• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Would Buffy have been able to kill Angel in the early years?

Gnomie192

Townie
I've just started watching BTVS from Season 1 again. (It's the hundredth time I've seen it, but the first time in about 10 years I've watched it. I'd forgotten how good the Bangel scenes were. Angel sure was creepy at the beginning and already obsessed with Buffy. I love how he was showing signs of jealousy even at this early stage.

In the episode "Angel" Buffy believes that Angel attacks her mother.

Do you think Buffy would have been able to kill Angel at this early stage or was she already too much in love with him?

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
I have no doubt Buffy would have done that even if it was a little bit hard if it meant protecting her mother or anyone else or herself.Thank Goodness Buffy found out from Willow that Darla was the vampire who attacked her mother.

I'm not sure ... she gets the crossbow out specifically to kill him - but then deliberately shoots wide and gives him a chance to explain. I guess if the explanation hadn't been as good as it was then... maybe, yeah she would have killed him. But she wanted to be convinced - otherwise she wouldn't have given him the opportunity to convince her.

I'm not sure that in that early stage of her slaying career she would have been physically capable of killing him though, if he wasn't prepared to stand back and let her do it. Angel is a very powerful vampire, and she is a newish slayer. It isn't her that kills Darla, so we don't know if she would have been powerful enough to kill her. She only gets away from Spike in School Hard because Joyce saves her - and Spike and Angel are reasonably well matched. If she had been that determined to kill Angel that he had to fight back for survival, he could well have won.

Top Bottom