those two, Dexter went downhill faster than GoT did, the ending was far more of FU to the fans of Dexter I rekon haha. Dont blame ya for giving up. I actually did give up on Another Life about 3 times but went back cos Netflix is easy to binge on and once I found the reviews of it, it was a far more entertaining experience. I gave up on True blood around s4 but read up to about book 7? of the book series. Never seen Reign, so thanks for the warning!
I give up early if the first seasons don't hook me and stick with them until the end, no matter how bitter, if they do (hence GOT/Dexter/TB). Like Billions. I got through one season and no matter how great Paul Giamatti is, I was bored.

You're right Dexter did go downhill faster. Four great seasons, followed immediately by four terrible seasons. GOT had four great seasons, two very mixed seasons and two terrible seasons. Season 4 of True Blood is about the right time to quit.

I was hoping Reign would be more like The Tudors but it wasn't at all.

Kratos

Potential
I usually give up pretty quickly if a show is crap. The terrible TV shows I see become terrible after starting out really well like Game of Thrones, Dexter or True Blood.

Reign I watched into season 3 for some reason and it is pretty terrible throughout.
I usually give up on a show if the pilot episode doesn’t hold my attention or if there are 3-4 bad episodes in a row. Most recently, I couldn’t even get through the first 10 minutes of the tv show Mainfest before I got tired of it. The main character was so flipping bland.

katmobile

Scooby
I gave up on True Blood during season four too and Game of Thrones I think after four seasons - it was the season opener after the one which ended with Tyrian killing his dad on the privy. I also ditched Heroes early in it's second season. I was only able to make it through two seasons of the Walking Dead before the depressing nature of it got to me although hating Lori didn't help.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've gotten really good at figuring out whether I'll enjoy a show before I even watch a second of it, so I genuinely can't think of examples. I never watched Game of Thrones cause I knew it wasn't for me (yes, I'm the 1% :p), and I stayed away from Dexter, except for S1, because I'd heard enough about how bad it got - although I did watch S2E1 and was turned off, so I guess that one counts.

I know what I like, I know what I don't like but maybe someday, when I get around to watching more new shows, things will change.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I started watching Fences the other day. So boring. Fortunately my partner agreed and it was turned off after about 30 minutes.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Once Upon a Time and True Blood went down the toilet after their second seasons...
Agreed. The problem with OUAT is that they split the season into two lots of 11 episodes for scheduling reasons (fair enough, they didn't want constant starting and stopping) but then they started cramming a whole season arc into half a season so consequently a lot of the little character moments got lost in favour of Plot!Plot!Plot! then all the villains were basically related to either Regina or Rumple then CaptainSwan took over and Emma turned into a unpleasant person who practically forced Hook to propose after she went rooting through his things.

I tried a few episodes of Under The Dome but just couldn't get into it, same with Agents of Shield. I disliked some of the female characters on Agents of Shield, mainly Fitz or Simmons (whichever one was the girl) and Daisy?

I gave up on Walking Dead (mainly because it moved to a subscription channel which I don't get) but it's just basically the same repetitive formula: Villain of the arc, characters die horribly, villain disposed of, new characters join the group etc. All of the original characters are gone now with the exception of two.

The Twilight movies should get a mention. I unfortunately saw some of the first one on tv (there was nothing else on) and Kristen Stewart was terrible in it.

The Human Centipede is vile. I'd rather watch a show consisting of Kennedy and Clara Oswald than watch any of that ever again.

The Jurassic Park/Jurassic World sequels have so much stupidity in them. The Lost World has some good elements eg Roland Tembo, but the protagonists' stupidity is unbelievable. In Jurassic Park 3, Tea Leoni is wooden. In Jurassic World, again stupidity on the protagonists' part. In Fallen Kingdom, just plain idiocy from the girl (seriously who hides in bed when there is a killer dinosaur on the loose?) and the fact that all these dangerous dinosaurs have escaped into the wild (including a T-Rex and Raptor) and everyone is like "Well, we'll just have to live with them!" No, kill them because they are going to kill people. We see the Mossosaurus do that at the end.

one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
Also I met the creator of The Human Centipede, he is such a weirdo lol.
Black Thorn
The Jurassic Park/Jurassic World sequels have so much stupidity in them. The Lost World has some good elements eg Roland Tembo, but the protagonists' stupidity is unbelievable. In Jurassic Park 3, Tea Leoni is wooden. In Jurassic World, again stupidity on the protagonists' part. In Fallen Kingdom, just plain idiocy from the girl (seriously who hides in bed when there is a killer dinosaur on the loose?) and the fact that all these dangerous dinosaurs have escaped into the wild (including a T-Rex and Raptor) and everyone is like "Well, we'll just have to live with them!" No, kill them because they are going to kill people. We see the Mossosaurus do that at the end.
I feel personally attacked right now 😂.
I absolutely love all of the Jurassic movies (but Jurassic Park 3). I don't really watch the new ones for the plot to be fair, the dinosaurs just look amazing and they eat people so I'm happy.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I feel personally attacked right now 😂.
I absolutely love all of the Jurassic movies (but Jurassic Park 3). I don't really watch the new ones for the plot to be fair, the dinosaurs just look amazing and they eat people so I'm happy.
They don't eat all the people they should though :p

The Lost World is a decent movie to be fair (apart from the part where the dog gets eaten- I hate that part) but Nick Van Owen and Sarah Harding are basically the cause of all the deaths in that movie and yet they're meant to be part of the group of "heroes".

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Evil hand issues💀
Black Thorn
Agreed. The problem with OUAT is that they split the season into two lots of 11 episodes for scheduling reasons (fair enough, they didn't want constant starting and stopping) but then they started cramming a whole season arc into half a season so consequently a lot of the little character moments got lost in favour of Plot!Plot!Plot! then all the villains were basically related to either Regina or Rumple then CaptainSwan took over and Emma turned into a unpleasant person who practically forced Hook to propose after she went rooting through his things.

I tried a few episodes of Under The Dome but just couldn't get into it, same with Agents of Shield. I disliked some of the female characters on Agents of Shield, mainly Fitz or Simmons (whichever one was the girl) and Daisy?

I gave up on Walking Dead (mainly because it moved to a subscription channel which I don't get) but it's just basically the same repetitive formula: Villain of the arc, characters die horribly, villain disposed of, new characters join the group etc. All of the original characters are gone now with the exception of two.

The Twilight movies should get a mention. I unfortunately saw some of the first one on tv (there was nothing else on) and Kristen Stewart was terrible in it.

The Human Centipede is vile. I'd rather watch a show consisting of Kennedy and Clara Oswald than watch any of that ever again.

This was an excellent post, by the way. I actually read all of it, and throughly enjoyed it. 😨

Wow, and I'm not even high. :p

Top Bottom